Maryville's Schedule is WEAK!

WarriorFan

I believe this is Coach Quarles first year as Athletic Director. We shall see if the schedule will change in the next few years to include some powerhouses in and out of state. The Rebels win championships because their HC is a class guy with tremendous work ethic. His teams play disciplined football and he has quite as few excellent coaches on his staff. Put that together with a few D1 kids, quality role players and you get rings at the end of each season. This thread spews of jealousy toward Maryville.

• Replies 474
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Its also worth mentioning that OldCoach1 has a grand total of five posts and had to quote himself to obtain number 5. His profile does not show where he is from he just suddenly appeared. Hmmmmmm

oh.........a CONSPIRACY on hand.......... /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" /> Are you suggesting I am Old Coach and 32 skeedo and any other person on this board that doesn't see it your way? No one else surely would question Big Maryville........I have to have other names, because I am the only one crazy enough to post calling Maryville for what it is.....WEAK schedule......

Coach was showing that playing real cometition helps your team get better for playoffs. When you have no compeition in 4A, and it is evident Maryville does't.....you don't have to do much to get ready for the playoffs....... BA HATED playing Marion Co. They gave us fits.

May very well be.

The fact still remains his point isn't valid to the discussion because Maryville's schedule prepares them to win state titles in the class they are in.

I get it! The moral of the story is don't be too quick to envy! The young fellow went on two bask in the glory of 8 state championships with all the schools unified (two of them at 5A) and your team would not win a state championship for 20 years and then only after they divided it up into 8 classes with the privates separated. I wonder what he ever did with your handkerchief...

I really don't think he was very interested in basking in the glory of championships the next 20 years at that moment. He seemed more interested in me and my glory. How many 4A state championships did Brentwood Academy bask in? I gave the hankerchef to him as a momento. I often wonder to this day, if he was able to put those losses behind him or if he still dwells on dwells on Maryville to this day?

Let me tell you a parable.

A fisherman gets bored on a weekend afternoon. He decides to go fish, but doesn't really want to wait it out to catch the biggest bass in the lake. He thinks for a bit about what might get a quick response and be some fun for a short while. What does he do? He goes down to the dock, throws some fish guts in the water, and waits (not for long) for the little bluegills to rise to the bait and bite. It's really not that much fun to catch them, but kind of entertaining to watch them keep rising to the bait. So entertaining, in fact, that he throws chum into the water for the next day or so. Ultimately, however, it gets to be boring, so the fisherman leaves. Most other fishermen would have found it boring much sooner. Incredibly, the bluegills keep rising, even though the chum is gone. The fisherman watches from his cabin through binoculars for a while, then goes on to something else. Another fisherman notices the bluegill rising, and dumps some more junk in the water.

What a silly activity...certainly for the fishermen, but also for the bluegills.

...but apparently they will rise to virtually any bait, and the fishermen are too easily amused.

Nice parable. Understand what your saying. But as a fisherman myself can't imagine being bored waitng to catch the biggest bass in the lake. Might be just too big a challenge if you bored. To be honest, big bluegill, light tackle-just as fun as a big lunker bass. But if I was bored (if) I could sit back and let someone else bait the area. Let them use chum, let them put cat food in panty hose and throw it in the lake. Then catch that lunker when he shows up. Hey I've done nothing wrong. I didn't do the baiting that brought in the big fish. But I didn't mind taking credit for the world record though.

oh.........a CONSPIRACY on hand.......... /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" /> Are you suggesting I am Old Coach and 32 skeedo and any other person on this board that doesn't see it your way? ........I have to have other names, because I am the only one crazy enough to post calling Maryville for what it is.....WEAK schedule......

Did I say that? Man Brandon you are paranoid. Just looks like to me someone joining in on this would be on discussing all sorts of topics. You are probably a nice enough guy, but you are such an example of walking fertilizer it is hard to tell. You profess utmost respect for Maryville's program and it's coach, all the while calling them C-U-P-C-A-K-E-S, urging people to "rip them" calling their opponents "middle school teams". And 32skidoo questioned why I capitalized hypocrites yesterday??

If I am hearing you correctly, and again you contradict yourself and change your own rules so much it is difficult to do that. But BA's schedule is NFLesque compared to Maryville's. I see you beat McCallie 21-6 this year. "Little 2A" Alcoa, one of the cupcakes on our schedule beat them in 05 and 06. The game last year was close but Alcoa thumped them at McCallie in 05. The same year we beat Alcoa 42-21. Now if there is the night and day difference between these two school's schedules you claim that just doesn't add up does it? Oh I know what you guys will say, McCallie was beat up from playing all of these powerhouses or some other of the many spins and excuses you use. Just thought I would use that as an example. You spout athoritative facts but somehow miss obvious realistic comparisons staring you right in the face.

I or no one else from Maryville has ever said we have the toughest schedule in the State. And I doubt seriously you can prove your team does either. There was a time when our region was considered the toughest 4A region in the State and we have played Central in the quarter-finals enough times to prove that to be accurate. Our region has been

down the past year or two but those things always run in cycles. Agree? 70% of our schedule is region games, not sure what can be done about that till 09. Two of our non region opponents are currently ranked #2 in 2A and #4 in 5A. But to you, they are cupcakes. There is ZERO logic there so I won't bother.

It would not bother me one bit for Maryville to drop Heritage, and schedule a Marquee non region game. Prior to adding a team to our region we had a good series with Morristown West. I am sure since they are not a private to you they are a "cupcake" but if you check out their record over the past decade you will be very challenged backing that claim up. I am meeting you half way here Brandon try, TRY! to be civilized.

Here is where you lose all credibility to me. The name calling, insults and the outlandish view that our schedule, while not the toughest in the State is the sole reason for our record over the past 8 or 9 years. Believe it or not we have played some really good teams. I would venture to say we have won games in the finals against teams who could have more than held their own with your team if not downright beat them. The difference between 4A and 5A is minimal when you get to the finals, and rest assured Maryville has beaten teams in the finals that on paper should have won the game. That is where coaching comes in. If you don't think winning 103 out of 105 games at any level is an accomplishment, you friend, know NOTHING about football.

32skidoo admonished me as "this meaning way too much to me". My school and my team are the ones under attack here. While two guys have single handedly kept this thread alive about a school two hours away from them. And it means too much to me? You accuse us of "gang mentality" while saying you are glad others are "ripping Big Maryville"? Surely even you can see the phoniness in this.

Maybe Maryville's schedule is not the strongest in the State. But why should you care? We all know the reason but you will never answer that question honestly. And the two or three bandwagon jumpers you may have gathered here notwithstanding the answer will remain the same. WHO CARES? Its high school football. Geez is that all you have in your life? By the way William Blount has several talented underclassmen on this years team. This team has had talent in the past but this year they finally dropped the WingT offense and are running a spread offense. The results have been astounding and they surpassed their passing yardage from all of last season in like week three this year. I would put them up against any team in 5A right now. Be careful Brandon, you may just have to play one of these cupcakes some time.

I am glad you have enjoyed this thread though. Hope it eases some of the obvious deep rooted frustration you are carrying around. But at the end of the day you are discrediting a bunch of high school kid's and their accomplishments. These kids have interests other than football. (Feel free to try this yourself) They work hard and they deserve better. Even from you.

Now its all yours. Spin away my friend. As Led Zepplin would say, "The Song Remains the Same" W H O C A R E S?

If I remember right, we caught them in the playoffs. They never were a part of our regule schedule. I don't know why we never had a series with them.........have a feeling I am getting setting up for why didn't BA play them in the regular season......

Thanks for answering my question so quickly! Definitely PARANOID.