Covington Coaching Situation

sled78

• Replies 18
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Will the new coach at Covington be fired after the season? If so who is his replacement?

Any thoughts on why he would stay, or why Covington would keep him?

Outside lookin in here, but if this is his first year, there is a transition period that goes on in MOST programs. Granted Covington has a RICH TRADITION & the current record is not what the fans or the schoolis accustomed to. I do not know anything about the Coach or his credentials, however if Covington hired him, he MUST have had some worthy credentials. Coming from a "Football Family" (Lived with a Head Coach, my Dad for 18 years) there are lots of things that come into play when a coaching change comes about. I would say that possibly adaptation to a new system (possibly I don't know) as well as many other factors come into play here. The season IS NOT OVER ! There may be games ahead that will keep the moving vans out of his front yard. Our team has been bashed on here, but Covington played 48 minutes of football @ our place as well as 3 O/T's & from what I heard on the radio, the guy is certainly not ready for the axe yet ! He made a "gutsy call" goin for 2 in the final O/T but possibly was not a do or die, maybe more of a show of confidence for his kids. How young is the team? Would this have been a rebuilding / reloading year for ANY coach ? All things to be considered before "canning someone who a "Tradition Rich" Program had the confidence to hire in the first place ! Additionally, consider the competition. Region 7-3A IS TOUGH I don't care WHO you are ! I'm sure there are issues that I would be blind to, but the "Powers that BE" had enough faith in the guy to hire him & a Perenial Powerhouse like Covington doesn't just hire someone without doin their homework ! Outside lookin in, but let the season play out before packin his bags. Even then consider a year for transition & system development as well as reloading/ development of player personel. WHAT A DIFFERENCE A YEAR CAN MAKE !

New coach, New offense, new defense, tough region, tough '07 schedule. I'm sure Beaubien is thanking the old coach for the 1st 2 ballgames of the year: Whitehaven (top 5 in class 5A) & Tupelo, MS (a great program in MS). Beaubien is a great coach and person. Give him a short time and Covington will be back to where they usually are. This is crazy!

I watched Beaubien many years at DCA. He is a great coach and will lead this program to success. Give him a shot to bring them to level he did at DCA. I'm sure they are learning a whole new offense and defense, and he only got hired in early-July. They had no opportunity to implement either during spring practice. He is basically starting from scratch in a tough region with a tough schedule. This time next year, lets see where he is at.

This is a historic year for Covington Football. Brighton beat us for the first time in history,

then Dyer County,Munford.Please stop the bleeding.Brian Beaubien is a great person and would do ok at a small private school but you can't let the animals run the zoo.This so called (pro-set) offense will NOT work in Covington as you can see.Why fix something that is not broke. We have scored about as many points for the season as what we use to score for 1 game. We will be lucky to have 25 players on the team by the end of the season if something dont change.I have faith that our principal will correct this problem soon.This is not CHARGER football.Ripley you might as well get you some while you can.

This is a historic year for Covington Football. Brighton beat us for the first time in history,

then Dyer County,Munford.Please stop the bleeding.Brian Beaubien is a great person and would do ok at a small private school but you can't let the animals run the zoo.This so called (pro-set) offense will NOT work in Covington as you can see.Why fix something that is not broke. We have scored about as many points for the season as what we use to score for 1 game. We will be lucky to have 25 players on the team by the end of the season if something dont change.I have faith that our principal will correct this problem soon.This is not CHARGER football.Ripley you might as well get you some while you can.

Whoa, whoa, whoa....... I thought this is what some of you folks wanted, a pro style offense with the ball being THROWN in the air instead of a boring ground attack that produced state championship caliber teams. After all, one of the posters on this very board said, "we need to throw the ball with all the great qb's we've had come through here." I told you then better be careful what you wish for. I'm sure coach Beaubien is a great coach, but its kinda like taking Nebraska and trying to change them from an option run team to a pro style west coast offense attact....the results ain't pretty.

Your first post and you use it to call for as new coach and new offense.

Maybe if you would have posted this under your usual ID it would carry more weight.

Covington has a new head coach with a new offense these things take a little bot of time. Plus, like someone else posted, its still only half the season. Theres a lot of football to be played and they have time to get the ball rolling in the right direction. Whether you like it or not I don't think your coach is going anywhere. This isn't college football, they'll give him a chance to get everything going. All the fans should do the same.

Covington is only going to win maybe two more games. The last two years they have been to the semifinals and the quarter finals. The gridiron club will not stand for this.

Wow...goodluck getting a new coach then. What coach, in his right mind, would want to go to a program where they want to get rid of a coach half way through his first season? If you know so much about coaching, I think its high time you send your resume in!