Harpeth@Lewis Co.

HHSnumber1fan

• Replies 19
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This one will be a good game for both. Lewis Co. is unbeaten on the year and virtually untested. They rolled past Mt. Pleasant & Wayne Co. who are both good 1A football programs. They also beat a quality Richland bunch. Harpeth is having a successful season sitting at 3-2 on the year and have been competitive in every game with the exception of East Robertson. They did test a very good Hickman Co. bunch and rolled past FRA and Loretto.

The common foe is Waverly Central. Lewis Co. beat the Tigers 28-0. Harpeth beat the Tigers 23-0.

I'll be rooting for the Indians to keep the building going and to pull off an "upset" here. I do expect these to be 2 of the 3 playoff teams from Region 6-2A (with the other being Hickman Co.).

This one will be a good game for both. Lewis Co. is unbeaten on the year and virtually untested. They rolled past Mt. Pleasant & Wayne Co. who are both good 1A football programs. They also beat a quality Richland bunch. Harpeth is having a successful season sitting at 3-2 on the year and have been competitive in every game with the exception of East Robertson. They did test a very good Hickman Co. bunch and rolled past FRA and Loretto.

The common foe is Waverly Central. Lewis Co. beat the Tigers 28-0. Harpeth beat the Tigers 23-0.

I'll be rooting for the Indians to keep the building going and to pull off an "upset" here. I do expect these to be 2 of the 3 playoff teams from Region 6-2A (with the other being Hickman Co.).

You sure come out of left field sometimes Big Country. Lewis County wins this one by as many as they want. Harpeth barley beat a pitaful FRA team and got beat by a not very good East Robertson team.

I'm not going out on any limbs, but sometimes game analysis is not the best indicator. I sure wouldn't count on the stats from the Tennessean for any accuracy either.

If Harpeth turns the ball over 6 times like they did against East Robertson, Lewis County will be able to name the score. They can't beat anybody if they turn the ball over that much.

Harpeth ran the ball and the clock against FRA. Got a lead and ran clock. Lost the lead and got it back in 2 plays. I thought the Indians could have thrown the ball all night against FRA. They played it a little close to the vest in my opinion. They only put the ball in the air 7 times. That was all they needed.

That being said, Harpeth is building and they're pretty young. They'll go through some growing pains getting there. This years middle school team is undefeated beating Lewis Co., Sycamore for the 2nd time in 3 years and Cheatham for the 3rd year in a row. That will be 3 pretty solid freshmen groups coming into the program back to back to back. They lose 2 defensive ends, a tailback and an offensive tackle and that's about it. The JV is 3-1 this season. I think the work ethic is getting better in the weight room. Success breeds success.

I think 3rd in the region would be better than anyone gave them a shot to do before the season started and 4th should be considered a success.

I have seen both teams. I think it will be a tight game but since it is being played in Hohenwald, I give the nod to Lewis County. But, if Harpeth plays their cards right, don't turn the ball over, hit a couple of big plays in the passing game, who knows. Could be an upset.

...uh,no offence papa,but you kno this is homecoming right?I doubt this is anythang near close. /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />