Brentwood vs Franklin

Combos

BHS did beat RHS but it was anything but a domination game for BHS that wasnt their game until the 4th quarter when they scored a touchdown to seal the deal. BHS has to many open holes in their offense and i think that will be one thing franklin will take advantage of, and as far as defense goes....franklin just over rules them and all the other teams in their region...thats where we get the conclusion buddy....but hey maybe next time

franklin by 21

GO REBS

Hey Buddy how ya doing??? Guess our offense didnt have too many holes and our defense was plenty good enough to beat your sorry team. BHS did beat RHS and now they beat FHS!!!!!!!!!! Our kids played with so much heart heck we played against 12 players all night. I sure hope the refs get fired because they were horrible but we over came and the better team came out on top as it should have been ... but hey maybe next time!!!!! /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well I guess my post wasn't a stupid as yours now was it? I think my assestment was DEAD ON!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

And you win the award for most stupid poster of the season thus far. Please tell me everyone on your side of the field realized how Brentwood got robbed on that bogus touchdown the stupid refs made first quarter which by the way hands down is the worse call in the history of high school football. Those losers should feel way more stupid than you. And whats up with booing a hurt Bruin player as he hobbles off the field after laying on it??That was a first one for me as well. /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />

actually your post was still more stupid, he just happened to pick the wrong team

they were booing the bwood fan in the FHS stands... and alls i gotta say is it was a good game. We came out strong (for one td) but fell back to the usuall as we let scores go by. Then we fought back. And, i think that first td was a good call plus we had some horrible calls our was (2 spots, one fumble, and some missed unsportsman like on about half the D)

they were booing the bwood fan in the FHS stands... and alls i gotta say is it was a good game. We came out strong (for one td) but fell back to the usuall as we let scores go by. Then we fought back. And, i think that first td was a good call plus we had some horrible calls our was (2 spots, one fumble, and some missed unsportsman like on about half the D)

Nice try they were booing one fan in the stands sorry that don't fly. All I can say is I hope you get a chance to see the replay of the game though I would totally understand you not wanting to but trust me I have already seen it the game came on at 11pm and it was horrific to say the least. I would hate to be that ref if Brentwood had not been able to pull this game out.

Regarding the fair catch in the first quarter, the ref did see it on video at halftime courtesy of Brentwood High's excellent TV production program. Ronnie Seigenthaler was absolutely furious (as was the rest of the Bruin Nation) and it just so happens that he coached one of those refs in basketball back in the day. Needless to say, Seig let him hear it. At least one official took a look at the video and realized the error of his ways and confirmed that a fair catch was called. Obviously, it was too late to change the call. As was said before, that missed fair catch call was the worst in the history of high school football, maybe football in general.

A few closing thoughts from this game:

-Greatest game I have ever seen in my 4 years of high school

-Quite satisfying to have beaten Franklin 3 out of the last 4 years (04, 05, 07)

-First time that Brentwood has ever beaten both Franklin and Ravenwood in the regular season

-Once again, that missed call was the first in the history of football.

-More to come later.

Nice try they were booing one fan in the stands sorry that don't fly. All I can say is I hope you get a chance to see the replay of the game though I would totally understand you not wanting to but trust me I have already seen it the game came on at 11pm and it was horrific to say the least. I would hate to be that ref if Brentwood had not been able to pull this game out.

We were sitting right next to the student section on the franklin side (believe me that won't happen again) and it is true that all night when anyone wearing brentwood blue walked through, they would boo. They were actually booing a girl in a brentwood swim team shirt at the time the injured player was coming off the field. I would say it was a combination of bad timing and dumb high school behavior. Now, back to more important matters. Can anyone tell me what has happened to Frankin's offense this year? Last year they had such a good game. They only lost one game during the season. What has changed? I know that some really good players graduated, but that does not account for all of the trouble. I wonder what changed. Anyone have an opinion on that?

We were sitting right next to the student section on the franklin side (believe me that won't happen again) and it is true that all night when anyone wearing brentwood blue walked through, they would boo. They were actually booing a girl in a brentwood swim team shirt at the time the injured player was coming off the field. I would say it was a combination of bad timing and dumb high school behavior. Now, back to more important matters. Can anyone tell me what has happened to Frankin's offense this year? Last year they had such a good game. They only lost one game during the season. What has changed? I know that some really good players graduated, but that does not account for all of the trouble. I wonder what changed. Anyone have an opinion on that?

Maybe the Brentwood kids should stay in their crowd, not ours.

Well I guess my post wasn't a stupid as yours now was it? I think my assestment was DEAD ON!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

And you win the award for most stupid poster of the season thus far. Please tell me everyone on your side of the field realized how Brentwood got robbed on that bogus touchdown the stupid refs made first quarter which by the way hands down is the worse call in the history of high school football. Those losers should feel way more stupid than you. And whats up with booing a hurt Bruin player as he hobbles off the field after laying on it??That was a first one for me as well. /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />

We werent booing the player, we were booing the five or six brentwood fans that walked right through the middle of our student section.

Does that really make you feel better.. On close one like this mmm /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

Here is a clip of Casey Dykes' punt return...

Casey Dykes Punt Return

It was definitely a blown call by the refs. Dykes clearly signaled for the fair catch. You have to give Dykes credit though. It was an incredibly heads up play. Speaking of Casey Dykes I just love watching that kid play. There are players who tease you with their skills Monday through Thursday but disappear under the Friday night lights. Dykes isn't the biggest player or the fastest player but he comes to play every Friday. He's a gamer!!!!

P.S. The clip is a little over 3 megabytes so it might take a little bit to download if you have a slow connection. Also you'll need the latest version of Apple's FREE QuickTime Player to view the clip.