Dobyns Bennett out of conference games in the future.

Since the rumor mill has it that Elizabethton wont renew (which is fact more than rumor), Tennessee High wont renew, that the South game is dead, and nobody in the area wants to schedule DB, outside of William Blount and Oak Ridge Dobyns Bennett will have two slots to fill in their schedule. We all know DB doesn't care to travel. Any ideas, thoughts, rumors, or comments are welcome.

I, myself, think it would be fun to see the Knox Halls/DB scrimmage come to fruition in an actual game. Halls is playing our conference foes Bearden and Sevier County, I wonder if they just might play the Indians in the future.

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Since the rumor mill has it that Elizabethton wont renew (which is fact more than rumor), Tennessee High wont renew, that the South game is dead, and nobody in the area wants to schedule DB, outside of William Blount and Oak Ridge Dobyns Bennett will have two slots to fill in their schedule. We all know DB doesn't care to travel. Any ideas, thoughts, rumors, or comments are welcome.

I, myself, think it would be fun to see the Knox Halls/DB scrimmage come to fruition in an actual game. Halls is playing our conference foes Bearden and Sevier County, I wonder if they just might play the Indians in the future.

I had heared a rumor that the South game would come back in a couple of years.You would think that a couple of 4A teams in this part of the state would jump at the chance.DB has played a lot of teams around here over the years.GC shouldn't have trouble finding someone close,or we could add another region 2 team.

We all know D-B travels well, so lets go for it...........how bout Maryville and Riverdale?!!!!!!

Before DB travels 5 hours they should look outside of the state, NC, SC or GA. Both NC and SC could provide plenty of competition within a 3 hour drive that would be easier on the fans and the wallet. With CSS and ESPN now covering a lot of HS football there could be a chance for some coverage if they had right match up.

Greeneville, MoWest, MoEast, WB, Oak Ridge, Maryville...moving out a little Ooltewah, Riverdale, Smyrna, Ravenwood.

Gate City, Powell Valley, Richlands in Va

The MBA games were very exciting...I would like to see some new opponents maybe go out of state.

Personally, I wish they would limit the local teams to 1 per year and rotate that 1 game around the area. There is nothing to be gained by playing 3 games vs. the smaller local schools every year...it's a lose lose situation. If DB wins there is a built in excuse of a bigger school should win every time, and if they lose it's a HaHa you can't beat the little schools. IMO

There is no indication from THS that they won??™t renew. This is a good game for our program from our standpoint.

Greeneville, MoWest, MoEast, WB, Oak Ridge, Maryville...moving out a little Ooltewah, Riverdale, Smyrna, Ravenwood.

Gate City, Powell Valley, Richlands in Va

The MBA games were very exciting...I would like to see some new opponents maybe go out of state.

Personally, I wish they would limit the local teams to 1 per year and rotate that 1 game around the area. There is nothing to be gained by playing 3 games vs. the smaller local schools every year...it's a lose lose situation. If DB wins there is a built in excuse of a bigger school should win every time, and if they lose it's a HaHa you can't beat the little schools. IMO

If we are playing WB,OR along with our region. A couple of local 4A schools makes it something for everybody to talk about.Going out of state would be nice too. It sounds special when a team with ALA.GA or SC is behind the name.

If we are playing WB,OR along with our region. A couple of local 4A schools makes it something for everybody to talk about.Going out of state would be nice too. It sounds special when a team with ALA.GA or SC is behind the name.

DB played high schools in Fla. before there were such things as interstates or the reg. airport, just train.

Before DB travels 5 hours they should look outside of the state, NC, SC or GA. Both NC and SC could provide plenty of competition within a 3 hour drive that would be easier on the fans and the wallet. With CSS and ESPN now covering a lot of HS football there could be a chance for some coverage if they had right match up.

What about Byrnes in SC , I understand we go down there to the 7 on 7 the have every year. It is about a 3 hour trip.Have seen them on ESPN and Fox . Maybe they could get our game televised. Just a thought.Heard there is a coach down there that is from over in Erwin.

What about Byrnes in SC , I understand we go down there to the 7 on 7 the have every year. It is about a 3 hour trip.Have seen them on ESPN and Fox . Maybe they could get our game televised. Just a thought.Heard there is a coach down there that is from over in Erwin.

I don't know if we would want to play Byrnes, especially on national TV.They are superman fast and I doubt if that would be a good move for Dobyns-Bennett.

I don't know if we would want to play Byrnes, especially on national TV.They are superman fast and I doubt if that would be a good move for Dobyns-Bennett.

If DB wants to get more scholarships for the boys, they need to see how they stack up outside the area. Typically DB faired OK in 7 on 7 (not this year) at Byrnes. The MBA trip several years ago was very motivating for that team. They knew they were in for a battle and new the compettiton was at a different level. They dont have to go out of state every year, but a change of competition would serve the team well. A dose of humility can inspire a group to work harder during the off season. IMO, going 10-0, 9-1, every season has led to complaisance in the off season for DB. It will be interesting to see 2 things this next year 1). Will spring practice be in Jan.? 2). Will summer work outs be at 6:30 AM? I dont think either worked well for DB.