CCS vs FRA - CCS

Total goals scored = 21

• Replies 154
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Games begin tomorrow. Just a reminder,

11:30am #4 CCS vs #2 CAK

My advice for fans is to get there early (and sit at the top section of the bleachers - the 300 students or so will claim the bottom half or stand on the grass) and bring blankets!!!!!!!!! It's going to be cold and those stone bleachers will freeze you.

2:00pm #5 USJ vs #6 CPA

This is the one game I may not see all of because of a Chemistry test (thanks science department /biggrin.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":D" border="0" alt="biggrin.gif" />). Should be one of the top 2 games on the day in A/AA. Again, bring blankets.

4:30pm #1 ND vs #11 JCS

Jackson Christian, get there early. I believe Notre Dame will bring a small army of fans. And stay warm!

7:00pm #3 FRA vs #9 Knox Catholic

And the nightcap. This will be the coldest game of the night. STAY WARM.

Enjoy. There will be a lot of great soccer played in the afternoon. Winners will play at 4:30pm and 7:00pm, also at CCS. The final is on Saturday at noon at GPS.

If you're a guest at the tourny and need something (within reason, I'm not ordering pizza. But if you do, please go meet the poor guy at the gate so he doesn't have to pay $7 - which would be your money in the end - to deliver /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" /> ) then don't hesitate to find me (don't bother with the game administration people, they have enough going on).

Predictions:

Quarters

CAK (sorry CCS, I actually really like you guys, but I can't go against my Warriors)

CPA (still full from last years cook out with the guys team!)

Notre Dame (your welcome, Chas)

FRA (gotta go with Coach Mac. They don't get much better than him. Flash, even after you bet against me in the race against Conig)

Semis

CAK (if they can get by a great CCS team and fans, they will have their hands full with an underestimated CPA team)

Notre Dame (this will be a tough rematch from last year)

Finals

Gotta go with a back to back... CAK

Total goals scored in tournament 22

FRA (gotta go with Coach Mac. They don't get much better than him. Flash, even after you bet against me in the race against Conig)

Big G....I thought you were looking forward to shot a Coach Mac!!??

Hey I checked Vegas on the Big G v Coniglio race.....you're 30-1 and going south!!!!

Personally. I gotta root for a FRA v CAK or CPA final (we have seen CPA 3x's so it's familair turf)......I'm not sure we've seen CAK in the last 5 years.....without looking back at the records.....I don't think so though!

With that said little FRA is a bit of a long shot;.....with one of the tougher draws (at least based on Eurosport rankings).

Geeod luck and best wishes for the Panthers!

not picking winners but I'll go high with 25 goals scored!

The fun starts tomorrow.....I hope everyone plays safe! /flower.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":flower:" border="0" alt="flower.gif" />

Big G....I thought you were looking forward to shot a Coach Mac!!??

Hey I checked Vegas on the Big G v Coniglio race.....you're 30-1 and going south!!!!

Actually, I would love a FRA vs. CAK final (as would you) for the obvious reason that we would both be in the finals! But saying that, I also have a GREAT deal of respect for Coach Mac, so I know he would bring a super team (as he seems to do year after year). I just think that Notre Dame has a slight edge, with a little more depth. Doesn't mean that FRA can't and won't pull the "upset" (though I don't think that FRA beating anyone is an upset by any means).

I read your comment about being the underdog in another thread. In all my years of coaching, I would always rather be the underdog than the one with the target on our backs. The pressure of being expected to win is a strange creature. The freedom of having "nothing to lose" can not only be refreshing, but a catalyst for getting fired up to play your best. I think CAK is going to see some of that against CCS.

And as far as the Vegas odds, I am honored. Only 30-1?! Man, I thought it would be at least around 500-1 (with Coniglio running with one leg, eating a burrito, and taking breaks every half mile). What he doesn't know, is that I am going to hide in his afro, and pop out right at the finish line. Don't tell him though, it will ruin the suprise.

Actually, I would love a FRA vs. CAK final (as would you) for the obvious reason that we would both be in the finals! But saying that, I also have a GREAT deal of respect for Coach Mac, so I know he would bring a super team (as he seems to do year after year). I just think that Notre Dame has a slight edge, with a little more depth. Doesn't mean that FRA can't and won't pull the "upset" (though I don't think that FRA beating anyone is an upset by any means).

I read your comment about being the underdog in another thread. In all my years of coaching, I would always rather be the underdog than the one with the target on our backs. The pressure of being expected to win is a strange creature. The freedom of having "nothing to lose" can not only be refreshing, but a catalyst for getting fired up to play your best. I think CAK is going to see some of that against CCS.

And as far as the Vegas odds, I am honored. Only 30-1?! Man, I thought it would be at least around 500-1 (with Coniglio running with one leg, eating a burrito, and taking breaks every half mile). What he doesn't know, is that I am going to hide in his afro, and pop out right at the finish line. Don't tell him though, it will ruin the suprise.

FRA is definately giving up depth....to everyone in the tournament! You're right I think Coach Mac is special...both my son and daughter have been blessed by playing for him....as for the race...hey like I told Conig....Old guysplay dirty and that's OK cause we earned it! If you're around I'll be the old guy taking pictures with the USNA hat....Say HI!

Flash, I think I'm running lines during the FRA game so it shouldn't be hard to spot me.

As for the 30-1 odds, that's about right. I mean, the guy's got to keep up with a team of 5 straight champs. That would be enough for 3 coaches in my book.. and everyone has an off race. /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />

Flash, I think I'm running lines during the FRA game so it shouldn't be hard to spot me.

As for the 30-1 odds, that's about right. I mean, the guy's got to keep up with a team of 5 straight champs. That would be enough for 3 coaches in my book.. and everyone has an off race. /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />

Sounds to me like you're trying to sucker us into a bet!!!! /hungry.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":hungry:" border="0" alt="hungry.gif" />