Cannon Co. vs Jackson Co.

wildcat6

JC27, Don't be too upset. I believe that the touchdown off the onside kick and the 2pt conversion put the Lions up 35-0 which invoked the mercy rule. That was what the coach was looking for so he could SHORTEN the game for the Blue Devils and also pull his starters. Final score ended up 35-0 right? I know Cannon's coach WELL, and I bet you he remembers the tough times he went through last year and the teams that ran it up on him. Again it was not to run up the score but to try and shorten the game so his starters could be pulled and the chance of getting one injured is reduced. Also by having the mercy rule invoked less chance to run up the score!!

I understand that you want to get your other players some time so why would you shorten the game. We were not going to get a score let alone 27 points that was obvious. So why would you want to shorten the game for your second string players. I would think that you would want them to get the most playing time that they can get so you would not shorten the game. I think that JC will remember this for a long time. I wonder how he would have felt last year down 27 - 0 at half and someone onside kicking him. I do not know the Coach of Cannon but I do know that usually what comes around goes around. And how short our memory can be at times. Good luck to the lions the rest of the year.

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic