Cannon Co. vs Jackson Co.

wildcat6

Just goot a little ticked when people don't know what was going on in the game. Melvin is a special player but he plays O, D, and returns kicks. He is an outstanding talent that we are slowly discovering all that he can do. Don't worry, the Lions will be ready and I will be ready. Thanks for the support.

I understand I don't coach anymore I just follow teams in Region 4 3A that is why I was at the game. I think you do a good job and from what I hear have rebuilt a program that was down. I was just clearly stating an observation. Good luck tonight!

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey that is some funny stuff, Just figured out who you are "Warrior 2024" so I did get to you and I see you and your men pulled a shut out tonight; great victory! Hey you also were able to rest your starters, nice! You did see the York and Westmoreland score? It absolutely has to burn you! But hey sometimes you cant win them all, and yes you are doing a great job with the team and I am absolutley 100% behind the Lions. Sometimes just have to throw some "wind" out there to build up the fire!

I know you cant judge too much by scores, but after seeing Cannon Co. almost beat Westmoreland and then watching Westmoreland and and York tonight knowing York beat Smith Co. I think Cannon Co. may give SC all they want. Barger is doing a great job up there and watch out next season. I hope SC thinks it will be a cake walk. If they do there will be some sad faces after that game.

Thanks, just remember Hardwork always pays off and the boys are beginning to reap the benefits. They cannot get too confident though. Play hard and smart. One week at a time and Jackson County is this week.

I have to say that I was not impressed with our visit to CAnnon County this evening. I thought that their coaching staff did some pretty rotten things for a team that has not had much success. To go for an onside kick to start the half and then a two point conversion after the touchdown is classless. It looked to me like it was a coaching staff that has not won much, which is true, thinking that they are better then what they really are. I wonder how they felt last year after only one win when coaches were throwing all over them running up the score. It is amazing how three wins off of teams that have won a combined total of 3 games can make you feel that you are king of the mountain. I had hear good hings about the CC program but now I do not believe any of them. They better hope they do not have a tough season any time soon. This type of bevior is never forgotten by coaches. Keep your heads up Jackson County your time is coming

JC27, Don't be too upset. I believe that the touchdown off the onside kick and the 2pt conversion put the Lions up 35-0 which invoked the mercy rule. That was what the coach was looking for so he could SHORTEN the game for the Blue Devils and also pull his starters. Final score ended up 35-0 right? I know Cannon's coach WELL, and I bet you he remembers the tough times he went through last year and the teams that ran it up on him. Again it was not to run up the score but to try and shorten the game so his starters could be pulled and the chance of getting one injured is reduced. Also by having the mercy rule invoked less chance to run up the score!!

I have to say that I was not impressed with our visit to CAnnon County this evening. I thought that their coaching staff did some pretty rotten things for a team that has not had much success. To go for an onside kick to start the half and then a two point conversion after the touchdown is classless. It looked to me like it was a coaching staff that has not won much, which is true, thinking that they are better then what they really are. I wonder how they felt last year after only one win when coaches were throwing all over them running up the score. It is amazing how three wins off of teams that have won a combined total of 3 games can make you feel that you are king of the mountain. I had hear good hings about the CC program but now I do not believe any of them. They better hope they do not have a tough season any time soon. This type of bevior is never forgotten by coaches. Keep your heads up Jackson County your time is coming

First of all if Cannon had really wanted to run up the score they would have. If you noticed there starters didn't play another series after that score. That score made they clock run continually thanks to the new "mercy rule", so it could have been worse. As far as the game Cannon dominated on both sides of the ball. I was very happy to see them passing it a little more. There defense played the best i've seen all year, and they should be a tough team to beat the rest of the season. Thats a credit to the coaching staff and the players for all the work the past few seasons.

JC, you really dont believe that Cannon ran the score up? Cannon won 35-0. You do what you have to do to win, and give your younger players a chance to play also, believe me Cannon County is not team that runs the score up. Cannon played a great mistake free game last night, that is it.