Kingsbury Vs. Fairley

kwc

This is going to be a very good game. Last week Fairley lost to Dandy Doazen #1 White Station by 9 points and last week Kingsbury went into Germantown and put a whipping on them. Kingsbury RB, Gabriel Hunter became the offensive Athlete of the Week in the Commercial Appeal by running for 205 yards and a couple of TDs. Who wins this one?

• Replies 15
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This game answers alot of questions in region 8. Kingsbury wins they will be region champs unless something drastic happens. Fairley wins it'll create a possible 3 way tie between Kingsbury, Fairley, Melrose with East and Raliegh Egypt fighting it out for 4. Fairley played White Station close but they struggled on offense but have a stifling

deffense, Kingsbury on the other hand beat a very down Germentown badly but to be fair they have the weapons on offense but how good is their defense "that's a question by the way". Kingsbury to win to much offense and to little for fairley.

This game answers alot of questions in region 8. Kingsbury wins they will be region champs unless something drastic happens. Fairley wins it'll create a possible 3 way tie between Kingsbury, Fairley, Melrose with East and Raliegh Egypt fighting it out for 4. Fairley played White Station close but they struggled on offense but have a stifling

deffense, Kingsbury on the other hand beat a very down Germentown badly but to be fair they have the weapons on offense but how good is their defense "that's a question by the way". Kingsbury to win to much offense and to little for fairley.

Cougarmike:

This is going to be a good, hard fought game. Kingsbury has this 6-5, 230 TE that the SEC schools are recruiting, yet ... I haven't seen any of his stats in the paper. When I think about it ... all I've read about is Gabriel Hunter ... the jr. RB. Kingsbury is not a one horse team and neither is Fairley. Both like to run the ball. but both have run-stopping defenses. This is anybody's game. I'm probably going to go to this game ... just to see Gabe Hunter if for no other reason. Anybody else going to this game?

This is Fairley's schedule.

http://tennessee.coacht.com/inside/schedul...amp;SeasonID=61

They have lost to White Station and Whitehaven. They barely beat East 7-6, and Mitchell 12-6 while blowing out Westwood and Raleigh-Eygpt. In their two losses, Whitehaven beat them 35-6 and White Station beat them 28-19.

This is Kingsbury's schedule.

http://tennessee.coacht.com/inside/schedul...amp;SeasonID=61

They have lost to MUS and Haywood. They barley beat Melrose 13-12, and blew out Central, Northside, and Germantown. In their two losses, they loss to MUS 35-19 and to Haywood, 36-30.

Just going by perception, it appears that Fairley has been blown out and competed in thier losses, with the latest loss being more competative against the Dandy Dozen #1. Kingsbury is in the same boat with it's most competative loss comming later in the season then it's blow-out loss. I'm just mentioning this as food for thought. This data doesn't reveal a whole lot unless you want to give Fairley's losses more creadence. For that reason, I'm going to pick Fairley ... but I'm not confident in that pick at all.

Man ... what a game. 34-28, Fairley! So ... Kingsbury beat Melrose ... 13-12. Fairley beat Kingsbury 34-28. Fairley and Melrose have yet to play. If Fairley wins ... then Fairley is the #1 seed, Kingsbury is the #2 seed, Melrose is the #3 seed, and Raleigh-Eygpt is the #4 seed because they beat East on Thursday night 28-16, or something like that.

What happens if Melrose beats Fairley on Octber 19th at Melrose Stadium? That's a 3-way tie. Melrose beats Fairley, Fairley beats Kingbury, and Kingsbury beat Melrose. How on earth will the seeds be decided? I'm sure that the TSSAA has a format to use ... but regardless ... it's going to be a mess. Melrose still has a shot to be the number 1 seed. Does anybody know the answer to this question?

Man ... what a game. 34-28, Fairley! So ... Kingsbury beat Melrose ... 13-12. Fairley beat Kingsbury 34-28. Fairley and Melrose have yet to play. If Fairley wins ... then Fairley is the #1 seed, Kingsbury is the #2 seed, Melrose is the #3 seed, and Raleigh-Eygpt is the #4 seed because they beat East on Thursday night 28-16, or something like that.

What happens if Melrose beats Fairley on Octber 19th at Melrose Stadium? That's a 3-way tie. Melrose beats Fairley, Fairley beats Kingbury, and Kingsbury beat Melrose. How on earth will the seeds be decided? I'm sure that the TSSAA has a format to use ... but regardless ... it's going to be a mess. Melrose still has a shot to be the number 1 seed. Does anybody know the answer to this question?

I wonder if TSSAA will use the point system to break the tie.If Melrose beats Fairley by 2 points or more then Melrose should be #1 seed since Kingsbury beat Melrose 13 - 12.

I wonder if TSSAA will use the point system to break the tie.If Melrose beats Fairley by 2 points or more then Melrose should be #1 seed since Kingsbury beat Melrose 13 - 12.

I don't know what system they use, but if they did use a point system, Melrose is sitting pretty with a one point loss to Kingsbury. I wonder if there is anybody reading this thread who knows what tie-breaking system the TSSAA will use.

Or should Melrose have to beat Fairley 7 or more since Fairley beat Kingsbury by 6?

Good question. Who knows. There are so many different scenerios it boggles the mind. There is a method to the madness, I just don't know what it is. I'm hoping that someone who does know will read this and shed some light on the subject.

Good question. Who knows. There are so many different scenerios it boggles the mind. There is a method to the madness, I just don't know what it is. I'm hoping that someone who does know will read this and shed some light on the subject.

It is not incredibly clear from the TSSAA site how the winner is determined, but it references the following tie breaker scenario:

E. The following tie-breaking procedures shall be applied and all regular-season games, both region and non-region, shall count (After each of the following steps have been applied, item C above shall be applied.):

1. The team with the greatest number of victories.

2. The team who has the greatest number of victories over teams winning 50 percent or more of their games.

3. The team whose opponents have earned the most victories.

4. The team whose opponents have received fewer defeats.

5. The team who has the greatest number of victories over teams in its own class.

6. Ten yardline overtime procedure at neutral site Monday night at 7:30 P.M.