Hunter Green State Bound!

Rhea Co.

Hmmm so on a non junior scoreboard Hunter would be ranked higher. Since he plays in more non junior events then junior events. But college coaches look at what a player has done in high school too. Not just the junior scoreboard.

Didn't say college coaches didn't pay attention to high school results. In fact, many college coaches were at the division II championships (and I'm sure the other tournaments) at Old Fort this year. They do place more emphasis on non-high school events though.

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Where is Hunter going to school next year? How are his grades? Is he good enough for UTC's team?

I wish him the best of luck in the future and hope he can stay close to home to attend college and hopefully help the UTC golf team achieve a Top 5 ranking in the very near future if UTC does offer him.

Great HS performance over the past 3 years!

Where is Hunter going to school next year? How are his grades? Is he good enough for UTC's team?

I wish him the best of luck in the future and hope he can stay close to home to attend college and hopefully help the UTC golf team achieve a Top 5 ranking in the very near future if UTC does offer him.

Great HS performance over the past 3 years!

I talked to Hunter over the last few days and He really isn't talking about where he wants to go right now. He is getting his winter and spring golf tournament schedule put together right now. He also said he is not taking off anytime from golf this winter. UT's coach is still interested and even follow hunter around all day on day two of the State Tournament. Hunter has mentioned that he is leaning toward UTC because the coach and hunter go way back and he feels it would be a better fit. He can go pretty much anywhere he wants to right now it is he just got to decided on where. His grades are really good nothing below an B+ and most of his classes he has A. I think Hunter is good enough to go to UTC and look who is on that team an old rival in Rende who Hunter beat for his first State Title.

Geese, I am sick of hearing about this Hunter Green guy, whoever posts this stuff must be from east Tn

He is NOT the best golfer in the state.Clearly Joe David is, and the records show it

The Year 2007 Wins

Joe David- District 9-AA champion, Region 5-AA champion, State class AA champion, AAJGT Old Fort Champion 65-68, Tn Jr Open champion, Schooldays Champion

Hunter Green-Nothing

Previous Years

Joe David- TGA player of the year twice, top 5 finishes in the bubba twice, 2006 tn jr open champion, 2nd in a aajgt event, several district and region championships, and 2 top 10 finishes at state

Hunter Green-2005 Class AAA state champion, 2006 Class AAA state champion, and maybe a few district and regions

TOP 5 golfers in state

1.Joe David

2.Drew Miller

3.Lexus Keoninh

4.Payne Denman

5.Steven Fox

Geese, I am sick of hearing about this Hunter Green guy, whoever posts this stuff must be from east Tn

He is NOT the best golfer in the state.Clearly Joe David is, and the records show it

The Year 2007 Wins

Joe David- District 9-AA champion, Region 5-AA champion, State class AA champion, AAJGT Old Fort Champion 65-68, Tn Jr Open champion, Schooldays Champion

Hunter Green-Nothing

Previous Years

Joe David- TGA player of the year twice, top 5 finishes in the bubba twice, 2006 tn jr open champion, 2nd in a aajgt event, several district and region championships, and 2 top 10 finishes at state

Hunter Green-2005 Class AAA state champion, 2006 Class AAA state champion, and maybe a few district and regions

TOP 5 golfers in state

1.Joe David

2.Drew Miller

3.Lexus Keoninh

4.Payne Denman

5.Steven Fox

Let it go already the state was over two weeks ago along with the season. You forgot on hunter in 2007 Made the USGA Junior Amatuer State Open, State Amatuer, and Qualified for the North South Amatuer at Pinehurst. 2004-2006. 15 independent wins 22 top 5 and 30 top 10 over 3 years in the East Tennessee and North Georgia Area. Chattanooga Times Free Press Male athlete of the Year and 3 time all area. All State 2005-2007 All Region 2004-2007 All District 2004-2007. Chattanooga Pro-Am Champion, . 2005-2006 Coca-Cola Invitational Champion. 3 AAJGT wins, qualified for State Open in 2006. 2006 Vinny. Now this is just high school if you want me to put the rest of his resume (Thanks Coach for the resume). Which includes 3 state Middle school individual championships. Oh and there is the 6 of the top 10 teams in the country have offers on the table for him.

That top 5 is way off what is that the mid state rankings LOL. I know there is better golfers than hunter and joe it is called Division II. There is alot great private school golfers in the state.

Hmmm look at the state percentage too Hunter has a better finishing percentage 2 State Titles 3 top 3 and Average finish of 1.3. and for the career finish 11.4 (that includes all tournaments he competed in since 2000.)

And you must not get out of middle tennessee much. Trust me there is alot better golf outside the middle part of the state, and you probably have never watched Hunter play before either.

hahaha, ever so wrong my friend that is from the same place as green and keeps postin all this stuff about him.

First, who cares what he's qualified for, I look at wins and thats what joe does.Second who cares about his own club championship, that means didly squat. Third, your statement that there are golfers better than joe in division II in TN is INCORRECT, INCORRECT, INCORRECT, I've got proof, and that golf strength goes 1.west, 2.Middle, and last3.east, your pathetic little east

2007 State Championships

A-AA

Team

Lipscomb-599-MIDDLE TN

Individual

Joe David-135-MIDDLE TN

AAA

Team

Houston-595-WEST TN

Individual

Drew Miller-MIDDLE TN

Division II Class A

Team

St.George's-623-WEST TN

Individual

Hunter Kraus-142-WEST TN

Division II Class AA

Team

Baylor-568-EAST TN

Individual

Will Pearson-139-WEST TN

Yes, count it buddy EAST IS THE WEAKEST

THATS 4 CHAMPIONSHIPS for WEST TN, 3 for MIDDLE, and only 1 for your puny EAST TN BABY

AND look at that JOE DAVID had the LOWEST INDIVIDUAL SCORE OUT OF EVERONE 64-71 and the amazing thing is how much lower he would have went on day 2 but the wind was blowing very hard

AND THE 2ND and 3RD LOWEST scores also go to MIDDLE TN as a boy From LIPSCOMB shot 137 to finish second in A/AA while 3RD wen to Clarksville Drew MILLER who shot 138 to win AAA which proves individual wise middle tn is the best

By the way, who did Miller beat out in a playoff, your little redneck friend Hunter Green, He will be on the tour one day, not the PGA, but BLUE COLLAR COMEDY TOUR with Larry the Cable guy

hahaha, ever so wrong my friend that is from the same place as green and keeps postin all this stuff about him.

First, who cares what he's qualified for, I look at wins and thats what joe does.Second who cares about his own club championship, that means didly squat. Third, your statement that there are golfers better than joe in division II in TN is INCORRECT, INCORRECT, INCORRECT, I've got proof, and that golf strength goes 1.west, 2.Middle, and last3.east, your pathetic little east

2007 State Championships

A-AA

Team

Lipscomb-599-MIDDLE TN

Individual

Joe David-135-MIDDLE TN

AAA

Team

Houston-595-WEST TN

Individual

Drew Miller-MIDDLE TN

Division II Class A

Team

St.George's-623-WEST TN

Individual

Hunter Kraus-142-WEST TN

Division II Class AA

Team

Baylor-568-EAST TN

Individual

Will Pearson-139-WEST TN

Yes, count it buddy EAST IS THE WEAKEST

THATS 4 CHAMPIONSHIPS for WEST TN, 3 for MIDDLE, and only 1 for your puny EAST TN BABY

AND look at that JOE DAVID had the LOWEST INDIVIDUAL SCORE OUT OF EVERONE 64-71 and the amazing thing is how much lower he would have went on day 2 but the wind was blowing very hard

AND THE 2ND and 3RD LOWEST scores also go to MIDDLE TN as a boy From LIPSCOMB shot 137 to finish second in A/AA while 3RD wen to Clarksville Drew MILLER who shot 138 to win AAA which proves individual wise middle tn is the best

By the way, who did Miller beat out in a playoff, your little redneck friend Hunter Green, He will be on the tour one day, not the PGA, but BLUE COLLAR COMEDY TOUR with Larry the Cable guy

If Joe can't step up and play with pros like Hunter has. Then what in the world make you think Joe is better? Joe hasn't step up, he hasn't proven anything he hasn't proven he can make it up to the next level he hasn't beaten anybody the high school level unlike hunter who has. Hunter would blow away Joe in a head to head match. Oh and the club championships are not counted on resume. Until Joe steps up and proves he can play on the next level he is below Hunter. OH 2 is greater than 1 Championship. Oh and Ole Miss please one of the worse teams in the SEC in golf.

What is joe's avg finish over the last 4 years in all tournaments or even his average finish at the state? It's not better than hunter's

Gee you are only looking at one year. This year was a good year for west. Look at the past before post crap like that. Miller got lucky this year but good for him.

Put any team from West or Middle over here in the East they would have hard time just because the courses are so different especially some of the mountain courses over here.

Yeah but that Baylor team can beat any team in the state.

Hunter is no Redneck you wouldn't say that if you ever met him. He is the exact opposite of a redneck. Don't say thinks you can't back. It would be like me calling you a nerd who dosn't even play golf.

well I believe Ole Miss has won several tourney's this year, I know they had won 2 in a row the other day, I saw they won at the Legends out of 17 teams so they can't be too mad, and where is green goin UTC ha, don't get me wrong any golf scholarship is a good one but if he was really that good he would be going much more big time than that, and joe had offers to kentucky, central florida, tech, mtsu, and austin peay but he has wanted to go to ole miss for a while, and when exactly has green been competing against pros, and the only tournament the 2 played in together was at the jr state open where joe david was -8 to win while green was like 12th at +10 or somethin

well I believe Ole Miss has won several tourney's this year, I know they had won 2 in a row the other day, I saw they won at the Legends out of 17 teams so they can't be too mad, and where is green goin UTC ha, don't get me wrong any golf scholarship is a good one but if he was really that good he would be going much more big time than that, and joe had offers to kentucky, central florida, tech, mtsu, and austin peay but he has wanted to go to ole miss for a while, and when exactly has green been competing against pros, and the only tournament the 2 played in together was at the jr state open where joe david was -8 to win while green was like 12th at +10 or somethin

Well if Hunter goes to UTC I heard that #10 UTC has only 1 scholarship to offer this year but Hunter is in the hunt for it. National Ole Miss is decent but I would have figured Joe would want to go to UTC or UT who are ranked higher in the Nation. Now Ole Miss as a school is nice especially if joe is going for a law degree. There was pros in the Chattanooga Pro-Am which Hunter won and The State Open. Plus there was pros in the qualifiers for both events. Hunter did shot bad at the Jr. State Open but He was going through some swing changes which I thought was a bad idea especailly during the summer tournament schedule but he wanted to get better for the fall.

Well if Hunter goes to UTC I heard that #10 UTC has only 1 scholarship to offer this year but Hunter is in the hunt for it. National Ole Miss is decent but I would have figured Joe would want to go to UTC or UT who are ranked higher in the Nation. Now Ole Miss as a school is nice especially if joe is going for a law degree. There was pros in the Chattanooga Pro-Am which Hunter won and The State Open. Plus there was pros in the qualifiers for both events. Hunter did shot bad at the Jr. State Open but He was going through some swing changes which I thought was a bad idea especailly during the summer tournament schedule but he wanted to get better for the fall.

im kinda tired of whole joe vs hunter thing but if any of you KNOW joe, he could play at ut, utc, anywhere but im sure he wouldn't get the full ride to those schools which his parents and g-pa need for him to get a college education and ole miss gave it to him. it wasn't all about the best school for joe because his family isn't very wealthy. his g-pa told me if ole miss took his scholarship away that he would have to transfer because they need the money. well thats my 2 cents