Hunter Green State Bound!

Rhea Co.

He doesnt tuck his shirt in because he is a redneck and not a golfer.. he will never make it in college golf or any mini tours if he doesnt mature into a golfer.. he may be able to make a good run on the long drive tours but never any GOLF tours because appearance is such a huge part

Are you kidding me? Hunter is not a redneck. Just because he is from Rhea County doesn't automatically make him that. Stereotyping is wrong. You shouldn't judge him by his hometown. Hunter is one of the nicest people that you will ever meet. He will bend over backwards to help you in almost any situation. So maybe you should actually talk to him before jumping to that judgment.

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Are you kidding me? Hunter is not a redneck. Just because he is from Rhea County doesn't automatically make him that. Stereotyping is wrong. You shouldn't judge him by his hometown. Hunter is one of the nicest people that you will ever meet. He will bend over backwards to help you in almost any situation. So maybe you should actually talk to him before jumping to that judgment.

i never said he wasnt nice.. and i have talked to hunter and played golf with him many times... hes a nice kid great golfer but slightly on the redneck side and could use a bit of an appearance change

well, hunter certainly played well at old fort. he held his own, lost in a playoff, but certainly did nothing to hurt his overall record in the tn state tournament. however, there is certainly no evidence, based in fact, that hunter is the best high school golfer in tn. in fact, his ranking on the junior golf scoreboard (facts, not opinions) place him 4th (behind joe david and two others). rankings aside, hunter has a great record and i am sure has a chance to be a decent player in college golf (but he will have to keep his shirt tucked in).

Funny how when people use "enough said" to end a post, it is usually certain that enough has not been said. Many sports require the particpants to "keep their shirts tucked in". It's a matter of respect for the game and respect for the rules. Contrarians rarely succeed in the long run. And if you want to play in college, the shirt will absolutely stay "tucked in".

Well obviously it is not against high school rules for you to tuck your shirt in. He plays how he feels comfortable and as long as it is within the rules set by the great TSSAA then so be it. You guys should be ashamed of yourselves for trying to knock someone for something so petty as not tucking in their shirt. I teach at RCHS and Hunter is a super young man. Why can't you just congratulate him on a great run. If his college coaches have issues with his appearance then I'm sure it will be their place to fix it, not yours.

Congratulations Hunter Green. Two state championships and a runner-up in your high school career. You have earned an elite status in Tennessee high school golf!

No disrespect intended towards Hunter and in fact, he is being congratulated. The "shirt being tucked in" discussion, as well as the best HS golfer in TN discussion" are more directed at other posters and are a little "tongue-in-cheek". Hunter's accomplishments speak for themselves. Just can't let people post random, unsubstantiated thoughts without a reponse.

Funny how when people use "enough said" to end a post, it is usually certain that enough has not been said. Many sports require the particpants to "keep their shirts tucked in". It's a matter of respect for the game and respect for the rules. Contrarians rarely succeed in the long run. And if you want to play in college, the shirt will absolutely stay "tucked in".

Enough has been said. He's a great kid and a champ. Get over little dumb crap of tucking your shirt in.

Well I think most forget is this is high school golf, not college, not the nationwide tour, nor the PGA. As far as etiquette goes. Hunter has respect for the game, and is very knowledgeable about the game of golf. It is just he style to play with his shirt untucked, now he can and will change once he get to college but for now he is going to play how he wants to play.

And I think it was you that posted the Junior Golf Scoreboard. they only base those rankings off one junior tour AJGA, some USGA junior events and very few independent events nationally. They don't count on the facts of high school championships and career, other smaller tournament wins and finishes and non junior tournaments like the Tennessee State Open, and the Tennessee Amatuer becuase they are not junior events. Hunter has played in more non junior events than junior events in the last few years. Because anyone can step down a level and play and win, but it takes a true player to step up and play on a level above what they are expected.

Now as for yesterday he gave it his best shot but as he told me after the round. this round took alot out of me but I still gave it my best shot. He may not have won it but still he had a chance to win 3 and the fact that he has won 2 speaks for itself.

Well I think most forget is this is high school golf, not college, not the nationwide tour, nor the PGA. As far as etiquette goes. Hunter has respect for the game, and is very knowledgeable about the game of golf. It is just he style to play with his shirt untucked, now he can and will change once he get to college but for now he is going to play how he wants to play.

And I think it was you that posted the Junior Golf Scoreboard. they only base those rankings off one junior tour AJGA, some USGA junior events and very few independent events nationally. They don't count on the facts of high school championships and career, other smaller tournament wins and finishes and non junior tournaments like the Tennessee State Open, and the Tennessee Amatuer becuase they are not junior events. Hunter has played in more non junior events than junior events in the last few years. Because anyone can step down a level and play and win, but it takes a true player to step up and play on a level above what they are expected.

Now as for yesterday he gave it his best shot but as he told me after the round. this round took alot out of me but I still gave it my best shot. He may not have won it but still he had a chance to win 3 and the fact that he has won 2 speaks for itself.

The Junior golf Scoreboard includes many junior events (not non-junior events thus the name). They include prestigous events like the Future Masters, The Donald Ross Invitational, and other long-running junior tournaments. They also include the Tennesee Junior Am as well as the AJGA, SJGT, and other local tours. High School Golf is not included because they only rank 36 hole or more events. They should include the State Champtionship however since it is 36 holes.

The Junior golf Scoreboard includes many junior events (not non-junior events thus the name). They include prestigous events like the Future Masters, The Donald Ross Invitational, and other long-running junior tournaments. They also include the Tennesee Junior Am as well as the AJGA, SJGT, and other local tours. High School Golf is not included because they only rank 36 hole or more events. They should include the State Champtionship however since it is 36 holes.

Hmmm so on a non junior scoreboard Hunter would be ranked higher. Since he plays in more non junior events then junior events. But college coaches look at what a player has done in high school too. Not just the junior scoreboard.