Time for Mid Season All Region Picks

2priceless

The DNJ recently had a new section where they graded the Rutherford County teams thus far and picked what they thought were the best so far. They picked QB, REC, O lin, D Line, Hardest Hitters.

Some agreed and some disagreed with their choices.......

How about making your picks so far at this stage of the game for the above and for All Region??

After all....it is Fall Break in Rutherford County and we need something to do. /rolleyes.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":rolleyes:" border="0" alt="rolleyes.gif" />

• Replies 17
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Ok, I will start the ball rolling.

I am going to go by the teams we have played thus far in our games and not in overall skill!!!

Best Kicker- the guy from Wilson Central.

Best Back- TILLERY from Lavergne

Best Quarterback- Crocker from Lavergne....almost 1000 yds and only a soph! /blush.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":blush:" border="0" alt="blush.gif" /> McChurch, close second.

Best O Line- Lavergne ( By now it is probably Riverdale though, but have to go by what I have seen.)

Best Rec- Patton -Lavergne ( sorry Gray, but we had you pretty covered up against us.)

Best D Line- Oakland.....they have done very well against some huge O Lines.

Hardest Hitter- McGowan from Oakland.....leads the Mid state in Tackles and lowers the BOOM.

Best overall Coach.- Coach A from Riverdale. Keeps getting it done.

All region candidates: Kicker from WC,Majors, McChurch-

Riverdale- Lilenthal, Pope, Smith, VanHOOSE, Boykin

Lavergne- Crocker, Gray, Patton, their Kicker, TILLERY ( he is the stuff!)

Oakland- Amey, McGowan, Bass, Barrett, Elrod

Off Player of the Yr- Tillery- Lavergne

Def Player of the Yr- McGowan-OHS

Special Teams- Kicker from WC

Coach of the Yr-I am going with Coach A for still keeping RHS at the top, but Aric from WC or Hester from Lavergne probably deserves it more.

Coach - Will Hester - LHS

RB - Randall Tillery - LHS (worth a mention also: Majors at Wilson Cntrl/Hastings at Lebanon)

QB - Daily Sallis - the "other" LHS (Lebanon) - after all, they still haven't lost in the region

Linemen - most of Riverdale's/Mike Bryant (Lavergne)/Adam Somebody (the big guy at Blackman)/M Hughes (siegel)/the 2 biggest OL guys at Lebanon #68, #70

WR - Chris Gray/Rod Wilks

DB's - Bather, Gardner and Patton (lavergne), Harper (Siegel)

LB's - The guy at Wilson Central with the outrageous number of tackles, all those tall rangey LB's from Lebanon, too many other good ones in the region to name them all

other honorable mentions: Maurecio Wallace (Blackman) / Sonny Gray (Smyrna) / Matthew Schaller (Oakland) / M. Crocker (Lavergne) / Connor McChurch (Wilson) / the qb and running backs from Riverdale

sorry if I left out any of your favorites - what can I say? We live in an area with a shocking number of great young talented football players.

Agree with most of your picks. Mine will change some after we play Smyrna, Lebanon, Siegel, and Blackman.

BTW.....McGowan, #44, leads the midstate in tackles and believe he had 14 against Lavergne.

i saw that on tennessean.com, no riverdale players were listed so i dont guess our defensive stats have been turned in...wonder if we have any up near the top, maybe not since we have a ball control offense that usually has the T.O.P. advantage. less oppurtunities for the defense. Verge/Gander/Grimes probably have the bulk of our tackles. Boykin would be up there also but hes only played 2 games this year (Oakland & Dickson County)

i saw that on tennessean.com, no riverdale players were listed so i dont guess our defensive stats have been turned in...wonder if we have any up near the top, maybe not since we have a ball control offense that usually has the T.O.P. advantage. less oppurtunities for the defense. Verge/Gander/Grimes probably have the bulk of our tackles. Boykin would be up there also but hes only played 2 games this year (Oakland & Dickson County)

OHS never consistently turned them in either, but LUTER is in charge now....so we are going to get our due.

With our D on the field so much, we have more tackles than most. Believe McGowan had 13 against Riverdale.

crocker over gray is a joke

yea give me a game you have to win and your choice

crocker or gray

crocker has ran up some numbers against a couple cream puffs hillwood and mcgavock. Crocker has 95 more yards than sonny and one more td. Now let me ask you how many yards do you think sonny would have thrown for against these 2 teams?

I can assure you it would be more than 95 yards!

Sonny also has 11 tds 9 to rod 1 to hendricks and 1 to torres so he is one behind crocker

so while crocker is playing hillwood sonny is getting pounded by brentwood academy.

gray is a 3 year starter that has produced in some huge games when the pressure is on.

gray is closing in stats wise despite missing 2 and half qtrs of one game and playing at about 60% against blackman

however I will be sure and let him know that some folks from oakland think he is the 3rd best qb in the region based on stats and see if he can prop those up some.

Crocker and mcchurch over sonny gray -- I promise I will save that one and see how that works out over the next few weeks.

a lot of these qb's put up big numbers early in the year but lets see how the next 4 games work out when the competition and the pressure goes way up -- my money is on sonny gray.

Thanks 2p it is a slow off week and really noithing to post on but in my opinion sonny gray is the best qb in the state.

geez, cat don't have a stroke.

Note first sentence of my post.....of the teams we have played so far.

Note, we haven't played Smyrna, Lebanon, Siegel, or Blackman.

That is why there is no mention of anyone on my list from any of these schools.

Next, I am the only OHS fan who listed anything. So don't make this PLURAL.

Finally, say what you want to Sonny or anyone from Smyrna for motivation.

All they have to do is to read what I posted to see what I REALLy said.

Sonny knows what kind of respect that I have for him. I have said it over and over on this forum.

Get some valium.....