Ripley at Dyersburg

Bonestrojan

I have heard a lot of good things about Ripley this year. Unfortunately I haven't had an opportunity to watch them play so far this season. Do they have a team that can hang with the Trojans? What are your thoughts and predictions?

I expect a tough region 7 3a battle with Dyersburg coming out victoriously due to pure speed and a stingy defense that has shown up so far this season.

34-14 Dyersburg.

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think Ripley has a good squad this year, but I would predict Dyersburg in a close one

dannng i been hearin alot about this ripley team are they really that good..soo good that ppl predict dburg and them to be in a close game........... seriously are they and average ripley team above average are they down this year wat up with em????

I do think Ripley is improved this year...I do not think they are nearly as good as Dyersburg...I just am calling it close due to the natural rivalry and I think Dyersburg may look past them...I do beleive the Trojans win it...maybe I'm wrong about it being close...just what I am expecting...

I think Ripley has a good squad this year, but I would predict Dyersburg in a close one

With Ripley getting beat by a small mrgin 13-7 to Bolivar Central who i think is up n coming lately and possibly Region 6-3aaa No.1, Dyersburg will have their hands full with Ripley. Altho the Trojans appear to have all their horses in the stable finally well and firing on all cylinders ,except for the passing game which is very much needed for the running game to succeed. Sometimes its the qb missing passes or 1 of the main of the recievers simply doesnt want it enough and be as physical as he needs to be for the Trojans to be the full component they need to take this Trojan team as far as they are capable = TO THE BORO. The next 2 weeks are important for the Trojans to play as a team with school being out(needless as ive stated before) during these 2 weeks. They have become their own worse enemy the past few years during this stretch not being Focused causing them to have to come from behind to win. The "D" has been a Pleasant surprize and the "O" is getting into pre-season form but these 2 weeks are killers to the Trojans being out of school which truy is a Deterrent teamwise from not being in contact with schoolmates,daily school tasks for School Spirit to keep them fired up for the Friday Nite Lights to glisten in the sky.Trojans keep focused,fire one another up,Keep/Play/Think within yourselves as the Road gets Tougher from here on out. "ONE GAME AT A TIME YOUNG MEN" I BELIEVE IN YOU ALL! GO TROJANS!!

history tells us two things:

1. dburg does not play well during the two week fall break

2. ripley always brings the "wood" when they play dburg

dburg had better be ready to play........

jc sawyers is the place to be on friday nights.......... word is starting to get out about the atmosphere and the trojans entrance to the stadium and field......

as the trojans exit the locker room, hells bells starts to blare signaling the crowd that the "trojan walk" from the locker room to the stadium has begun; then those big ole boss hoss v8 motorcycles fire up and the crowd stands and starts to cheer as the trojans approach the stadium team gate; then the sirens blare as the motorcyles lead the trojans into the stadium and to the end zone............then the fat pa dude says "lets get your motor running dyersburg cause its time for trojannnn footballlllllllll"........"born to be wild" cuts loose on the pa, then those bad boy boss hoss motorcycles, with blue flames trickling from the mufflers, race to midfield and stop.....revving those v8 engines so loud; then 90 plus trojan warriors race onto the field......

then as the team reaches the side line and kneel for the team prayer......."thunderstruck" starts blaring over the pa.......and continues till kick off....

heck.....got chill bumps just thinks about it.....

It is a great entrance to the field.

You can hear those boss hoss motocycles for miles out of the stadium./smile.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":)" border="0" alt="smile.gif" />

The only thing that puts a damper on the entrance is the fat pa dude./biggrin.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":D" border="0" alt="biggrin.gif" />

i resemble that remark

we also have a great press box crew......starting with jeff and ms e on the message board......who also takes care of the food run......then john m, the defensive spotter for the fat pa dude......then lance on the scoreboard, wallace the stat man, and the radio voice of the trojans charles d and his crew....

great bunch of people to work in a press box with....

Havent seen Dburg but take it from experience Ripley is good Apollo Meux is probably one of the best players in the area and that spread option offense is hard to contain with him at the helm. How prepared the Trojans are to defend it will be vital to them winning on defense the Tigers are pretty stingy but i think the 3 headed monster at Dyersburg will have some success Hopefully i will be in attendance to scout the Trojans before they come Bolivar way picking Dburg in a high scoring affair 42-28

I don't care what the records are....YOU CAN"T EVER TAKE RIPLEY LIGHTLY...TOO MANY ATHLETES!.....They are like HAYWOOD COUNTY when it comes to reloading...not rebuilding....There problem has been COACHING!...Like I said before if James Counce or Darren Bowling had that bunch from Ripley or Haywood...THEY COULDN"T FIT ALL THE GOLD AND SILVER BALLS IN THE TROPHY CASE!.....But Counce had their Number and Bowling will too....

And the scary thing is... DYERSBURG ISN"T HITTING ON ALL CYLINDERS.....I know Change takes time... And the formation that Caldwell and Taylor are running out of is different than what they have ran out of since Jr high.. Especially Caldwell...But from the LOOKS of last week...Looks like Caldwell is finally healthy...And "finding his way" in this offense....And that is what is scary...WHEN THEY FINALLY trust this offense and get it down...They will BE A MONSTER...Averaging over what 40 a game and AREN"T really got the "bugs" out of the offense yet?.....Man, if this bunch starts "peaking " about the 9 week.... LOOK OUT!....That is what happened to the 2005 team IMO...They peaked TOO EARLY and tapered off as the season was winding down...This bunch hasn't even "crested the hill" yet... It will be SCARY when they do!

history tells us two things:

1. dburg does not play well during the two week fall break

2. ripley always brings the "wood" when they play dburg

dburg had better be ready to play........

jc sawyers is the place to be on friday nights.......... word is starting to get out about the atmosphere and the trojans entrance to the stadium and field......

as the trojans exit the locker room, hells bells starts to blare signaling the crowd that the "trojan walk" from the locker room to the stadium has begun; then those big ole boss hoss v8 motorcycles fire up and the crowd stands and starts to cheer as the trojans approach the stadium team gate; then the sirens blare as the motorcyles lead the trojans into the stadium and to the end zone............then the fat pa dude says "lets get your motor running dyersburg cause its time for trojannnn footballlllllllll"........"born to be wild" cuts loose on the pa, then those bad boy boss hoss motorcycles, with blue flames trickling from the mufflers, race to midfield and stop.....revving those v8 engines so loud; then 90 plus trojan warriors race onto the field......

then as the team reaches the side line and kneel for the team prayer......."thunderstruck" starts blaring over the pa.......and continues till kick off....

heck.....got chill bumps just thinks about it.....

Honestly, When GC came to Dburg for the Jambo earlier this season and Dburg ran out and it seriously gave me chill bumps...If that does not get a team fired up to play I don't know what does...It's the best entrance into a stadium around here BY FAR!