WarriorFan

Maryville Schedule Strength  

128 members have voted

1. 1. Maryville Schedule Strength

• Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

When I see Maryville in unapproved website rated as high as #3 in the Nation then scroll down to all the great teams below, or look at Tennessee's record in general versus other states, I need to make a note to seriously ask Ned what anti-virus he uses to "protect" is proprietary software or maybe just some good, old-fashioned East Tennessee common sense when "tradin' horses."

Most 4A teams who played Maryville's schedule would have an average record at best. Maryville is great so they make it look easy.

To win state Maryville must always beat the number 2 team in 4A and several other top programs along the way. In many years, MHS has seen two teams before state that could easily win state if not getting knocked off by MHS. So, yes, the playoffs are difficult.

I just don't give two ounces worth of rat crap of a care about Brentwood or Riverdale or Ooltewah or most of those teams you listed. I don't follow them. I don't care if they win or lose. I don't care what their fans have to say about my program and I don't comment on theirs. I just literally couldn't care any less. I'd gladly drive over to Knoxville to see us play Oak Ridge or Fulton or Catholic but I'll boldly cast my vote for us to schedule our games around here rather than having to drive to Nashville or Chattanooga or wherever else. I'm content with the one road trip we make pretty much every year down to the Boro.

Most 4A teams who played Maryville's schedule would have an average record at best. Maryville is great so they make it look easy.

To win state Maryville must always beat the number 2 team in 4A and several other top programs along the way. In many years, MHS has seen two teams before state that could easily win state if not getting knocked off by MHS. So, yes, the playoffs are difficult.

I just don't give two ounces worth of rat crap of a care about Brentwood or Riverdale or Ooltewah or most of those teams you listed. I don't follow them. I don't care if they win or lose. I don't care what their fans have to say about my program and I don't comment on theirs. I just literally couldn't care any less. I'd gladly drive over to Knoxville to see us play Oak Ridge or Fulton or Catholic but I'll boldly cast my vote for us to schedule our games around here rather than having to drive to Nashville or Chattanooga or wherever else. I'm content with the one road trip we make pretty much every year down to the Boro.

That is excactly how I feel. I couldn't have said it better.

In 2009 when we move up to 5A, we will play Oak Ridge,Ooltewah,Farragut, & WB in region play. Then we will most likely play teams like Dobyns Bennett, and Riverdale on our way to the 5A state championship. For our non-region games we should schedule Brentwood Academy, MBA, And of course one of the toughest teams year in and year out Alcoa. If this was to happen nobody could say we don't play a tough schedule.

In 2009 when we move up to 5A, we will play Oak Ridge,Ooltewah,Farragut, & WB in region play. Then we will most likely play teams like Dobyns Bennett, and Riverdale on our way to the 5A state championship. For our non-region games we should schedule Brentwood Academy, MBA, And of course one of the toughest teams year in and year out Alcoa. If this was to happen nobody could say we don't play a tough schedule.

Amen.... And to the posters above, why not play the game at Maryville or a neutral site... especially if they are soooo set against traveling?

I agree, lilrebs..........you take on these guys, and win on a consistent basis, and there is not a word about the schedule.