JCS Weekly Report

JaxMan

I usually post a weekly report of the JCS game around 8 am on Saturday morning following a game...I will be leaving to chaperone a youth trip with our church at 10:30 tonight after the game and will not return till Sunday afternoon...just wanted to let everyone know in advance why it would be late...in case we get killed tonight didn't want you to think I was just not doing it...

I usually post a weekly report of the JCS game around 8 am on Saturday morning following a game...I will be leaving to chaperone a youth trip with our church at 10:30 tonight after the game and will not return till Sunday afternoon...just wanted to let everyone know in advance why it would be late...in case we get killed tonight didn't want you to think I was just not doing it...

I wonder who will chaperon Jaxman. /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />

Have a fun trip and look forward to your report. Just don`t say Humboldt came across the country to play this game. LOL.

Congrats to JCS. Nice win.

I hope Epperson from Humboldt gets back in the lineup soon. Heard he was still out tonight.

My thoughts:

Congrats to the eagles for playing hard on every down and coming back from turnovers to win this game. JCS was knocking on the door in the first quarter and with the campbell pick we were down 7-0 in a flash.

Lots of classy sportsmanship on the field from the Humboldt players and the JCS players. It's my observation that sportsmanship is a priority with every Region 8 2A team we'vep played so far. That's great.

Hudson continues to lead even when the offense is struggling. He never takes a play off, and he makes good things happen. Gotta give this game to the JCS defense, though. They have been dominant the past couple of weeks, and will surely have their hands full next week vs Milan.

The crowds and media and support are all bigger in 2A. The atmosphere at the games this season has been tremendous, whether we've been at home or on the road. Football is a great game, and West Tennessee does a great job in supporting her teams.

On October 5, it's not supposed to be in the high 70's at kickoff. The officials stopped for water breaks and the guys still got very very hot. Let's hope for a cool down next week.

SURREAL BOWL PART 2

I thought the Trinity game was weird. We took "weirdness" to a new level last night. Surely, our offense will have a breakout game sometime during the course of the season. One complete game would be awesome. I never thought it would be possible for us to be 5-1 without our offense clicking on all cylinders in any game. We've had moments and I would say our offense has played two good quarters in a game but not three or four yet... But, no one knows this like the young men on the offensive side of the ball. What I like about this bunch is that they beat Humboldt 27-13 and the offensive players were thanking the defense and very unsatisfied with their performance. Some game they are going to put it all together because they have the heart to do it. In fact to look at our receivers after the game you would have thought that we lost the game. They will just get more and more focused.

What can you say about our defense. Just like last year they started the season rusty then almost without notice became a dominant group. Our offensive coaches are great but maybe it is time to credit Coach Stew, Coach Keller, and Coach Cooper for their ability to coach defense... To take an undersized, outmanned, slower group of 11 men and make them into a machine. To be on the field for the entire fourth quarter against a line averaging 280 pounds and not be worn down, fight to the very end and then form a stonewall inside the 10 in the last moments of the game. AWESOME JOB COACHES!!! YOU ARE INCREDIBLE!!!

Now, one thing I have to get off my chest. I'm probably through sitting in the stands. I can't take the "Idiots", I know it isn't Christ-like to say that but forgive me... Okay, I'll change the word "morons" in the stands two rows behind me bad mouthing our coaches and our players. Pooling their ignorance by making play suggestions that were comical---except they appeared serious... NEWS-FLASH!!! We are 5-1 and most people thought we would be 2-4 or worse at this point! We are playing 2-A ball!!! Not 1-A! Oh, and did I say we are 5-1? We could end up 5-5 but I can't take people making comments like: "Send our defense into play for the offense!" Especially when the offense has over 300 yards! Obviously these "morons" don't have any kids on the field! They are 15, 16, 17 year old boys... Boys... They may look like men but they are boys!!! They aren't pros!!! No one is more upset about a dropped ball than the boy that dropped it... No one is more upset about an interception than the boy that threw it... No one is more upset about a fumble than the boy that dropped it! "Classless, moronic idiots!" Shut your mouths! If you can't spur the team on and encourage them then shut-up! You don't reflect what JCS is all about! 99.9% of our fans are awesome!!! The blue sea was incredible but this small 'rabble' has got to go! There is nothing worse than a bunch of 40-year old 'wanta-be' coaches and players screaming out their ignorance at a bunch of 16-year old boys and the best team of high school coaches ever assembled! Our coaches are more concerned about building men than football players. Every practice those young men go through is like a spiritual revival. These young men are being molded into warriors for God. The coaches keep football secondary. It's time for the men in the bleachers to do the same... Oh, and our coaches are pretty dog-gone good at coaching football too.

I'm sorry for that outburst but it was unbelievable and I think I was Christ-like. He did call the Pharisees "brood of vipers" and "hyprocrites!" I'm just following in His footsteps!

GO EAGLES!!! FOR GOD! FOR TEAM! FOR EXCELLENCE!

THAT'S MY BEST OKLAHOMA STATE COACH IMPERSONATION!

SURREAL BOWL PART 2

I thought the Trinity game was weird. We took "weirdness" to a new level last night. Surely, our offense will have a breakout game sometime during the course of the season. One complete game would be awesome. I never thought it would be possible for us to be 5-1 without our offense clicking on all cylinders in any game. We've had moments and I would say our offense has played two good quarters in a game but not three or four yet... But, no one knows this like the young men on the offensive side of the ball. What I like about this bunch is that they beat Humboldt 27-13 and the offensive players were thanking the defense and very unsatisfied with their performance. Some game they are going to put it all together because they have the heart to do it. In fact to look at our receivers after the game you would have thought that we lost the game. They will just get more and more focused.

What can you say about our defense. Just like last year they started the season rusty then almost without notice became a dominant group. Our offensive coaches are great but maybe it is time to credit Coach Stew, Coach Keller, and Coach Cooper for their ability to coach defense... To take an undersized, outmanned, slower group of 11 men and make them into a machine. To be on the field for the entire fourth quarter against a line averaging 280 pounds and not be worn down, fight to the very end and then form a stonewall inside the 10 in the last moments of the game. AWESOME JOB COACHES!!! YOU ARE INCREDIBLE!!!

Now, one thing I have to get off my chest. I'm probably through sitting in the stands. I can't take the "Idiots", I know it isn't Christ-like to say that but forgive me... Okay, I'll change the word "morons" in the stands two rows behind me bad mouthing our coaches and our players. Pooling their ignorance by making play suggestions that were comical---except they appeared serious... NEWS-FLASH!!! We are 5-1 and most people thought we would be 2-4 or worse at this point! We are playing 2-A ball!!! Not 1-A! Oh, and did I say we are 5-1? We could end up 5-5 but I can't take people making comments like: "Send our defense into play for the offense!" Especially when the offense has over 300 yards! Obviously these "morons" don't have any kids on the field! They are 15, 16, 17 year old boys... Boys... They may look like men but they are boys!!! They aren't pros!!! No one is more upset about a dropped ball than the boy that dropped it... No one is more upset about an interception than the boy that threw it... No one is more upset about a fumble than the boy that dropped it! "Classless, moronic idiots!" Shut your mouths! If you can't spur the team on and encourage them then shut-up! You don't reflect what JCS is all about! 99.9% of our fans are awesome!!! The blue sea was incredible but this small 'rabble' has got to go! There is nothing worse than a bunch of 40-year old 'wanta-be' coaches and players screaming out their ignorance at a bunch of 16-year old boys and the best team of high school coaches ever assembled! Our coaches are more concerned about building men than football players. Every practice those young men go through is like a spiritual revival. These young men are being molded into warriors for God. The coaches keep football secondary. It's time for the men in the bleachers to do the same... Oh, and our coaches are pretty dog-gone good at coaching football too.

I'm sorry for that outburst but it was unbelievable and I think I was Christ-like. He did call the Pharisees "brood of vipers" and "hyprocrites!" I'm just following in His footsteps!

GO EAGLES!!! FOR GOD! FOR TEAM! FOR EXCELLENCE!