Why is Hickman rank so low

ddaddy

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Niether Hickman nor Lewis CO. has played anybody. Huntington, Milan, Camden ect... at least have tough region games. GP and CPA have had killer non- region schedules. Goodpasture has 3, count 'em 3 5A opponants not to mention Lipscomb on thier schedule. And CPA's 3 losses have come against D2 teams with a combined 1 loss. CPA is flying under the radar right now because of the 3 losses, but I expect the game against Goodpasture to be knock down drag out. When you play sombody besides a average 3A team or a top 5 1A team, report back. Hickman never got anywhere in 4A, and they won't in 2A.

WE don't recruit our players either and pick and choose we work with what we have to and are very proud of the players on our team (unrecruited ) players at that!!!!

Goodpasture is overated by one spot. Alcoa is king right until someone beats them. Maybe I should have said Westview, Milan, Camden. Lipscomb will name the score against Marshall County. Same as always. What about CPA? Ensworth, ECS, Father Ryan. There are only 4-5 2A teams that could stay on the field with those teams.

Marshall Co. would beat westview,milan, camden, and Huntingdon as bad as they wanted to. West Tn 2A is down this year.MC traditionally has great athletes (see hightower) and i'm assuming the same is true this year. I came to this conclusion after testing my hypothesis by surveying the scores of like and said teams played since game one. According to information gathered I forsee MC going deep. These were not based off assumption, I used a strict scientific model unlike yourself.

Marshall Co. would beat westview,milan, camden, and Huntingdon as bad as they wanted to. West Tn 2A is down this year.MC traditionally has great athletes (see hightower) and i'm assuming the same is true this year. I came to this conclusion after testing my hypothesis by surveying the scores of like and said teams played since game one. According to information gathered I forsee MC going deep. These were not based off assumption, I used a strict scientific model unlike yourself.

Gotta disagree with you on this one.

I think Westview, Milan and Camden are the real deal.

Haney, the point of the entire thread is "why isn't Hickman getting respect", the reason is because they don't play tough competition. If and when they do play sombody in the playoffs and they win then they will get some respect. Westview played and beat a 4A team in Henry County. That is why they are ranked where they are. Goodpasture is all ready playing up. They have had class A enrolment figures even before the multipier. My guess is they would probably fair better in 3A than having to face Alcoa every year.

Harpeth hurt themselves with that stetch around 02-03-04 where the seniors were a bunch of losers and they put the dead goat in Coach Brown's yard. Then, after those players were removed from the team, the school board told Coach Winkler that he HAD to let them back on. What a bunch of crap. That made Harpeth look worse than and losing streak ever could have.

3 of the 4 classes in Harpeth today have no idea what you're talking about. Next year, none of them will. The goat deal took it's toll, but it's effects aren't lingering around the football program today and has no effect on today's players. It was 4 kids. Not the seniors from 02-04. Putting a team in the situation that Harpeth was in into the ABC region was a double whammy. They have to have some semblance of success to get the athletes back on the field. That doesn't have anything to do with the dead goat, but I admit that started the ball rolling the wrong way. Getting drubbed every week by the likes of Goodpasture, DCA, CPA and Ezell Harding made it easier to stick with the other sport and not give football a try. You'll recall that Harpeth went to state twice in baseball and went to region in basketball during those years. Some of those guys would have helped the football team tremendously. This year, there are 7 basketball players on the football team. There are at least 4 baseball players playing football. Most 1A and 2A schools don't have enough athletes to field competitive teams in those 3 sports without sharing the resources.

At any rate, I don't figure on Harpeth's opponents being the ones to let a dead goat lie, but pretty soon you'll run out of anyone who knows about it...........or cares.

My bad at one time I thought you did. After reviewing the board policy manual I see you don't at least outside the county. Do the freshmnen have to go to the high school they are zoned to go to?

My understanding is the students at HCHS had a one time option to stay or go to East if they were zoned for East. It's a semi open zone until those zoned for East and going to HCHS graduate. A 3 year process basically. That's not unusual and I don't blame the school board for going that route.

How can you classify teams according to talent? Do you have scouts that work for the TSSAA that go to practice and determine what class you should be in based on talent?

Oh, you mean a performance based division of classes? What a grand idea! Divide the 5 classes in football depending on how they performed on the football field the previous 4 years. That would make too much sense. Let's just stick with dividing the classifications by the number of total students in each school and see how that works out. Do you think everybody that votes in the AP poll watches every college football game and then votes accordingly? Do you think they even watch the highlights on ESPN? Do you think that newspaper reporters are any better at evaluating football talent than the average Joe? I think the answers to all of those questions are no, yet somehow they manage to publish a top 25 football poll every week.

The current formula is random. A performance based criteria would at least attempt to find a level playing field regardless of private/public, rural/urban, open zone/closed zone. It seems to be the perfect model doesn't it?

Haney, the point of the entire thread is "why isn't Hickman getting respect", the reason is because they don't play tough competition. If and when they do play sombody in the playoffs and they win then they will get some respect. Westview played and beat a 4A team in Henry County. That is why they are ranked where they are. Goodpasture is all ready playing up. They have had class A enrolment figures even before the multipier. My guess is they would probably fair better in 3A than having to face Alcoa every year.

My guess, by looking at their schedule and scores, goodpasture would probably fair pretty good

in the OVC /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />