Why is Hickman rank so low

ddaddy

It's also why a non scholarship, Division III program isn't playing SEC schools. There is a differance between Slippery Rock and Stanford and there are huge differances between small, rural 2-A schools and big Privates and Open Zoned schools. There isn;t even a debate on the talent level.

And yes KS, your idea has much merit. If Camden or Harpeth or Hickman County or Smith County puts a whiiping on Lewis County or vice versa, then at least the two teams knew that they were playing with hometown, homegrown talent.

Lewis County and Hohenwald is a great place to live and my position requires that I tout our community daily but, if you have a monster athlete that can choose to spend 4 years here or 4 years where he might be the next Patrick Turner or Golden Tate and play at USC or Notre Dame, well where do you think he's gonna play?

There are certainly exceptions but my point has been from the opening of the debate, get the teams that can play week in and week out with the best 5-A teams the heck out of Class 2-A. I don't care if they are private or Open zoned. If they are like Trousdale County then God bless them for their program.

Last time i check, Milan, Camden, Westview are full of cornfields.(rural 2-a) programs. Much the same as Lewis County. I don't think that it justifies a Slippery Rock, Stanford comparison. Also these schools have private school options also, ever heard of USJ, JCS, TCA?

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Last time i check, Milan, Camden, Westview are full of cornfields.(rural 2-a) programs. Much the same as Lewis County. I don't think that it justifies a Slippery Rock, Stanford comparison. Also these schools have private school options also, ever heard of USJ, JCS, TCA?

Of course I have never heard of USJ, JCS or TCA. That would assume intelligence on my part.

you mean we are raising corn now? and what school is slippery rock, shucks iz somebody messing with me!!

Well, some of the rural 2A's are able to protect their homegrown talent just by being a little more 'rural' than others! /laugh.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":lol:" border="0" alt="laugh.gif" /> Harpeth lost a running back to BA and a big lineman to Father Ryan and numerous guys have gone to NCS. Length of commute and transportation issues can limit that in some areas more than others. A merit system takes all of that into account. It's the great equalizer. If you can go out and stockpile talent then you get to play the other teams in the state that have talent stockpiled.

/huh.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":huh:" border="0" alt="huh.gif" /> They are #55 on the coacht 'strength of schedule' ranking, #8 in the coacht 'strength + success' ranking and #19 on earlnall.com.

They are 32nd on Ken Massey strength of schedule ranking. /blink.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":blink:" border="0" alt="blink.gif" /> According to the coach t strength rating they are tied with goodpasture for strength of schedule and alcoa is only slightly better. They are in some pretty good company.

They are 32nd on Ken Massey strength of schedule ranking. /blink.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":blink:" border="0" alt="blink.gif" /> According to the coach t strength rating they are tied with goodpasture for strength of schedule and alcoa is only slightly better. They are in some pretty good company.

OMG!! surely your not implying that HC is GP and alcoa material... that is a whole nother thread in itself lol..lol hahaha

Turbo: They are 32nd on Ken Massey strength of schedule ranking. According to the coach t strength rating they are tied with goodpasture for strength of schedule and alcoa is only slightly better. They are in some pretty good company.

OMG!! surely your not implying that HC is GP and alcoa material... that is a whole nother thread in itself lol..lol hahaha

And they say that I say crazy things.

It's also why a non scholarship, Division III program isn't playing SEC schools. There is a differance between Slippery Rock and Stanford and there are huge differances between small, rural 2-A schools and big Privates and Open Zoned schools. There isn;t even a debate on the talent level.

And yes KS, your idea has much merit. If Camden or Harpeth or Hickman County or Smith County puts a whiiping on Lewis County or vice versa, then at least the two teams knew that they were playing with hometown, homegrown talent.

Lewis County and Hohenwald is a great place to live and my position requires that I tout our community daily but, if you have a monster athlete that can choose to spend 4 years here or 4 years where he might be the next Patrick Turner or Golden Tate and play at USC or Notre Dame, well where do you think he's gonna play?

There are certainly exceptions but my point has been from the opening of the debate, get the teams that can play week in and week out with the best 5-A teams the heck out of Class 2-A. I don't care if they are private or Open zoned. If they are like Trousdale County then God bless them for their program.

As much as I would like to see the GP's and Alcoas out of 2A football and thrown in with higher classifications, I don't think its feasible to classify teams on talent level. You could end up doing reclassifications every year. With a smaller school, you might lose a player or two to injury then once again you're back down to the 2A level.

But, I really don't have any ideas myself for a more even classification.