Jet Football

JetFan21

• Replies 160
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The only way you are going to get an experienced winning coach is to PAY them. I am not sure how your supplement are but I am sure they are not the highest in your region. You rank 119th in the state in teacher salaries for bachelor's and masters.

How do your facilities compare to area schools. How good is your weightroom, fieldhouse, equipment, etc?

You guys would be smart to support the coaches you have and maybe find them some help. You do not want the reputation of a school that is not exactly loaded with talent that also changes coaches every year or two.

The only way you are going to get an experienced winning coach is to PAY them. I am not sure how your supplement are but I am sure they are not the highest in your region. You rank 119th in the state in teacher salaries for bachelor's and masters.

How do your facilities compare to area schools. How good is your weightroom, fieldhouse, equipment, etc?

You guys would be smart to support the coaches you have and maybe find them some help. You do not want the reputation of a school that is not exactly loaded with talent that also changes coaches every year or two.

Insurance premiums are low though.

The Jets do have some good young players and that is the bright spot about the situation. The sad thing is there is more good players in that school that won't play for various reasons. Whoever is the coach next year needs to get some of these other athletes to play somehow. Another thing is to try to keep current players from quiting. I hope they all stick around but we will have to see.

I also agree about the pay situation. The Cumberland County school system is a joke! Not to mention the Cumberland County government is a joke! If the government would allow businesses to pay better then maybe people, other than retirees would move there. This would intern possibly bring in more students and better athletes.

The people in charge get paid well enough though. Mrs. VanWinkle(Director of Schools) is paying herself enough to pay three beginning teachers. The rich get richer and the poor get poorer.