Region 1 1A

Lord Vader

Region 1 1A looks a little shuck up now that Grace put up an excellent showing against Hampton tonight and with Cosby beating the Stoner Creekers. How does everyone think it will play out. here's what I think...

1. Hampton

2. Grace Christian- look to me like they are easily the 2nd best team. have 2 huge wideouts with excellent speed and hands.

3. Cloudland- should beat the Stoner Creekers but I don't think they have the speed or the size to handle Grace's excellent wideouts and passing game.

4. Jellico- handled cosby and have enought talent at the skill positions to beat the stoner creekers.

5. cosby- beat stoner creek but that will be their only conference win.

6. stoner creek- beat grace but got beat by cosby. dont see them beating cloudland or jellico. they are just too slow. so the tiebreaker goes to cosby for 5th.

I agree with your standings

I was impressed with the WRs of grace also, good athletes

Cloudland could be #2, havnt seen them, going by hear-say

unaka at 6 is ok, they just cant score enough points to contend, due in part to erratic play at the QB position

Haha "erratic" is being way too kind.

Region 1 1A looks a little shuck up now that Grace put up an excellent showing against Hampton tonight and with Cosby beating the Stoner Creekers. How does everyone think it will play out. here's what I think...

1. Hampton

2. Grace Christian- look to me like they are easily the 2nd best team. have 2 huge wideouts with excellent speed and hands.

3. Cloudland- should beat the Stoner Creekers but I don't think they have the speed or the size to handle Grace's excellent wideouts and passing game.

4. Jellico- handled cosby and have enought talent at the skill positions to beat the stoner creekers.

5. cosby- beat stoner creek but that will be their only conference win.

6. stoner creek- beat grace but got beat by cosby. dont see them beating cloudland or jellico. they are just too slow. so the tiebreaker goes to cosby for 5th.

I think it is still way too early to make any predictions. For me at least. At times we look really good and others, well we look like the young team with a new offense that we are. I have to admit that the Cosby/Unaker game came as a surprise to me. I do agree that we don't match up well with Grace's size/speed(#2/#4) at reciever. Can they stop us from runnin the ball though? I know we aren't Hampton but their middle looked a little suspect tonight.personally I've had a blast watching our younguns grow up this year. If we can run on them and put together a few(at least 3/4) sustained drives and keep their O off the field we may make a ballgame out of it. Next 2 weeks for us are critical. Jellico then Unaker, two wins will at least cement a #3 seed, not to mention a load of confidence for a young bunch of Landers. Then we will see if they are "EASILY" the 2nd best in reg.1 Man I'm havin a blast this year! In a side note, If Grace gets a few more transfers we will all be playing catch-up in a couple more years.

I'm gonna try and take a stab at this...

1.) Hampton- I can't find any reason why they SHOULDN'T win the region.

2.) Cloudland- I think they'll get through everyone save for Hampton and get a home game against either Harriman or Oneida.

Now here's where things get kind of screwy...

3.) Unaka- Will probably be in a three way tie with Grace and Cosby for this spot but might get third based on overall record. (If I'm wrong, someone please clarify for me.)

4.) Grace Christian Academy- With second best overall record in the three way tie, they go to the post-season for the second season in a row but it appears a trip to "The Emerald Forest" is in their future.

5.) Cosby- Will be the odd team out due to too many losses in all likelihood.

6.) Jellico- MUCH improved over last season, but not quite enough to break back into post-season play.

(NOTE: I thought Hancock County was in this region?)

I'm gonna try and take a stab at this...

1.) Hampton- I can't find any reason why they SHOULDN'T win the region.

2.) Cloudland- I think they'll get through everyone save for Hampton and get a home game against either Harriman or Oneida.

Now here's where things get kind of screwy...

3.) Unaka- Will probably be in a three way tie with Grace and Cosby for this spot but might get third based on overall record. (If I'm wrong, someone please clarify for me.)

4.) Grace Christian Academy- With second best overall record in the three way tie, they go to the post-season for the second season in a row but it appears a trip to "The Emerald Forest" is in their future.

5.) Cosby- Will be the odd team out due to too many losses in all likelihood.

6.) Jellico- MUCH improved over last season, but not quite enough to break back into post-season play.

(NOTE: I thought Hancock County was in this region?

Jellico at #6??? After they beat Cosby and Cosby beat Unaka and Grace got beat by Unaka?????

Dang...5-1 and still no respect /blink.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":blink:" border="0" alt="blink.gif" />

I think it is still way too early to make any predictions. For me at least. At times we look really good and others, well we look like the young team with a new offense that we are. I have to admit that the Cosby/Unaker game came as a surprise to me. I do agree that we don't match up well with Grace's size/speed(#2/#4) at reciever. Can they stop us from runnin the ball though? I know we aren't Hampton but their middle looked a little suspect tonight.personally I've had a blast watching our younguns grow up this year. If we can run on them and put together a few(at least 3/4) sustained drives and keep their O off the field we may make a ballgame out of it. Next 2 weeks for us are critical. Jellico then Unaker, two wins will at least cement a #3 seed, not to mention a load of confidence for a young bunch of Landers. Then we will see if they are "EASILY" the 2nd best in reg.1 Man I'm havin a blast this year! In a side note, If Grace gets a few more transfers we will all be playing catch-up in a couple more years.

Very well said. /popcorneater.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":popcorneater:" border="0" alt="popcorneater.gif" />

Jellico at #6??? After they beat Cosby and Cosby beat Unaka and Grace got beat by Unaka?????

Dang...5-1 and still no respect /blink.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":blink:" border="0" alt="blink.gif" />

And Grace was tied 14-14 with Hampton and Unaka beat Grace and Unaka got killed by HAmpton.... I can't believe you are going by head-to-head match ups... You must be a freshman or something. and that 5-1 record has come against teams like King's Academy, Sunbright, Oakdale, and Pickett County.

And to RCSportsStinger, Hancock County is technecly in Region 1, but they aren't actually competing in Region play till 2009.

This givemewillingness dude has said some pretty outlandish stuff on here. This Friday, they will be facing probably the second best team they've face this year. We'll see if he still thinks the same. /motorbike.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":motorbike:" border="0" alt="motorbike.gif" />