Dyersburg Trojans vs Bolivar Central Tigers

smc4life

I don't think other than the Brownsville game...This bunch has been CHALLENGED yet....They came out like GANG BUSTERS in the first half against RIPLEY.and yet ...MAILED IT IN THE SECOND HALF...And what we FAIL TO REALIZE is...these are 15, 16, 17, MAYBE a few 18 year old kids we are talking about....HARD TO KEEP THAT INTENSITY.....But I for one have FAITH in Coach Bowling and his staff..... NOBODY is going to OUTWORK Darren Bowling...And if these kids DO GREAT...Then he praises them...IF THEY SCREW UP...Then they dang sure know it....

From what I HAVE been told...This game has been in the BACK of their minds for awhile...Notice what Bolivar did to MCNAIRY Central?....And I watched McNairy Central rip through Dyer County like a hot knife through peanut butter...

So, that being said...You guys aren't hitting on all cylinders, you HAVEN"T played a complete game yet...and there are 4 games left to go in the season....TAKE THEM ONE AT A TIME....THERE ISN"T A GIMME on the schedule......Keep your FEET on the ground...and DON"T get the BIG HEAD.....You have a DANGEROUS Bolivar team waiting on you...Then an ALWAYS dangerous Crockett County....I know ALL THE WHOLE TOWN CAN TALK ABOUT IS THE UPCOMING Dyer County matchup in two weeks.....DO NOT GET DISTRACTED!.....You are ONLY AS GOOD AS YOUR LAST GAME!....Lots of improvement to be made... GO BLACK AND GOLD!

ALL TROJANS IF YOU READ THIS POST TAKE IT TO HEART! You Have not played 4 quarters of ball to date altho you have Played with Heart and Desire that Only you how to do! I Know you Can / Will play much better. Dont Ever Let Up/ Under Estimate the Oppontent as it can come back to Bite you by Getting yoursevles Behind and cant get out from not Focusing Is a Killer to Any team including You! Big-headed Should Not be in any of your minds. We all are waiting for All cylinders to hit Full speed /hungry.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":hungry:" border="0" alt="hungry.gif" /> One game at a time is a Season in itself ! FOUR(4) Quarters of play from now on out = 9 Games! We are So PROUD OF YOU! GO TROJANS !

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Tell you what...coming in the loss of GRADY ANDREWS ....along with Fletcher Livingston and Quin Elam ....along with JT Beasley and Cody Tettleton who played BOTH WAYS from the CC game on....The DEFENSE was thought to be a BIG QUESTION MARK.....New coach Wes Kennedy has proved to be a STEAL.....And a VERY PLEASANT SURPRISE....He has got those kids playing LIGHTS out on defense....I am thinking they held Haywood County to about 105 yards total offense...And They scored 14 on Dyersburg.. 7 in overtime....OC put up the second best with 12 I believe....THIS BUNCH DOESN"T GIVE UP POINTS....Or lots of YARDAGE....The Mann kid from Jackson Northside was the BEST back I thought they would face...Granted he DID GET 100...But he earned EVERY YARD of it....And JACKSON NORTHSIDE NEVER got in the endzone.....If you put 28 POINTS on this bunch....You more than likely will be playing for it ALL in December....And that offense...You every heard of the magician's saying 'the hand is quicker than the eye"...Holds true with this bunch... Just when you think you HAVE FOUND THE FOOTBALL....It is 20 or 30 yds down field....This will be a test...There have ALWAYS been some GREAT ATHLETES in Hardeman County....It should be a slugfest...

I believe the Mann kid had about 180 yards against Dyersburg. I know that the offensive yardage was basically the same between North Side and Dyersburg. THe difference was North Side turned the ball over three or four times inside Dyersburgs twenty. Three of which were horrible decisions by North Side QB. North Side has killed themselves all year. Dyersburg is good but not unbeatable. And I can tell you who will beat them if you would like to know.

I believe the Mann kid had about 180 yards against Dyersburg. I know that the offensive yardage was basically the same between North Side and Dyersburg. THe difference was North Side turned the ball over three or four times inside Dyersburgs twenty. Three of which were horrible decisions by North Side QB. North Side has killed themselves all year. Dyersburg is good but not unbeatable. And I can tell you who will beat them if you would like to know.

yeaaa i wanna who u think will beat em..my boys from crockett /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" /> lol

Mann had yards but not scores, and I don't think it was like 180. He had a could game but not a great one, and Bolwing said going into the game that he wasn't concerned about the yardage by Mann, as long as he stayed out of the endzone. I don't think he got there. If you can honestly tell me who is goin to beat Dyersburg, I am hear to listen. Nobody is unbeatable, but this team it good, and can and should beat everyone. I think they will. Bowling said in the pregame show, he wanted to give Mann his yards, just keep him out of the endzone. The second and third quarters were terrible for Mann, wehn the D tightened up a bit, he had a major run on the first or second drive that accounted for most of his yards,. The Trojans have applied this strategy the past few years with Andre Flowers, I remember one game Flowers had 185 at halftime, but only 20 in the second half. The D tightens up when they need it and will in games to come. If they lose it will be week 14 or 15.

sorry hermit, but you caught me on a bad day..........WHAT GAME DID YOU WATCH........dburg "mauled" northside.......like so bad the coach had "no comment" for the jackson sun, after the game......

here are your official stats, as reported by the jackson sun (they are on-line):

mann had 27 rushes for 143 yards, which equals 5.29 ypc....which is about the same as our slow white boy qb..

r taylor had 7 carriers for 83 yards = 11.85 ypc and 4 touchdowns.....

if r taylor had carried the ball 27 times, he would had over 300 hundred yards offense.....

and tyler caldwell did not even play....if had 27 carries, he would had about 400 yards......

northside fumbled 2 times, lost 1

dyersburg fumbled 3 times, lost 1

dyersburg scored 7 points in the 1, 14 in the second, 14 in the 3rd, and the coach called off the dogs at the start of the fourth....

if dburg had been healthy, the score would have been 35-0 at the half....

northside starters only score came in the last minute against the 2nd and 3rd string defense.....

yes, dyersburg CAN BE BEATEN......

every team can be beat......

my biggest worry is for the trojans looking past bolivar, then crockett......we all know what we are waiting for.....

but dburg had better focus one game at a time....and not get the big head....if they do, then bolivar can beat them...

yes, dyersburg CAN BE BEATEN......

every team can be beat......

my biggest worry is for the trojans looking past bolivar, then crockett......we all know what we are waiting for.....

but dburg had better focus one game at a time....and not get the big head....if they do, then bolivar can beat them...

Non-Focus causes Fumbles,Missed Blocking,Tackling AssigNments , Dreaded Interceptions, Long Returns on Punts,Kickoffs which lead to a LOSS, None should not happen to a team that needs to Excel Every Play. Trojans still on 2 week school timeoff (senseless as ive stated before) Need to keep up the intensity against Ripley in 1st half then Melt -down in 2nd half = NEVER AGAIN YOUNG TROJANS. Trojans you will have to Play your Best Every Game the FULL 48 minutes = 4 Quarters or you will not attain GOALS your Playing for =9 more games Full Throddle . Lets Get this D-TRAIN GOING EVERY FRIDAY NIGHT PLAYING WITH NO EXCUSES ALLOWED! GO TROJANS

First, DHS should win the game. My biggest concern is having these kids focus for 4 quarters. Failing to do so tends to develop bad habits that come back to bite you in big games...Hope that's not the case. I always knew defense would be in great hands with Coach K, based on his success at other locations...Come on TEAM, FOCUS & FINISH!!

Dyersburg is a good team. However i think they could be taken down. Keep n mind that it would be a difficult task. To beat them you need a heck of a d line. Dyersburg single blcks every front. In my opinion if you could run a 4 man front and cover the guards and penetrate you could cause problems. The opposingf team needs some good D lineman. Dyersburg has one heck of a scheme.