Dyersburg Trojans vs Bolivar Central Tigers

smc4life

Talk is cheap! We'll see who wants it more when they strap the helments on tomorrow night in Bolivar. High school football is a combination of talent, discipline, coaching, and emotion. Yes, those of us who've watched Dyersburg over the years know this is a talented team, but they or any other team can be beaten. (Has everybody already forgotten about last year's debacle with David Lipsomb? I fully expect the next four weeks to be a war every time Dyersburg takes the field. Don't think the Tigers won't be ready...they'll be sky high just like Crockett Co., DC, and Covington will be in the weeks to come. Bolivar's not 5-1 by accident....they eveidently have an outstanding team, and if you compare scores like how they beat up on McNairy last week and how Dyer County got thrased by McNairy about 3 weeks ago and then won at Haywood last week, if you're a trojan player, fan or coach it better get your attention. Dyersburg is good enough to win the rest of them, but the remaining four teams are good enough to beat them as well...so let's see what happens down on the field, in the trenches where the battles are won and lost. From here on out it's a gut check and a pride check for the Trojans. They better be ready to go to war tomorrow night and every remaining game....there are no more gimme's left on the schedule....one last word..... I loved the effort I saw Tyler Caldwell running with last week against Ripley. He literally refused to be tackled on several occasions when he seemed to be stopped cold...that kind of grit and determination by every Trojan player tomorrow night and each time they step on the field should bring positive results. Go Trojans!

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Dyersburg is a good team. However i think they could be taken down. Keep n mind that it would be a difficult task. To beat them you need a heck of a d line. Dyersburg single blcks every front. In my opinion if you could run a 4 man front and cover the guards and penetrate you could cause problems. The opposingf team needs some good D lineman. Dyersburg has one heck of a scheme.

Seen both teams play Ripley , I think Bolivar's OL and DL are both bigger and better than the Trogans . If they can contain Caldwell like Ripley did in 2nd half they might have a chance . They should be able to run the ball their OL averages 280 lbs . But again I think Dyesburg speed will give them the edge . Good luck to both teams , I wish I could be their but we'll have our hands full also . Will's dad,

How can you bring the point margin in to effect on this game with Dyer Co having prolbmes against Mcnairy, and Bolivar killing Mcnairy, That makes no sense. Dyersburg is not Dyer Co, lets not start making that comparison. The only point Margin we can discuss would be Ripley becuz both teams played Ripley, oddly enough in consecutive weeks. Bolivar beat Ripley in a game that could have gone either way. Dyersburg beat Ripley in a game that was over at halftime. My parents are in a bowling league on Fridays, and called me at the game to tell me that a large number of the Ripley crowd was up there to bowl, probably 45 Minutes into the game. Dyersburg should have implied the mercy rule on Ripley but a poor and flat second half made it a closer game then it should have been, but we still won by 21. I have all the respect in the world for a good Bolivar team, and believe that at this time in the season this is a grat test for the Trojans. Thats it though, Do I believe it will be close, NO, It will be phyiscal early, but those big linemen wil get tired of trying to find the football, and then catching up with Caldwell or Taylor running down the field with it. Bowling will run the FB just long enough to keep everything in check, and it will be a grinding first half, but when needed the big play will be there. I talked to a few guys this week and Dyersburg is ready to make a statement this week, I think it will be a 42-7 blow out. The mercy rule won't come in to effect til maybe the start of the 4th if not a little later but it will come, and I would venture to say that Logan Parker runs for 50 plus and throws for 125 as you really see how good the offense is against a bigger team. The playbook gets dusted off this week and you see pages 5 -10. I have a good feeling about this one. Early in the season its easy to be winning and that be enough cuz its early, but as you get to draw near to the playoffs the real goals start to weigh a little more, Dyersburg knows whats ahead of them and I think are ready for the task. No mistakes , no more turnovers, its time to play football. I think that this week you see Dyersburg in playoff form.

I think people were pretty stunned by the prefomance in the first half last week, but sestback again by the second half, they'll put it together this week. 4 QUARTERS OF GREAT FOOTBALL. I love the schedule this year with the talent that we have cuz if the didn't get it earlier, they will start to get it now, big games against schools that want to knock them of the high horse. ...GAMES that keep you head smaller then you body and help you understand you got to bring it every play. Bolivar will challenge Dyersburg's resolve, and that is good, Their gonna start looking like a playoff team. watch out

First, hats of to Bolivar for playing great 7-3A competition to get ready for the playoffs. 6-3A is stronger this year than it has been in a while, but usually its one good team at the top and it drops sharply after that. Bolivar made sure they played some real tough competition out of region this year, should make for a good run in November.

I want to go with Bolivar, but Dyersburg just has one heck of a ball club this year. It'll be a good game...I'll go with

Bolivar 17

D-Burg 14

Talk is cheap! We'll see who wants it more when they strap the helments on tomorrow night in Bolivar. High school football is a combination of talent, discipline, coaching, and emotion. Yes, those of us who've watched Dyersburg over the years know this is a talented team, but they or any other team can be beaten. (Has everybody already forgotten about last year's debacle with David Lipsomb? I fully expect the next four weeks to be a war every time Dyersburg takes the field. Don't think the Tigers won't be ready...they'll be sky high just like Crockett Co., DC, and Covington will be in the weeks to come. Bolivar's not 5-1 by accident....they eveidently have an outstanding team, and if you compare scores like how they beat up on McNairy last week and how Dyer County got thrased by McNairy about 3 weeks ago and then won at Haywood last week, if you're a trojan player, fan or coach it better get your attention. Dyersburg is good enough to win the rest of them, but the remaining four teams are good enough to beat them as well...so let's see what happens down on the field, in the trenches where the battles are won and lost. From here on out it's a gut check and a pride check for the Trojans. They better be ready to go to war tomorrow night and every remaining game....there are no more gimme's left on the schedule....one last word..... I loved the effort I saw Tyler Caldwell running with last week against Ripley. He literally refused to be tackled on several occasions when he seemed to be stopped cold...that kind of grit and determination by every Trojan player tomorrow night and each time they step on the field should bring positive results. Go Trojans!

MAN ! IT'S REFRESHING TO SEE A REASONABLE POST ON THIS BOARD ! SOME OF THE POSTS ARE SIMPLY ASININE ! I HAVE BEEN REDUNDANT IN SAYING THIS, BUT "ANY GIVEN FRIDAY NIGHT" ! D'BURG, DC,RIPLEY, HAYWOOD , CROCKET ,XYZ OR ABC HAD BETTER BUTTON UP THEIR CHIN STRAPS & COME TO PLAY! CAUSE NOTHING IS A GIVEN ! I AM A CHOCTAW FAN, FORMER CHOCTAW & PULL FOR D C EVERY FRIDAY NIGHT, BUT ....... NOT ONE TEAM IN THIS STATE IS INVINCIBLE ! IF D'BURG, DC OR ANY TEAM IN THE STATE THINKS THAT THEY ARE INVINCIBLE OR HAVE AN "S" ON THEIR CHEST, THEY HAD BETTER WAKE UP & SMELL THE ROSES ! CASE IN POINT FLORIDA STATE LAST NIGHT AND NUMEROUS OTHERS ! UPSETS SEEM TO BE THE GOING THING THIS YEAR ON EVERY LEVEL ! OH YEAH ! STANFORD OVER USC ! IT'S ANY BODY'S BALL GAME IF THEY FOCUS & TAKE CONTROL OF THE SITUATION & DON'T TAKE ANY GIVEN GAME AS A GIMME, CAUSE THERE AIN'T NO "DO OVERS" WHEN IT GETS DOWN TO THIS TIME OF THE FALL !

MAN ! IT'S REFRESHING TO SEE A REASONABLE POST ON THIS BOARD ! SOME OF THE POSTS ARE SIMPLY ASININE ! I HAVE BEEN REDUNDANT IN SAYING THIS, BUT "ANY GIVEN FRIDAY NIGHT" ! D'BURG, DC,RIPLEY, HAYWOOD , CROCKET ,XYZ OR ABC HAD BETTER BUTTON UP THEIR CHIN STRAPS & COME TO PLAY! CAUSE NOTHING IS A GIVEN ! I AM A CHOCTAW FAN, FORMER CHOCTAW & PULL FOR D C EVERY FRIDAY NIGHT, BUT ....... NOT ONE TEAM IN THIS STATE IS INVINCIBLE ! IF D'BURG, DC OR ANY TEAM IN THE STATE THINKS THAT THEY ARE INVINCIBLE OR HAVE AN "S" ON THEIR CHEST, THEY HAD BETTER WAKE UP & SMELL THE ROSES ! CASE IN POINT FLORIDA STATE LAST NIGHT AND NUMEROUS OTHERS ! UPSETS SEEM TO BE THE GOING THING THIS YEAR ON EVERY LEVEL ! OH YEAH ! STANFORD OVER USC ! IT'S ANY BODY'S BALL GAME IF THEY FOCUS & TAKE CONTROL OF THE SITUATION & DON'T TAKE ANY GIVEN GAME AS A GIMME, CAUSE THERE AIN'T NO "DO OVERS" WHEN IT GETS DOWN TO THIS TIME OF THE FALL !

Exactly well stated SMS "FOCUS" EACH PLAYER EVERY PLAY, PLAY THE FULL 48 MINUTE AS IF ITS YOUR LAST. NEVER NEVER EVER GIVE UP OR LET DOWN ! I saw you 73choctawqb play for DC during the A CHAMPIONSHIP RUN 73 season. THE CHAMPIONSHIP GAME WAS "CASE IN POINT" FOR BOTH Dyersburg, Choctaws. GO BLACK AND GOLD TROJANS! GO ORANGE WHITE CHOCTAWS!

I don't know what it will take to get 4 good quarters out of DHS but when we do, IF we do. It will be lethal. I scirpted this game before it started, actually on Thursday. If we got good play out of the FBs we would be able to get a few big plays out of everyone else. and we did. The QB play was even where I expected and he would have had the yardage if a few of the big passes were caught like they should have been. Dyersburg was explosive in the 3rd quarter, shutting down every Bolivar drive, getting some great INTs, and finishing them of like expected. Take out the dumb mistakes like penalities, turnovers, and dropped balls and its not as close as it seemed. I was right but not satisified.

One question that everyone might have an answer for, When will DHS put it all together?

Dumb penalities, INTs, no one can catch, its not critizm, its fustration. What do you think

Still Haven't put a COMPLETE game together....LOOKED great the first drive....Then things started going South....Penalties...Inteceptions....And that 6-5 WR.from Bolivar..HE made A GREAT catch there at the end of the half.....there were a few times when he was open..But the qb mis-fired.... A GOOD QB will make you PAY on those kinds of things...The Second half...THEY WERE READY TO PLAY AND JUMPED ALL OVER BOLIVAR....Bobby Ellis was like a MAN POSSESSED on BOTH SIDES of the ball...Parker ran the ball well...As did Caldwell and the other backs...Saw Caldwell go to the sideline ....Didn't stay out...Looked like maybe his ankle was bothering him a bit...Couldn't really tell....

And another thing...YOU SENIORS Get control of some of this stuff.....SAW TOO MUCH trash talking...And that one penalty over in front of the Bolivar Bench...Come on guys...YOU ARE SENIORS....BE LEADERS...Let your PLAY do your talking...A PENALTY like that in a TIGHT GAME can get you beat....LAY THE LUMBER and let that speak for you....Put it together guys...YOU HAVE A DANGEROUS CROCKETT COUNTY TEAM WHO DISMANTLED RIPLEY TONIGHT....31-0 ....I heard the score coming home and was SHOCKED...They will be waiting on you TROJANS....DON"T LET YOUR MINDS DRIFT TO OCTOBER 26.....TAKE THEM A GAME AT A TIME.....Go Trojans!..

First id like to say congrats to Dburg good game the first half couldnt have gone better for Bolivar at half time i was convinced we were gonna win the game we abandoned the run game too early in the 3rd after we got behind only 1 score and our qb started giving the ball away nothin special from the Trojans he just threw them the ball the 3rd quarter went by murphy's law for us anything that could go wrong did 2nd and 15 we stop caldwell for no gain on a sweep and get called for a penalty after one of our guys got intentionally and blatantly struck in the gonads and went after the guy that done it our guy leaves the game after that it was all down hill we lost focus on the game and the trojans made us pay but mark my words when we see Dyersburg again the outcome will be different

First id like to say congrats to Dburg good game the first half couldnt have gone better for Bolivar at half time i was convinced we were gonna win the game we abandoned the run game too early in the 3rd after we got behind only 1 score and our qb started giving the ball away nothin special from the Trojans he just threw them the ball the 3rd quarter went by murphy's law for us anything that could go wrong did 2nd and 15 we stop caldwell for no gain on a sweep and get called for a penalty after one of our guys got intentionally and blatantly struck in the gonads and went after the guy that done it our guy leaves the game after that it was all down hill we lost focus on the game and the trojans made us pay but mark my words when we see Dyersburg again the outcome will be different

toinemac....you better pray that if you do meet the trojans again, that dburg does not play 4 quarters......casue that 28 point (almost 35) in the 3rd quarter was not becasue of murphy law, but becasue of "KENNEDY LAW"....

dyersburg is the #1 ranked team in all of 3A after seven games, for points scored (about 40 per game)......and they are not even anywhere near what they are capable of scoring.......

be thankfull that they only hung 42 on ya, cause it very well could have been a lot more......

WHEN WILL DYERSBURG DECIDE TO START PLAYING 4 QUARTERS......heck, at this point, i would be happy if it was a solid 3.....

i know....this is kids we are talking about.......and i just don't think they get how powerfull their offense could be.....they hang 42 points on a 5-1 bolivar team and only played a good 1.5 quarter /smile.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":)" border="0" alt="smile.gif" />