Dyersburg Trojans vs Bolivar Central Tigers

smc4life

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I would definitely say this is the game of the week. Lets get the opinions started. Who y'all think will win? Is it gonna be close or a blowout? Share your thoughts!!!!

I will agree with you this game has go to be the Game of the week in West TN. Both teams are playing the Best from neighboring region. It will be a great indicator for both teams for the playoffs as both have shown great improvements over the past 2-3 weeks. At the start of the season I thought Boliver was likely the #3,#4 team in region 6aaa but with their improved play have shown they are playing the best in region 6aaa. I do not know anything about Bolivar this year except for their great win over Ripley,however Im sure both teams had scouts at the others last 2 games and will make the needed adjustments for their team to win this 1st ever football game between the two schools. Outta be a Donny-brook.DHS had better be Ready for 4 quarters of football.DHS 28- BOLIVAR CENTRAL 20 GO TROJANS!

I would definitely say this is the game of the week. Lets get the opinions started. Who y'all think will win? Is it gonna be close or a blowout? Share your thoughts!!!!

I will agree with you this game has go to be the Game of the week in West TN. Both teams are playing the Best from neighboring region. It will be a great indicator for both teams for the playoffs as both have shown great improvements over the past 2-3 weeks. At the start of the season I thought Boliver was likely the #3,#4 team in region 6aaa but with their improved play have shown they are playing the best in region 6aaa. I do not know anything about Bolivar this year except for their great win over Ripley,however Im sure both teams had scouts at the others last 2 games and will make the needed adjustments for their team to win this 1st ever football game between the two schools. Outta be a Donny-brook.DHS had better be Ready for 4 quarters of football.DHS 28- BOLIVAR CENTRAL 20 GO TROJANS!

NO TEAM HAS BEEN ABLE TO SCORE OVER 14 ON THE TROJANS YET, THIS GAME WILL BE NO DIFFERENT. look for the Trojans to win in a war 35-10 over the tigers.

NO TEAM HAS BEEN ABLE TO SCORE OVER 14 ON THE TROJANS YET, THIS GAME WILL BE NO DIFFERENT. look for the Trojans to win in a war 35-10 over the tigers.

This is not the first meeting in football between the two schools. We played Dyersburg my Sophmore year in 1991 and won 28-20. That game was in Dyersburg. We played yall the next year when y'all had those two twin brothers playing running back (Ed & Ned Benard). I think y'all beat us 18-16 and that was in Bolivar. That was in 1992. We haven't played y'all in 15 years.

Started playing them in 1977....And continued through 1983.. I THINK..Have to go back AND check......Errol Hook was coach then AT BOLIVAR....Dyersburg got thumped in 77,78 but won in 79....THOSE TEAMS WERE BIG, STRONG AND TOUGH....Think "Nubbin Ross" is a principle or asst. principle at Bolivar or was...Remember seeing him play center for BC in fall of 82 if I remember correctly...Went to Ole Miss...Want to think that team got beat by Henry County OR Gallatin that year in the playoffs by a score of 14-12....Something like that...

Started playing them in 1977....And continued through 1983.. I THINK..Have to go back AND check......Errol Hook was coach then AT BOLIVAR....Dyersburg got thumped in 77,78 but won in 79....THOSE TEAMS WERE BIG, STRONG AND TOUGH....Think "Nubbin Ross" is a principle or asst. principle at Bolivar or was...Remember seeing him play center for BC in fall of 82 if I remember correctly...Went to Ole Miss...Want to think that team got beat by Henry County OR Gallatin that year in the playoffs by a score of 14-12....Something like that...

You're right cause I had one sister graduated in 1983 and the other in 1984. I know Coach Hook was the coach then. But you know at that time I wouldn't have known anything bout the 77, 78, 79 seasons. I was a baby then...lol

Tell you what...coming in the loss of GRADY ANDREWS ....along with Fletcher Livingston and Quin Elam ....along with JT Beasley and Cody Tettleton who played BOTH WAYS from the CC game on....The DEFENSE was thought to be a BIG QUESTION MARK.....New coach Wes Kennedy has proved to be a STEAL.....And a VERY PLEASANT SURPRISE....He has got those kids playing LIGHTS out on defense....I am thinking they held Haywood County to about 105 yards total offense...And They scored 14 on Dyersburg.. 7 in overtime....OC put up the second best with 12 I believe....THIS BUNCH DOESN"T GIVE UP POINTS....Or lots of YARDAGE....The Mann kid from Jackson Northside was the BEST back I thought they would face...Granted he DID GET 100...But he earned EVERY YARD of it....And JACKSON NORTHSIDE NEVER got in the endzone.....If you put 28 POINTS on this bunch....You more than likely will be playing for it ALL in December....And that offense...You every heard of the magician's saying 'the hand is quicker than the eye"...Holds true with this bunch... Just when you think you HAVE FOUND THE FOOTBALL....It is 20 or 30 yds down field....This will be a test...There have ALWAYS been some GREAT ATHLETES in Hardeman County....It should be a slugfest...

i believe haywood only had about 50 yards rushing.....and most of that in the first half.......i am pretty sure haywood was negative rushing yards in the second half......

but, the game is played on the field......and not here on these boards......

i just hope the trojans don't let the 2 week fall break get them out of "sync".......more importantly, i hope they don't get the big head......

We gonna score over 14 points. We'll win 28-21 (Bolivar)

If anyone beats Dyersburg it will be be a region team that does it, or a team from miglle or east TN. If you haven't seen this offense in real game time speed. There is no way to prepare for it. It doesn't matter how much tape you watch or who you put on your practice field, its impossible. You guys will be blown away by the motion, if you hit the fullback, its goin to make you fell stupid when he doesn't have the ball, and Caldwell is running down the field for 6. The only way its close, is if we turn the ball over, or if we just play flat. If we can match the intensity of the first half last week, it will be a romp. Dyersburg has peeked yet or hit all its cylinders yet and when they do its goin to be the most unbelievable thing ever seen in Dyersburg football history. Lets hope that they start moving in that dirextion this week. I am not a coach and wouldn't second quess the coach, its a hard job, one J wouldn't like, but I am getting tired of watching them look amazingly good for 2 or 3 quarters and then making dumb mistakes for the rest of the game, lets put this together and make that run we are all getting excited about.

I don't think other than the Brownsville game...This bunch has been CHALLENGED yet....They came out like GANG BUSTERS in the first half against RIPLEY.and yet ...MAILED IT IN THE SECOND HALF...And what we FAIL TO REALIZE is...these are 15, 16, 17, MAYBE a few 18 year old kids we are talking about....HARD TO KEEP THAT INTENSITY.....But I for one have FAITH in Coach Bowling and his staff..... NOBODY is going to OUTWORK Darren Bowling...And if these kids DO GREAT...Then he praises them...IF THEY SCREW UP...Then they dang sure know it....

From what I HAVE been told...This game has been in the BACK of their minds for awhile...Notice what Bolivar did to MCNAIRY Central?....And I watched McNairy Central rip through Dyer County like a hot knife through peanut butter...

So, that being said...You guys aren't hitting on all cylinders, you HAVEN"T played a complete game yet...and there are 4 games left to go in the season....TAKE THEM ONE AT A TIME....THERE ISN"T A GIMME on the schedule......Keep your FEET on the ground...and DON"T get the BIG HEAD.....You have a DANGEROUS Bolivar team waiting on you...Then an ALWAYS dangerous Crockett County....I know ALL THE WHOLE TOWN CAN TALK ABOUT IS THE UPCOMING Dyer County matchup in two weeks.....DO NOT GET DISTRACTED!.....You are ONLY AS GOOD AS YOUR LAST GAME!....Lots of improvement to be made... GO BLACK AND GOLD!