Best Pitcher in State

Funman

• Replies 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well, I have to say, even though they didnt make it to the state tourny, Amber Steen has to be rated highly. in 11 games pitched, she only gave up 1 run, which was against Overton in the Regionals. She also recorded 5 no hitters. Over the 11 games played, she struckout 143, which is an average of 13 a game. She should be rated in the top 10 in the state.

Just out of curiousity, who was the ace of the staff--Steen or Brittany Spear? I'm not asking you to say who you think was better (wouldn't want to put you on that spot) but who did the coach use as his ace or did they just alternate games? I know both pitched in the tournament and both had good years.

Spear was the ace for the Warriors. She mainly is a control pitcher and Coach Roche knew what teams she could or couldnt pitch against. Take the Overton game for instance, Overton will kill you on the offense is you put in the wrong pitcher. They cant hit power pitchers though, which Amber is, and she struck out 19. If I did have to make a descion on who to pitch, I would be comfortable with both on the mound.

Spear was the go-to girl for the Warriors. She mainly is a control pitcher and Coach Roche knew what teams she could or couldnt pitch against. Take the Overton game for instance, Overton will kill you on the offense is you put in the wrong pitcher. They cant hit power pitchers though, which Amber is, and she struck out 19. If I did have to make a descion on who to pitch, I would be comfortable with both on the mound.