Rankings Week 8

mjuhb

and with all due respect it is hard to compare powell to seymour with the talent pool of club players they have to choose from not to mention depth of the bench i believe seymour goes about 8 or 9 deep of girls who have played soccer and only 5 who have played club but they are up and coming seymour stepped up and played a good team had an off night but i stepped to the bait layed out by transam which is what he has waited for so there you go transam and thanks for backing him up "G" he needs help arguing on here

I am not "backing him up" just responding to your post. Sorry if it offended you, that was not the intent. I just think both of you are comparing apples to oranges. AAA team vs. A/AA team. Lots of club players vs few club players.. etc.

• Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I am not "backing him up" just responding to your post. Sorry if it offended you, that was not the intent. I just think both of you are comparing apples to oranges. AAA team vs. A/AA team. Lots of club players vs few club players.. etc.

The intent was not to compare or to belittle, the intent was pure and simple this: At the beginning of the season, eastnref had some negative comments about Powell's soccer team......was just trying to get a point across that----Sometimes what we say, would be better left in our minds as a thought, because it may come back to bite us.

Actually there are some good players on Seymours team that my daughter has had the opportunity to play with on an Indoor Soccer Team, and I wish them good luck in their District Tournament!

The intent was not to compare or to belittle, the intent was pure and simple this: At the beginning of the season, eastnref had some negative comments about Powell's soccer team......was just trying to get a point across that----Sometimes what we say, would be better left in our minds as a thought, because it may come back to bite us.

Actually there are some good players on Seymours team that my daughter has had the opportunity to play with on an Indoor Soccer Team, and I wish them good luck in their District Tournament!

negative i think not i think i said seymour beat powell last year and they were a young team but all is well you said what you needed to

no offense taken "G" just given you a hard time

have a good one "G"

And to you, as well. Thankfully, Coniglio and Reaction have been away from their computers lately, and Akula is to busy trying to figure out how to beat Seymour!

Speaking of which, looking at your district, who is going to come out on top regular district? Both you and Alcoa are 6-0-1 and you tied 3-3 when you played.

And to you, as well. Thankfully, Coniglio and Reaction have been away from their computers lately, and Akula is to busy trying to figure out how to beat Seymour!

Speaking of which, looking at your district, who is going to come out on top regular district? Both you and Alcoa are 6-0-1 and you tied 3-3 when you played.

i believe seymour clinched it tonight as long as they beat cosby on friday

i believe seymour clinched it tonight as long as they beat cosby on friday

seymour clinches it by tie breakers. hopefully, we will meet again in the championship match. I don't want to get involved in this other argument, but I will. Seymour is a quality team, so powell must be also. However, powell plays in a much tougher district. I think all of us play in strong regions, so who knows what will happen at the end. I post on here often, but the best lesson I learned in my old age is that worry about your team, prepare your team, and let your actions dictate everything else. I read a post bashing hixson, and I honestly thought they were the best team I have seen outside of CAK. Good luck to all, better luck to the lady T'S.

seymour clinches it by tie breakers. hopefully, we will meet again in the championship match. I don't want to get involved in this other argument, but I will. Seymour is a quality team, so powell must be also. However, powell plays in a much tougher district. I think all of us play in strong regions, so who knows what will happen at the end. I post on here often, but the best lesson I learned in my old age is that worry about your team, prepare your team, and let your actions dictate everything else. I read a post bashing hixson, and I honestly thought they were the best team I have seen outside of CAK. Good luck to all, better luck to the lady T'S.

I read posts that were bashing Hixson as well. And while the post might have been harsh, the point should be well taken (Euro is a great tool to look at a team's schedule strength when you consider their ranking/quality - their are some teams out there who are 10-2, for instance, raking in goals/stats for their key player(s), but all the while they are playing no one of consequence). Given that, I will say this. If Hixson is the best team you have seen outside of CAK, one of three things is going on:

1) You have not seen a lot of teams

2) You caught them when they were playing well over their head

3) THey were having "off nights" on the three occasions I saw them

Yeah, like I need MORE people giving me a hard time besides Coniglio, Reaction, and Akula!

/roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />

Not really. Just actually training. /wink.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=";)" border="0" alt="wink.gif" />

Big G spoke too soon. I've been spying on your post, waiting to strike. And you did not fail me, in brining me up.

/thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

It feels good to be one of BigG's legends.

I actually got a txt from lcsoccer the other day. They were playing Covenant but i overslept and missed his game. /blink.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":blink:" border="0" alt="blink.gif" />