Why does Reg. 3 only have 6 teams?

nrgrizzlies

• Replies 14
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I have nothing against cc specifically but I think it is incredibly unfair to have teams make the playoffs with losing records. I believe cc got in last year (or the yr before) with 3 wins?

I know a lot of kids on these teams like blackman and oakland and I hate they have not been able to get into a play off game in their career but teams winning 3 game in other regions make it.

There should be a minimum requirement or select a wild card from another region. This will not happen to cc in 07 since cc plays a bad cumberland county team (0 and 6) and will get 6 wins in 07. However there is a distinct possibility the last 2 spots in that region will have losing records.

looks like right now (i dont see oakland,siegel or blackman winning 4 in a row) cc will host either ( in no particular order)

riverdale

smyrna

lebanon

lavergne

wc

however it shakes out I will guarantee you region 4 will sweep the 1st round

the bad news is one of those teams will not get in and that does not even take into consideration teams like oakland and blackman 2 teams that have beat playoff teams from that region (lc and cc)

Its unfair for the region4 teams, the system is unfair, going back to districts would be better for both. Region 3 is screwed up anyways, Cumberland Co has to travel 2 hour for all but 1 of the region games and goes a completely different direction than in any of their other sports who play in chattanooga area. Stone wont jump up to 5A the next time they reclassify as they are barely 4a size as is Cumberland.

Districts are the answer!!!!!!

I never knew why they did the regions like they did with so much time on the road for region 3.I never could see t why they didn't put Cookeville, Warren Cty, or Cumberland Cty in that region. It would make more sense to put them in a region with maybe the Wilson County teams and the Rutherford County teams closer to WC like Lavergne,Smyrna, and Siegel . Then put the remainder of the teams in region 4 with LC, CC, FC. Less travel time for region 3 that way.

It is hard for us to grasp that we have beaten the top team in your region and yet we are tied for last in our region right now.

Reg. 4 and 5 each has 8 teams...it seems strange that there is a region in the area where 2/3 of the teams make the state playoffs and the others only 50% can make it.

Is Stone Memorial projected as an eventual reg. 3 - 5a team?

Stone Memorial will have to play 4A first. TSSAA says you can't jump two classifications in two consecutive reclassification periods. It would probably six more years before they could play 5A ball.

I have nothing against cc specifically but I think it is incredibly unfair to have teams make the playoffs with losing records. I believe cc got in last year (or the yr before) with 3 wins?

I know a lot of kids on these teams like blackman and oakland and I hate they have not been able to get into a play off game in their career but teams winning 3 game in other regions make it.

There should be a minimum requirement or select a wild card from another region. This will not happen to cc in 07 since cc plays a bad cumberland county team (0 and 6) and will get 6 wins in 07. However there is a distinct possibility the last 2 spots in that region will have losing records.

looks like right now (i dont see oakland,siegel or blackman winning 4 in a row) cc will host either ( in no particular order)

riverdale

smyrna

lebanon

lavergne

wc

however it shakes out I will guarantee you region 4 will sweep the 1st round

the bad news is one of those teams will not get in and that does not even take into consideration teams like oakland and blackman 2 teams that have beat playoff teams from that region (lc and cc)

Pretty bold statement how you think region 4 will sweep region 3. Just to let you know Cookeville has already beaten Lebanon. And Cookeville is 4-3 in the last three years against region 4 in the playoffs. 2 of the 3 coming to riverdale.

How big are Shelbyville and Tullahoma? They would be interesting addiiitons to 5A.

Mt Juliet sounds like they are moving back up, Stewarts Creek will open in 2010, and they are building a new high school in Antioch that will probably be 5A. There are a ton of possibilities regarding realignment over the next few years.

I liked 2P's idea...maybe a region from CC, LC, Warren County, the four Murfreesboro high schools and Smyrna??? I'm not sure where Stewart's Creek is at but I think somewhere between Smyrna and Lavegne? Or we could split the 7 Rutherford County Scchhols up and have them in two different regions. Maybe even the 7 Rutherford County schools and the new school in Antioch...it's gonna be right off the interstate.

BTW, I think that the Region 3 teams are a bit better than people are giving them credit for. They seem to be improving each week.

Im from east tennessee, region 2-5A and i have always thought it was stupid that region 1 just has 7 teams, they have had several teams the past few years that have just been terrible make the playoffs with losing or even records. However i think the regions out here are pretty fairly divided with region 2 mainly being knoxville and south and region 1 being parts of knoxville and north. Whats the difference between regions and going back to districts? how would that work and be different

Pretty bold statement how you think region 4 will sweep region 3. Just to let you know Cookeville has already beaten Lebanon. And Cookeville is 4-3 in the last three years against region 4 in the playoffs. 2 of the 3 coming to riverdale.

you can book it there is nothing bold about that statement

blackman has already beaten lincoln county

oakland has beaten franklin county and coffee county

these 2 teams will likely not even make the play offs in region 4 (if they win 4 in a row god bless them)

riverdale has beaten lc

wc has beaten cc

you are right cookeville is the only one in the bunch that has shwon any ability to play with region 4 teams but right now it looks like they will travel to region 4's number one seed and I sure dont see them winning there.

last yr region 4 took 3 of 4 play off games

this year it will be a sweep

book it

How big are Shelbyville and Tullahoma? They would be interesting addiiitons to 5A.

Mt Juliet sounds like they are moving back up, Stewarts Creek will open in 2010, and they are building a new high school in Antioch that will probably be 5A. There are a ton of possibilities regarding realignment over the next few years.

I liked 2P's idea...maybe a region from CC, LC, Warren County, the four Murfreesboro high schools and Smyrna??? I'm not sure where Stewart's Creek is at but I think somewhere between Smyrna and Lavegne? Or we could split the 7 Rutherford County Scchhols up and have them in two different regions. Maybe even the 7 Rutherford County schools and the new school in Antioch...it's gonna be right off the interstate.

BTW, I think that the Region 3 teams are a bit better than people are giving them credit for. They seem to be improving each week.

So region 1 has 7 and region 2 has 8. Lets throw more into the mix. Maryville, Walker Valley and Rhea county will move to 5A. All setting in the middle of 2-5A. There may be others I'm not aware of. I look for at least a couple teams to move from 2-5A to 3-5A in 09. Soddy would be the farthest East with Ooltewah next them Bradley Central. Ooltewah could be 4A if they plan for the split with the new Apison school. 09 could see a lot of changes.