SMYRNA VS OAKLAND

82cat

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

great day of practice yesterday

Sonny was throwing great and the wr's caught everything thrown their way. The week off seems to have really helped and we seemed to have fresh legs and arms yesterday.

defense - practice is always turned up when you play a wing t team. the good news is we play 3 out of 4 late in the season so there is plenty of film out there. Everyone knows how the basic wing t works it is those extra plays especially on passes you have to prepare for. playing these teams late and seeing those plays helps prepare for them.

The talk all week has been the playoffs start this friday and I can sense the urgency from smyrna knowing the have to win 2 of 4 just to get in.

the sad part is at least one and maybe 2 very good football teams may be left out.

smyrna expects oakland to throw caution to the wind knowing win or else. They may fake punts try an on side kick run reverse passes or flea flickers so smyrna is expecting all of them at some point.

The only way that Oakland doesn't get blown out is if they don't even get on the bus. Maybe they should have a sleepover that night in their fancy indoor facility instead. It looks like that money was wasted to me, but maybe the soccer team will enjoy it. It hasn't made the football team any better.

Smyrna will score at at will against Oakland's offense just like that 4A school did. Don't worry about their defense 82yroldcat, they will be too tired and out of shape by 2nd Quarter to do a thing.

I predict a shut-out 55-0. Not because Smyrna is so good, it is because Oakland is THAT bad. They couldn't beat a 1A school. If they can't run regular plays without fumbling the ball, how could they run a fleaflicker?

The only way that Oakland doesn't get blown out is if they don't even get on the bus. Maybe they should have a sleepover that night in their fancy indoor facility instead. It looks like that money was wasted to me, but maybe the soccer team will enjoy it. It hasn't made the football team any better.

Smyrna will score at at will against Oakland's offense just like that 4A school did. Don't worry about their defense 82yroldcat, they will be too tired and out of shape by 2nd Quarter to do a thing.

I predict a shut-out 55-0. Not because Smyrna is so good, it is because Oakland is THAT bad. They couldn't beat a 1A school. If they can't run regular plays without fumbling the ball, how could they run a fleaflicker?

Thats a really smart statement that will look great on the locker room wall to prepare Oakland for y'all.

That is one thing you can always count on Siegel for, letting their alligator mouth overload their hummingbird tails.

BTW how is the mushroom crop coming down there in the CELLAR? /laugh.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":lol:" border="0" alt="laugh.gif" />

Didn't I hear somewhere Siegel is trying to build an indoor facility JUST LIKE IT? With the way they play that WOULD be a waste! /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />

Thats a really smart statement that will look great on the locker room wall to prepare Oakland for y'all.

That is one thing you can always count on Siegel for, letting their alligator mouth overload their hummingbird tails.

BTW how is the mushroom crop coming down there in the CELLAR? /laugh.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":lol:" border="0" alt="laugh.gif" />

Didn't I hear somewhere Siegel is trying to build an indoor facility JUST LIKE IT? With the way they play that WOULD be a waste! /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />

You heard right......they are working on that facility as we speak. Maybe they will have some special LIGHTS in it for those crops. Except theirs will be the economy model. Talk about copy cats. No one can take away the fact that we were the FIRST.

smyrna has a good defense i will b surprised if oakland scores ova 10pts

I am shocked. Since you are such a so-called /mad.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":angry:" border="0" alt="mad.gif" /> Oakland supporter, I am surprised you even think we will score. /mad.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":angry:" border="0" alt="mad.gif" /> Guess you need to go watch your Siegel boys pound on Lavergne instead. We won't miss you.

Lot better practices and concentration this year

Last year had a lot of distractions leading up to this game. All the senior captains were demoted for this game and for the 1st time smyrna did not have a single senior captain. Rod and sonny were captains for the game.

Coach shad sent a message last year about no one is bigger than the team and I think the season results show it worked pretty good.

This year has a completely different feel and smyrna comes in having a must win situation in every game from here on out.

I expect smyrna's best game friday night and Sonny will have his best game of the year and once again he will prove he is the best qb in the region