SMYRNA VS OAKLAND

82cat

classic smyrnas balanced offense against oaklands stout defense.

this should be a great game

Smyrna's playoffs start this friday night. It is amazing how hungry a team gets when they are facing elimination over the next 4 games.

I know oakland will play their best game knowing lose and your out. They played riverdale tough but the offenses smyrna and riverdale run are as different as night and day.

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

classic smyrnas balanced offense against oaklands stout defense.

this should be a great game

Smyrna's playoffs start this friday night. It is amazing how hungry a team gets when they are facing elimination over the next 4 games.

I know oakland will play their best game knowing lose and your out. They played riverdale tough but the offenses smyrna and riverdale run are as different as night and day.

Cat you are not being imaginative enough. The differences are like comparing a volkswagen, to a Lambergheni.

Big props to Marsaulus Johnson. He was looking good yesterday in the big Vols win. Way to make region 4 football look great!

As for the game, Oakland has shown bursts of greatness. We have done it on O and we have done it on O. It is time to put 4 quarters together in one game. We have faced some excellent teams this season and we have not backed down to a challenge yet. We have faced so many teams that were undefeated when we played them, so playing the defending state champs is nothing new to us. We played them tough last yr, down to the wire in fact.

I am sick of seeing the DNJ focusing on our negatives. They sure don't do that to anyone else in Rutherford County, and we are NOT the only school to blow a game with mistakes. I wish they would just skip giving us any coverage at all rather than point out all our faults. It is ridiculous and I have stopped my subscription because of it. I mean good grief, do you think folk want to read negative all the time about us and then see raves for other schools that are 0-3 in the region too?

Time to see the NEW BLUE back in action. I hope everyone makes the treck to Smyrna on Friday and supports the Patriots like you did against Riverdale and CC. Be LOUD and be Proud. I know I am.

Just saw something interesting on the home page:

http://tennessee.coacht.com/rankings/sos.cfm?sportid=1

Note who is is #1 with what has been considered the toughest schedule thus far in 5A.

In case you are too lazy to check the link, it is OAKLAND! This is true, as every team we have played so far has a winning record but one. Two are undefeated, one is the top team in region 3, the other two have only lost once. The only team w/o a winning record is Franklin County who played CC ( top team in region 3) very tough last week.

I know this means virtually nothing to any of you, but it does to us.

Just saw something interesting on the home page:

http://tennessee.coacht.com/rankings/sos.cfm?sportid=1

Note who is is #1 with what has been considered the toughest schedule thus far in 5A.

In case you are too lazy to check the link, it is OAKLAND! This is true, as every team we have played so far has a winning record but one. Two are undefeated, one is the top team in region 3, the other two have only lost once. The only team w/o a winning record is Franklin County who played CC ( top team in region 3) very tough last week.

I know this means virtually nothing to any of you, but it does to us.

For once I would have to agree with you, Oakland has played a tough schedule.

For once I would have to agree with you, Oakland has played a tough schedule.

Main reason is they play in Region 4! /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

This is NOT a region where anyone has a weak schedule except for the non region games they choose. One thing I have to say and that is NO team in Region 4 should be considered a 'gimme' game.

As to who will win this one I have NO idea as both have valid reasons NOT to lose.

Cat you are not being imaginative enough. The differences are like comparing a volkswagen, to a Lambergheni.

well the lambergheni needs a fresh coat of paint or atleast to be polished or something, its 4-2. i would actually compare riverdale to a chevrolet silverado...powerful, huge, reliable, made in the USA and LIKE A ROCK /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />