Halls vs. Powell

littlemn88

Well I'm happy with a 7-3 or 6-4 year. I believe most would agree. I hoping for a third seed so we can miss having to play Red Bank at their place this year. I think it will be their best year to beat Maryville. So who we have beaten or lost to isn't a factor in my eyes its how we prepare for the remaining games. The coaches note the other teams weakenesses and adjust likewise. Gibbs,Clinton & West had porous lines so we ran the football and racked up impressive numbers.

Halls isn't a mystery this year we just run over people and play smashmouth football. Kitts is one of the best athletes to come out of our program in a while running the ball. If he breaks the line of scrimmage he is tough to bring down and has good speed in the open field. I have only seen two teams that have stopped us so far in Central & Bearden and they aren't bad are they.

This is a good matchup. I see a close game if Powell stops Kitts they win. If Kitts gets his 200 yards then I think we win.

Kitts should get his yards against this undersized Panther defensive front. Anderson County struggled to run the ball early against Powell, but by the end of the 3rd quarter, their ability to pass the ball really opened up the running game. South Doyle had the same struggles running the ball against Powell, but they were totally unable to complete a pass. If Halls is unable to have success running the ball early, they can duplicate the same success AC had if they can hit a few deep balls.

Powell finally seems to be taking care of the football and minimizing penalties, which were both huge problems for them early this season. Kier Houston has really come into his own, now that he is beginning to run the ball more out of the spread "read" formation. This really will be a competitive game, especially if both teams minimize mistakes.

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This is the biggest game all year for all the Halls and Powell players...and like always it will go down to the wire. Halls needs to keep expanding their offense and stay out of the base wing T formation for the most part of this one. Powell has a good linebacking crew and will be reading the pulling guards all night. However, if Halls can excute their blocks and lets Kitts run free it will be a long night for Powell. We need to use Dayton and Johnson to keep Powell defenders out of the box as much as possible freeing up the running game. Halls Defense needs to bring the intensity and if I know coach Julian well enough he will get the players ready. Coach Ward needs to stay unpredictable in this one and if these things happen I see nothing stopping halls from winning.

Is R Kelly back for this game? If so some Powell players better get ready to get hit in the mouth

LETS GO RED DEVILS

Kitts should get his yards against this undersized Panther defensive front. Anderson County struggled to run the ball early against Powell, but by the end of the 3rd quarter, their ability to pass the ball really opened up the running game. South Doyle had the same struggles running the ball against Powell, but they were totally unable to complete a pass. If Halls is unable to have success running the ball early, they can duplicate the same success AC had if they can hit a few deep balls.

Maybe last year with Cooper we would extend the field some. But not this year we just pound the rock. That rock being Kitts. He could be a 2,000 yard back if we run deep in the playoffs.

Maybe last year with Cooper we would extend the field some. But not this year we just pound the rock. That rock being Kitts. He could be a 2,000 yard back if we run deep in the playoffs.

I'd say kitts has a chance to get it if we go one game into the playoffs. As for this game, whoever controls the clock wins in my opinion.

Is Halls still charging to park in their parking lot for the games? Are there any other schools that do this?

Central like Halls ask for a donation to park on school grounds.

As far as the game goes. Powell is better than I thought from a W and L stand point. That being said they have no quality wins.

Halls on the other hand has at least 1 quality win over West.

Overall I think Halls is a little better.

Halls 19 Powell 15

Central like Halls ask for a donation to park on school grounds.

As far as the game goes. Powell is better than I thought from a W and L stand point. That being said they have no quality wins.

Halls on the other hand has at least 1 quality win over West.

Overall I think Halls is a little better.

Halls 19 Powell 15

That is a horrible prediction... you obviously havent seen these teams play.

That is a horrible prediction... you obviously havent seen these teams play.

What makes it horrible. Because it doesn't agree with yours. So what do you think about the game?

Powell hasn't beaten a decent team. Halls has at least one win against a play-off caliber team in West. Maybe 2 with the victory over Seiver Co.

Although I haven't seen Powell I have talked to several who have and based on that and the lack of a quality win Halls will win by 4.

Don't really know what you mean by that comment. Footballovaa /blink.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":blink:" border="0" alt="blink.gif" />

Will Halls run the clock this year like last year and fail by one point? I just don't think so. I think Halls line should be capable of getting some running room for Kitts & Waggoner. Halls had a good start last week and held on. I think line play will deceide this game ultimately. Pressure from Halls front four has been overlooked this year and I think it will be on display this week.

Halls 28 Powell 17

What makes it horrible. Because it doesn't agree with yours. So what do you think about the game?Powell hasn't beaten a decent team. Halls has at least one win against a play-off caliber team in West. Maybe 2 with the victory over Seiver Co. Although I haven't seen Powell I have talked to several who have and based on that and the lack of a quality win Halls will win by 4.

I wasnt saying anything about powell winning. I just see Powell scoring alot of points with there offense... If halls wins they will have to score alot also.... i just think that it will be a higher scoring game 20s maybe low 30s.i havent picked a winner yet. Ive got to hear what kind of practice week halls has first.

Don't really know what you mean by that comment. Footballovaa /blink.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":blink:" border="0" alt="blink.gif" /> Will Halls run the clock this year like last year and fail by one point? I just don't think so. I think Halls line should be capable of getting some running room for Kitts & Waggoner. Halls had a good start last week and held on. I think line play will deceide this game ultimately. Pressure from Halls front four has been overlooked this year and I think it will be on display this week. Halls 28 Powell 17

i meant his scores didnt make sense based on the two teams.... /roflolk.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflolk:" border="0" alt="roflolk.gif" /> /rolleyes.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":rolleyes:" border="0" alt="rolleyes.gif" /> baseballmad /bored.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":bored:" border="0" alt="bored.gif" />

Ok I see what you mean.

It is a tough one to call Powell puts points on the board. Will Houston have the time to throw like he has had? I see Halls with a similar line to AC that could keep the score lower. Halls have recorded a lot of sacks this year.

This rivalry has for the past few years been very close and you can't discount that.

Key for Halls is to cut down on fumbling the ball and they should be ok.

OK I think that Powell will win but it will be very close until the second half of the game but i just dont see anyone slowin down the powell offense right now i mean maryville did but then again maryville can beat small colleges lol but what i am tryin to say is that The powell offense is very talented behind the arm of Keir Houston and Recievers like Tyler Drummer and Devon collins... I say powell wins uh....

Powell 35

Halls 24

OK I think that Powell will win but it will be very close until the second half of the game but i just dont see anyone slowin down the powell offense right now i mean maryville did but then again maryville can beat small colleges lol but what i am tryin to say is that The powell offense is very talented behind the arm of Keir Houston and Recievers like Tyler Drummer and Devon collins... I say powell wins uh....

Powell 35

Halls 24

powells receivers are garbage PERIOD.