new coach in Livingston

eagleleader1

• Replies 13
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

WHAT HAPPENED TO THE LOOPER GUY. HE DID A GREAT JOB AND THE KIDS LOVED HIM. THE FIELD NEVER LOOKED BETTER. I HOPE THE DIRECTOR OF SCHOOLS DOSEN'T SCREW THIS UP. GOOD HONEST YOUNG MEN ARE HARD TO FIND, AND COACH LOOPER WAS ONE OF THE BEST. GOOD LUCK TO HIM IF THIS IS TRUE. WHY WAS HE NOT RE-HIRED?

My brother was not rehired because a tenured teacher was placed in his position. This happened Wednesday the 22nd. David didn't have tenure, so he had to move for the other teacher. Coach Swallows was told Tuesday the 28th that he would be the coach at LA. David is currently looking for a place to go.

I hate it for Coach Looper but it only seems right that the man who replaces him is the man that was there for so long. Didn't he start the baseball program there? I think it is a nice thing that he can go back there and finish what he started. Good luck Coach Swallows! Also good luck Coach Looper wherever you might end up.

I THINK IT IS A SHAME THAT A PERSON WHO WAS FIRED FROM HIS LAST TWO JOBS AND LET KIDS CHEAT ON THE ACT TEST BE ALLOWED TO EVEN BE AROUND OUR CHILDREN. NO, HE DID NOT START THE PROGRAM AT LA. ELDON DAVIS DID, AND SWALLOWS STOLE IT THROUGH POLITICS, JUST LIKE HE STOLE THE JOB FROM A SUPER NICE COACH LOOPER. GOOD LUCK COACH LOOPER, YOU CAN DO BETER THAN LIVINGSTON. THEY GET WHAT THEY DESERVE. THE SCHOOL SYSTEM IN OVERTON COUNTY CONTINUES TO GO DOWN HILL.

Guest cyrus5

I think Coach Looper did a great job with the kids.How many coaches have you seen having prayer with the boys after the game?I am glad that my son played for him.He taught him alot about the game.I am just sorry he just couldn't play for him the remainder of his highschool years.Coach you did a great job i consider you a good friend and i wish you all the luck in the world where ever you go.I know you will do good because you know baseball.Thank you for all you have done.

[Edited by cyrus5 on 6/5/02 12:11A]

Guest lalooper

Thanks to everyone in Overton Co. and around the area for the good comments. I appreciate the good experience that I received while in Livingston. You should be proud because you have great kids. Make sure someone posts their scores next year so that I can keep up with them.

By the way, Dekalb Co. has a good coach. Coach Odom is a class guy.