3:30 (#1) Cookeville vs (#8) Oakland

5:00 (#2) Siegel vs (#7) Warren Co

6:30 (#5) Riverdale vs (#4) Lebanon

8:00 (#3) Blackman vs (#6) White Co

10/10/07

5:30 Cookeville/Oakland winner vs Riverdale/Lebanon winner

7:00 Blackman/White Co winner vs Siegel/Warren Co winner

Championship 10/11/07 6:00

Cookeville defeated Oakland 3-0. Siegel game was just starting when we left. Good luck to all the teams.

• Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

In what I thought might have been one of Warren county's best matches of the year, the scrappy Pioneers lost to Siegel this afternoon 3-0. The score was not indicative to the play. In addition, the Nation did show up and was a big part of bringing the Stars to a win. This edition of the nation was not one that anyone had ever seen but got the crowd stired up.

Blackman defeated White Cty last night 3-1. Great start to the district tournament for Blackman , losing the first game,but storming back for three straight wins. Seniors Emily Mitchell , Katy Bell , and Ashley Zeeck provided the offense for Blackman. Not to mention the seventh player on the court , THE CEILING !!! The ceiling seemed to be involved in the play as much as the players. But we play on. Should be exciting tonight when Blackman faces crosstown rivals siegel. The two split the seasons two meetings.

Well,,,,, Cookeville's run has come to an end. Lebanon came ready to play and unfortunately we can't say the same about Cookeville. Lebanon won 3-1. Disappointing end after such a successful season. Lady Cavs we are still so proud, you accomplished so much more than anyone ever thought you would. Watch out next year, we only graduate 1 senior. Best of luck to the remaining 7-AAA teams.

I would like to thank LoveVB for the posts that have been made and the in formation that comes out of Cookeville. It takes interested fans to take the interest in doing these posts. Since this is the end of the season for a couple of the teams tonite, I thought this post might be appropriate.

Brandon Campbell Gym was where the semifinals were held this evening between 4 of the top teams in 7AAA. As Mary posted, at this point, the main feature was the low ceiling which did come in to play numerous times during the matches. There is so much history in that building, only those who appreciate the history can overlook the carooms and change of direction. Lebanon High School does need a new facility and I would bet it happens in the next five years.

Cookeville did play LHS tonite and in the past 4 years, I personnaly had not seen a crowd from Lebanon as intense and fired up as i did tonite. As Cookeville found out, LHS was ready to play and won in three. LHS, I am afraid, took Cookeville out of their game mainly because of a couple of players 7AAA has now watched 3-4 years who this poster called the Twin Towers back when they entered school. The team and coach was as intense and fired up as was the crowd. Two yellow cards were give, one to each team, in the first game. For those who have not seen a 7AAA match, it was 7AAA VB at its best with emotion and electricity.

While Cookeville has a great program and Coach, it is evident that LHS has started building as program and more players were seen participating at a recent JV/Varsity match than had been seen for some time and it was close to the end of the season. The Coach really seems to be doing a great job.

The twin towers dominated the match so much it took Cookeville's GREAT middle, Green, out of her game and made Cookeville change their game plan. Green has been mentioned as likely one of the best players in the mid state. Senior London Elie, patroled the net on defense and on offense threw darts at the other side of the net and it was obviously unnerving. and did as much to contribute to LHS's win as ony player. In talking with Elie after the match she stated she had not comitted to any school but she would like to play VB in College even though she is good in Basketball and is a high jumper in track.

I was not able to interview the senior from Cookeville but maybe someone can post her intentions at this point. if it is one of their middles, she would make someone a good player.

The second match was won by Siegel 3-1 and I am sure Coach Mary has some details which certainly is not available to this poster. The coach at Blackman has really brought this team along and it would appear this program is on solid footing. The last half of the season, they competed with everyone they played and was because the motivation this coach gave to the team. Blackman can be proud of their team and coach.

LHS's opponent in the finals tomorrow night will be Siegel. Cathy Slaughter and ASST Coach Slaughter have again made it to the finals and the Region. It is difficult to realize the program at Siegel being built in 4 years and this year the success achieved after losing two great junior players from last years team. This would have destroyed most teams but only reinforces the strength of the program to be able to reload. Slaughter, known as a great teacher of the game, continues to bring good players along and stay near to the top of the District. A strict disciplinarian and a believer in good chemistry, Coach Slaughter continues to have a good team and good players.

So it is important to win at this point, first to have a home court advantage and second, after the district finals, if one loses, the season is over. For those seniors who have played 4 years, played in a final 4 State tournament and 3 regionals, their career is something they will remember the rest of their life.

So if you happen to be diriing tward Lebanon tomorrow night and would like to see two grat teams play a very good brand of volleyball, Come by Lebanon High school and See the 7AAA finals but expect there will be a lot of noise and while its not Halloween, expect the fans to be dressed in regala that you would be surprised parents and students would wear. Its 7AAA District Finals time with two great Schools playing to try to get to the STATE TOURNAMENT held in the BORO>

PHargis, I appreciate your looooong posts but I feel the urge to make a few corrections tonight. LHS beat Cookeville 3-1 not in 3. The yellow cards were given - 1 in game 1 to Cookeville and the 2nd in game 3 to LHS. LHS is a much improved team no one will disagree with that, the "Twin Towers" did dominate tonight but the one big difference between the "Twin Towers" from LHS and the "Twin Towers" of Cookeville (Green/Agee) is consistenency. If you look at the entire season Green has been one of the most consistant players in 7-AAA. She is not only a strong player offensively but also plays back row and is one of the best passers in the district. When Green is on the back row and Agee on the front with Mayberry setting most teams have had difficulty stopping that combination. I know 5-sport Dad would ask if I want some cheese with my wine but we are talking about a team that graduated 8 seniors (5 starters) last year. Cookeville had a bad night tonight, LHS had a great night. I would like to wish LHS the best of luck tomorrow night against Siegel. I also want it to be known that this Cookeville fan still believes that Green is one of the best players in the mid-state and that the reason for her success has been the TEAM. Coach Brooks, Coach Cherry, Coach Cox, Samantha Mayberry, Ellee Agee, Selena Mullinax, Emily Hannah, Haley Fitzpatrick, Tori Macke, Julie Brooks, Savanah Skimmyhorn, Taylor Enochs, Tiana Johnson and all the JV and freshman players on the team have made this the best season to watch. 7-AAA is one of the strongest districts in Tennessee and i really hope one of the remaining teams will be in the Boro to represent our district.

PHargis, I appreciate your looooong posts but I feel the urge to make a few corrections tonight. LHS beat Cookeville 3-1 not in 3. The yellow cards were given - 1 in game 1 to Cookeville and the 2nd in game 3 to LHS. LHS is a much improved team no one will disagree with that, the "Twin Towers" did dominate tonight but the one big difference between the "Twin Towers" from LHS and the "Twin Towers" of Cookeville (Green/Agee) is consistenency. If you look at the entire season Green has been one of the most consistant players in 7-AAA. She is not only a strong player offensively but also plays back row and is one of the best passers in the district. When Green is on the back row and Agee on the front with Mayberry setting most teams have had difficulty stopping that combination. I know 5-sport Dad would ask if I want some cheese with my wine but we are talking about a team that graduated 8 seniors (5 starters) last year. Cookeville had a bad night tonight, LHS had a great night. I would like to wish LHS the best of luck tomorrow night against Siegel. I also want it to be known that this Cookeville fan still believes that Green is one of the best players in the mid-state and that the reason for her success has been the TEAM. Coach Brooks, Coach Cherry, Coach Cox, Samantha Mayberry, Ellee Agee, Selena Mullinax, Emily Hannah, Haley Fitzpatrick, Tori Macke, Julie Brooks, Savanah Skimmyhorn, Taylor Enochs, Tiana Johnson and all the JV and freshman players on the team have made this the best season to watch. 7-AAA is one of the strongest districts in Tennessee and i really hope one of the remaining teams will be in the Boro to represent our district.

I appreciate the corrections and the recognition of the twin towers from Cookeville and also the recognition of some hard work by the Cookeville Coaches and players to reload after graduating 8 seniors last year which had to be one of the best classes to come out of Cookeville. Without a doubt the recognition of Green as being one of the best players in Middle Tennessee is deserved while she is only a junior. Agee it appeared was one of the most under rated players to play in 7AAA this year and is a very good player. Coach Brooks has done an exceptional job of putting together some great players and coaches to give her some recognition because many times it is the head coach which which gets the arrows when she loses as well as the roses when she wins.

It is appreciated you tolerate the loooong posts but I, like you, am sold on 7AAA and its tradition and professionalism at every school. There are some great Districts in Tennessee and 7AAA certainly ranks, long term, with the best.

As I sit here this morning reflecting on last nights match betwwen Blackman and siegel , I think about our first match against siegel. I remember posting how Seigels blocking was the determining factor in that match. Then I think about the next match that Blackman won. Seigels blocking was nonexistent. Last night , back to great blocking. Defense wins CHAMPIONSHIPS ( who said that??? ). On another note , I cant help but feel sad for the seniors. Not just for Blackman , but for all seniors leaving. As I told my daughter last night , if you can honestly say you gave it everything you had , then your a champion in my heart. Ashley Zeeck is my daughter and she gave it her all and I'm very proud of her. Her senior year was full of ups and downs , as most of us know . She chooses not to continue playing volleyball at the next level. Much to my and my wifes dismay . We feel,as many parents do about their children, that she would make some school a great player.But we move on . There is more to life than sports. So I close out my posts for Blackman Volleyball forever. Will continue to read and enjoy the great insights. GOOD DAY!!

As I sit here this morning reflecting on last nights match betwwen Blackman and siegel , I think about our first match against siegel. I remember posting how Seigels blocking was the determining factor in that match. Then I think about the next match that Blackman won. Seigels blocking was nonexistent. Last night , back to great blocking. Defense wins CHAMPIONSHIPS ( who said that??? ). On another note , I cant help but feel sad for the seniors. Not just for Blackman , but for all seniors leaving. As I told my daughter last night , if you can honestly say you gave it everything you had , then your a champion in my heart. Ashley Zeeck is my daughter and she gave it her all and I'm very proud of her. Her senior year was full of ups and downs , as most of us know . She chooses not to continue playing volleyball at the next level. Much to my and my wifes dismay . We feel,as many parents do about their children, that she would make some school a great player.But we move on . There is more to life than sports. So I close out my posts for Blackman Volleyball forever. Will continue to read and enjoy the great insights. GOOD DAY!!

I really can't tell you how much I have enjoyed your posts and while I did not know it, watch your daughter play. it takes posts like yours to keep the threads going. I believe you will be back because as you might know, it gets in your blood and you are knowledgable. hurry back.

I haven't posted all season, but I feel now is a good time to give recognition where it is due. The Devilette volleyball program has in the past two seasons been the dark horse. Although they were seeded in the top four both last year and this year, they were big underdogs, and they stepped up their game when it mattered last night. I agree with the fact that London and Icelyn have been less consistent than Green and Agee, and a lot of consistency in volleyball, like other team sports, relies on the consistent play of the whole team. The fact that the twin towers, as they have been called, were so dominant last night had much more to do with their teammates consistent solid defense and serve receive than with their individual play. I am in no way taking anything away from Cookeville and their coaching staff, because we have seen all year the passion and hustle they give each time they step on the floor, which is why the consistently dominated each match. They had a down night, and Lebanon came to fulfill a year-long goal, even though not many people gave them an inkling of a chance. Coach Harman and her coaching staff have a great love for the game and are very knowledgable, and Coach Harman is constantly overlooked when people start listing their "top coaches." She does a great job year after year preparing the girls for the post-season.

On a side note, Lebanon also lost five starters to graduation last year as well, and we only lose London this year. That's what makes playing the games so much fun. Win or lose, year in, year out, there are great athletes on each team.

District 7AAA would be well-represented no matter who gets to carry the torch to regions and beyond.

Best of luck tonight, Devilettes. We are very proud of you.

Without a doubt, this thread appreciates your posts and the way you have contributed to 7AAA. Your accessment of the difference in the two teams is pretty perceptive as it was mine also. Siegels strength, this year has been defense and is a direct contributer to wins and losses. I think I can speak for all in 7AAA as to how much your posts were appreciated and dont't leave, just hurry back.

I would like to thank LoveVB for the posts that have been made and the in formation that comes out of Cookeville. It takes interested fans to take the interest in doing these posts. Since this is the end of the season for a couple of the teams tonite, I thought this post might be appropriate.

Brandon Campbell Gym was where the semifinals were held this evening between 4 of the top teams in 7AAA. As Mary posted, at this point, the main feature was the low ceiling which did come in to play numerous times during the matches. There is so much history in that building, only those who appreciate the history can overlook the carooms and change of direction. Lebanon High School does need a new facility and I would bet it happens in the next five years.

Cookeville did play LHS tonite and in the past 4 years, I personnaly had not seen a crowd from Lebanon as intense and fired up as i did tonite. As Cookeville found out, LHS was ready to play and won in three. LHS, I am afraid, took Cookeville out of their game mainly because of a couple of players 7AAA has now watched 3-4 years who this poster called the Twin Towers back when they entered school. The team and coach was as intense and fired up as was the crowd. Two yellow cards were give, one to each team, in the first game. For those who have not seen a 7AAA match, it was 7AAA VB at its best with emotion and electricity.

While Cookeville has a great program and Coach, it is evident that LHS has started building as program and more players were seen participating at a recent JV/Varsity match than had been seen for some time and it was close to the end of the season. The Coach really seems to be doing a great job.

The twin towers dominated the match so much it took Cookeville's GREAT middle, Green, out of her game and made Cookeville change their game plan. Green has been mentioned as likely one of the best players in the mid state. Senior London Elie, patroled the net on defense and on offense threw darts at the other side of the net and it was obviously unnerving. and did as much to contribute to LHS's win as ony player. In talking with Elie after the match she stated she had not comitted to any school but she would like to play VB in College even though she is good in Basketball and is a high jumper in track.

I was not able to interview the senior from Cookeville but maybe someone can post her intentions at this point. if it is one of their middles, she would make someone a good player.

The second match was won by Siegel 3-1 and I am sure Coach Mary has some details which certainly is not available to this poster. The coach at Blackman has really brought this team along and it would appear this program is on solid footing. The last half of the season, they competed with everyone they played and was because the motivation this coach gave to the team. Blackman can be proud of their team and coach.

LHS's opponent in the finals tomorrow night will be Siegel. Cathy Slaughter and ASST Coach Slaughter have again made it to the finals and the Region. It is difficult to realize the program at Siegel being built in 4 years and this year the success achieved after losing two great junior players from last years team. This would have destroyed most teams but only reinforces the strength of the program to be able to reload. Slaughter, known as a great teacher of the game, continues to bring good players along and stay near tothe top of the District. A strict disciplinarian and a believer in good chemistry, Coach Slaughter continues to have a good team and good players.

So it is important to win at this point, first to have a home court advantage and second, after the district finals, if one loses, the season is over. For those seniors who have played 4 years, played in a final 4 State tournament and 3 regionals, their career is something they will remember the rest of their life.

So if you happen to be diriing tward Lebanon tomorrow night and would like to see two grat teams play a very good brand of volleyball, Come by Lebanon High school and See the 7AAA finals but expect there will be a lot of noise and while its not Halloween, expect the fans to be dressed in regala that you would be surprised parents and students would wear. Its 7AAA District Finals time with two great Schools playing to try to get to the STATE TOURNAMENT held in the BORO>

Just curious as to whether you contribute Siegel's "success" to the coaches (apparently 6 on the bench in some games), or to the possibility that they spend more on club than all other teams in the district combined? Is it possible you underachieve if you don't win district every single year?