Why is Maryville still 4A?

sportsguy22

As an outsider, I've noticed over the past several years' enrollment figures that Maryville is always the biggest 4A school in the state. They always just miss Class 5A by a few students. It seems from looking at this that they have a way to tinker with the system in order to continue to play an easy 4A schedule and roll to a state championship each year. Obviously, if they were in the 5A region with Ooltewah, Farragut, Oak Ridge, William Blount, etc., they would not go undefeated each year and have a much harder time of winning the state with a brutal playoff run. I'm not saying they do not have an outstanding program and an outstanding coaching staff, but I think this is very suspicious. Again, I live in middle Tennessee, but I've always stayed in tune with this situation. Something is wrong and not fair as Blount County schools Heritage and William Blount play tough 5A competition all year, while Maryville has a much better program and seems to always just miss having to move up to 5A. Plus, their program is too good for this. They have an easy region and only a couple tough games all year, including the playoffs. They should be playing big games like Oak Ridge, Ooltewah, and Farragut inside region play. It would be the best situation for everybody involved. What are your thoughts?

As an outsider, I've noticed over the past several years' enrollment figures that Maryville is always the biggest 4A school in the state. They always just miss Class 5A by a few students. It seems from looking at this that they have a way to tinker with the system in order to continue to play an easy 4A schedule and roll to a state championship each year. Obviously, if they were in the 5A region with Ooltewah, Farragut, Oak Ridge, William Blount, etc., they would not go undefeated each year and have a much harder time of winning the state with a brutal playoff run. I'm not saying they do not have an outstanding program and an outstanding coaching staff, but I think this is very suspicious. Again, I live in middle Tennessee, but I've always stayed in tune with this situation. Something is wrong and not fair as Blount County schools Heritage and William Blount play tough 5A competition all year, while Maryville has a much better program and seems to always just miss having to move up to 5A. Plus, their program is too good for this. They have an easy region and only a couple tough games all year, including the playoffs. They should be playing big games like Oak Ridge, Ooltewah, and Farragut inside region play. It would be the best situation for everybody involved. What are your thoughts?

My thoughts are that you are either Brandon100 from BA or red&black63 from Central and if your comments are serious and you really believe them then with your intelligence level you probably would not understand my thoughts!!!! evrybody HATES a winner!!!

Announcements