Brentwood academy is the reason for the split

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Mikki Allen is the former Brentwood Academy player I was thinking of, from Murfreesboro. If all the private schools were in Division II they wouldn't have to comply with a multiplier, and only the largest such as Notre Dame or Lipscomb might be in with MBA, McCallie and the rest. I still believe that was a scare tactic used by the TSSAA to convince the small privates to want to remain in Division I, the threat of a 200 student school having to line up with future SEC players at Brentwood Academy. There are enough teams now that travel wouldn't be an issue it was 10 years ago, an example is Temple, Silverdale, David Brainerd, Grace and Chattanooga Christian adding teams since then around here.

travel is an issue for JCS...we would have 2 games close...TCA and USJ...otherwise we would be in Memphis or Nashville every week...and in baseball and basketball season where we play on school nights that would mean kids getting home at 11 or so...also schools who give scholarships in Divison 2 1A would be very different than a JCS who gives none and is too small to start giving them...I have said I am fine with a split so long as non-aid giving schools are put in a seperate division than aid giving schools...we are different...just like small publics are different than us...also all open school zones should be in same league with privates as they can take kids from anywhere which is what we have been blamed for (and rightly so) for years...

Football region could be Jackson Christian, Trinity, USJ and Fayette Academy, 45 miles from Jackson. A Division II small could have Knoxville, Chattanooga, midstate, Nashville (2), Jackson-Somerville and Memphis (2) regions. I don't see small aid schools such as St George's being superior to most any current Division I privates, actually I'd say there are more good currently Division I privates.

Football region could be Jackson Christian, Trinity, USJ and Fayette Academy, 45 miles from Jackson. A Division II small could have Knoxville, Chattanooga, midstate, Nashville (2), Jackson-Somerville and Memphis (2) regions. I don't see small aid schools such as St George's being superior to most any current Division I privates, actually I'd say there are more good currently Division I privates.

but we don't know what the futre holds for a Divison II team in 1A...if a team wants to give aid they could start at anytime...why not just fis it once and for all...and put them in speperate divisions...they are two different animals...if a small privates grows and gets bumped up they would be in a field of aid giving schools who have even more money to go get kids...why the adverseity to just spliting them