Brentwood academy is the reason for the split

Brentwood academy is the most renegade program ever in tennessee. They cheated and got caught. Brentwood academy doesn't just recruit the middle tennessee area they get recruits nationwide. Chris jordan is from the atlanta area.Brentwood academy has got kids from far away as texas. Brentwood academy has been in trouble for recruiting violations for years. Even the supereme court has got involved but somehow someway brentwood still gets away with it.

In my opinion those state titles brentwood academy won are tarnished. they cheated like crazy to win those titles. There should be an asterik beside the years they won the titles.Brentwood academy is the most corrupt football program of all time in the united states. I heard they have a great recruiting class coming in? I am interested in where those defensive linemen come from? Nashville,franklin,murfreesboro,hendersonville.

Everyone talks about how great carlton flatt was. Give me the best recruited talent at all times and i could coach them to many wins. I will never forget going to the title game in 1992 when marion county won. Flatt made a fool of himself by not accepting the runner up trophy.

I have talked to some former coaches from middle tennessee. They quit because they got tired of having a stud football players on their youth team being taken away by brentwood academy. I find it amusing that some of those football players get in at a school that costs $15000 to get in to.I bet the band geeks parents have to pay the full tuition but football players get in free. Brentwood academy is the reason for the public/private split. Most privates have it rough because they did everything right and by the book. They suffer because of what Brentwood academy did over the years.Schools like father ryan and webb do things the right way but suffer because of brentwood academy.

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Brentwood academy is the most renegade program ever in tennessee. They cheated and got caught. Brentwood academy doesn't just recruit the middle tennessee area they get recruits nationwide. Chris jordan is from the atlanta area.Brentwood academy has got kids from far away as texas. Brentwood academy has been in trouble for recruiting violations for years. Even the supereme court has got involved but somehow someway brentwood still gets away with it.

In my opinion those state titles brentwood academy won are tarnished. they cheated like crazy to win those titles. There should be an asterik beside the years they won the titles.Brentwood academy is the most corrupt football program of all time in the united states. I heard they have a great recruiting class coming in? I am interested in where those defensive linemen come from? Nashville,franklin,murfreesboro,hendersonville.

Everyone talks about how great carlton flatt was. Give me the best recruited talent at all times and i could coach them to many wins. I will never forget going to the title game in 1992 when marion county won. Flatt made a fool of himself by not accepting the runner up trophy.

I have talked to some former coaches from middle tennessee. They quit because they got tired of having a stud football players on their youth team being taken away by brentwood academy. I find it amusing that some of those football players get in at a school that costs $15000 to get in to.I bet the band geeks parents have to pay the full tuition but football players get in free. Brentwood academy is the reason for the public/private split. Most privates have it rough because they did everything right and by the book. They suffer because of what Brentwood academy did over the years.Schools like father ryan and webb do things the right way but suffer because of brentwood academy.

If what you are saying is correct about Brentwood Academy being the problem then why did all of the public schools force the financial aid giving schools into D2? According to your phylosophy the TSSAA & Public Schools droped the atomic bomb on all financial aid giving schools in order to kill one school guilty of nothing more than going 75mph on I-65 when the speed limit is 70mph. Why would you punish all of the financial aid giving schools for the sins of Brentwood Academy? Is it safe to say that Brentwood Academy was guilty of leaving some football tickets to a Spring game for a few middle school students? While the rumors forever have been that BA recruited, have they ever been proven guilty of anything other than giving away free football tickets?

I think Brentwood Academy is the lightning rod for much of the criticism of private schools primarily because of Carlton Flatt's success.

However I have always wondered why if everyone "knows" that they have cheated, they have only been penalized by the TSSAA once for what was a penny-ante infraction at best.

I wish I had a dime for every person that has posted on here "My son/daughter was recruited by BA" but no one has ever provided the TSSAA in enough evidence for them to penalize BA.

Bottom line. I suspect that 99.9% of the enmity directed at BA is based on jealousy.

maybe BA is to blame. BUT if you cant beat 'em, join 'em. if you cant join 'em, then sit on your hands and continue to get whipped. they have been beaten, even with "cherry-picked players." pretty sure every team tries to put their best 11 on the field at one time, and if BA's best 11 players are better than the other team's, theyll probly get beat. if they dont, then so be it. please stop whining.

and im assuming you believe the few years they got a silver ball instead of a gold one were down years, right?

Spin it how you want. Everyone knows how bad brentwood academy cheats. They have cherry picked players for years.

Hey, what spin did I give you? I don't even care for BA but I can't stand for someone to claim that someone is cheating and the only evidence they have is that they gave away free football tickets. Why were all of the financial aid giving schools punished when only one of them had a rules violation?

If someone puts out a good product, that everyone wants.....is that cheating, if I had a son that played football and he was good I would want him to go to BA, to have a chance to play in collage..........is that cheating. Get over it, not all are schools are equal, just like not all companies are equals. Just quit crying about it.

Wow "DUDE", I hope you feel better after that diatribe . . .

I know I shouldn't bite -- I'd be better to let this thread die, but I just can't help it. You certainly have "spun this however you wanted" but next time I'd suggest mixing in at least a little fact -- makes for a better story. Just a couple of quick responses to your outpouring of Love for BA:

1) Chris Jordan's family is originally from Nashville and I think he has a cousin at BA. Family relocated back to town. I've spoken to his folks at the games -- great family. Got another hot piece of recruiting info for you -- one of the leads in this years play moved from California a couple of years ago. I smell a rat!

2) BA hasn't been in trouble for recruiting violations for years -- there was one issue which has been well publicized that turned into a 10 yr. legal battle. BA won't send anymore letters to kids who have already enrolled in school -- promise!

3) Nobody at BA goes for free -- approximately 20% of students are on some sort of financial aid based on family finances. Just as many band geeks are on aid as athletes. The school doesn't make the financial aid decision -- an independent agency does. Sorry to burst that bubble . . .

4) You can hate Carlton Flatt (take a number), but to suggest that he's not a good coach is ignorant

I know these facts have been put up on this board to no avail for years (and Im sure there are those more eloquent than I that have made the arguments), but I guess as long as there are guys like DUDEWITHTUDE (Who's name was about the only accurate part of the post) we'll keep throwing the facts back out here.