Biggest Breakout player in District 7-AAA?

TheFridge06

IMO: Alex Carter, Guard (Blackman)

What other players are expected to have major breakout seasons this year on the basketball floor?

Here is the question I have about Alex. For a few years, he has been able to thrive as the third option behind barnes and bragg, so while teams have tried to key in on those 2, Alex has been able to reap the awards. The question that needs to be answered is can he create his own shots and step into that role of a go to guy game in and game out, just not when they face teams that play lax on defense. I think as long as Turnham is there, Blackman will always be very solid and this year should be no different, I expect them to finish in the top half of the district, but if Carter can bring it to another level maybe 2nd in the district isnt a stretch, should be very interesting to see how it unfolds.

I think DeAndre Maupins is prime for a breakout, he has waited his turn to be in the spotlight and he will get alot of looks on the offensive side of the floor, so I look for him to flourish as he pretty much has to if Oakland is going to keep up at the pace they have been at the last few seasons.

Here is the question I have about Alex. For a few years, he has been able to thrive as the third option behind barnes and bragg, so while teams have tried to key in on those 2, Alex has been able to reap the awards. The question that needs to be answered is can he create his own shots and step into that role of a go to guy game in and game out, just not when they face teams that play lax on defense. I think as long as Turnham is there, Blackman will always be very solid and this year should be no different, I expect them to finish in the top half of the district, but if Carter can bring it to another level maybe 2nd in the district isnt a stretch, should be very interesting to see how it unfolds.

I think DeAndre Maupins is prime for a breakout, he has waited his turn to be in the spotlight and he will get alot of looks on the offensive side of the floor, so I look for him to flourish as he pretty much has to if Oakland is going to keep up at the pace they have been at the last few seasons.

I watched Oakland play last year when they scrimmaged White House a few days before the state tourney. Maupins is a very good player , and should have a good year.

Turnham has a system and for the most part has been successful. Alex's role has been to stand outside and wait for the play to develop and if the other shots are not open they go to Alex. You can't argue with success but it stops a player from showing what he can do. It takes a disciplined individual and a team player. Alex has always done more than shoot the 3 but has received very little credit from the posters. He has great court vision, plays good defense and gives it everything he has. Anyone who watches Alex every game knows what he can do and hopefully Turnham will turn him loose. Last year he drew a lot of double teams and face guarding and I expect this year he will see even more.

• 2 weeks later...