AAA 3a district

No... I have never heard of any coaches at central do randon drug tests.. Do they at Polk????

I think all schools should do random drug testing. With the drug problems in these times and the steriod problem you hear about all over the news. When kids know that they can and will be tested at any time. It may keep them from taking that chance. If it keeps 1 kid from doing these things it is worth it.

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I feel sorry for these kids, but you have to think of the other 40+ players on the football team as well as the other 700+ students. Set an example and get these kids help AWAY from the program. A small suspension is not example. This IMO is a perfect opportunity to gain some respect from not only the students, but from the community.Yes, my son has randomly been tested twice

If any player at Central has every been tested it has been keep quite.. I'm been around the program over 30 years and can't remember 1

I think all schools should do random drug testing. With the drug problems in these times and the steriod problem you hear about all over the news. When kids know that they can and will be tested at any time. It may keep them from taking that chance. If it keeps 1 kid from doing these things it is worth it.

The tests that detect steroids cost too much but testing for other illegal substances wouldnt be a bad idea. And honestly, what high school boy actually NEEDS steroids? I mean technically they're naturally on them.

The tests that detect steroids cost too much but testing for other illegal substances wouldnt be a bad idea. And honestly, what high school boy actually NEEDS steroids? I mean technically they're naturally on them.

$3,000.00-$5,000.00 per test for steroids but it should not be hard for the weight training coach to see who has significant gains that are not normal. But I have heard they are coming out with a different test that were cheaper.

They don't need them because they will hurt you. But if you think they are not using them, then your just turning a blind eye.

They don't need them because they will hurt you. But if you think they are not using them, then your just turning a blind eye.

No no no i understand that some players use them. Without tests though it would be hard to tell because its really not that uncommon for a sophmore or junior to make some pretty big gains in the weightroom WITHOUT doping.

No no no i understand that some players use them. Without tests though it would be hard to tell because its really not that uncommon for a sophmore or junior to make some pretty big gains in the weightroom WITHOUT doping.

If they ( the coach's ) know anything about weight training they could tell you who was doing them by the gains. I am not talking about a 10-20lb increase in your bench in 4-6 months but a 40-60lb increase in the same time frame. As well as other characteristics. If that happens believe me somebody's milking the bull!!

If they ( the coach's ) know anything about weight training they could tell you who was doing them by the gains. I am not talking about a 10-20lb increase in your bench in 4-6 months but 35-60lbs in the same time frame. As well as other characteristics. If that happens believe me somebody's milking the bull!!

So you are saying that if a kid improves his bench 35-60 lbs in a 6 month period, he or she is on drugs.

BTW all of Polk County's athletes are randomly drug tested and if suspected can be tested. This is how you police the kids 24-7!

Not all that fair for one school to test and others to not. Tho every schol could doit then all would fall under the same guide lines and discipline procedures.

Then agin all school members should be tested if athletes are tested, the band the cheerleaders the BETA club who ever walks in the front door and is member of the school is under the same scrutnity as athletes are held accountable. They are members of the school or represent it one way or another, either test every kid or test none!!

So you are saying that if a kid improves his bench 35-60 lbs in a 6 month period, he or she is on drugs.

Do you think its possible for someone that has been working out and established their max. to gain an increase by that much? I would say the probability is 90% that they are getting help.