AAA 3a district

both players didn't come to school high. only one did, and he was the one that just got back in school from another incident with a knife. you don't think this kind of stuff goes on at every scool? come on...

Was the incident with the knife at school? If it was i am supprised he was even allowed to come back to school at all. Also was the other reciever the same kid who was suspended at the first of the year or is it a different one.

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

from what i heard today that the reciever is not kicked off the team...he is suspended indefinitely...he can come back if his drug test comes back negative. from all i have heard he will be back soon. if not, then thats too bad. what a waste of raw tallent, and someone will step up and do the job that he had.

i agree. coach derrick has this team in control..it isn't derrick's fault what the two recievers decided to do here! just look at what he has done...last year central was 3-7...now they are on there way to the best season in recent history. he is doing everything right, and dicipline is one of them. derrick is the best up and coming coach in the area.

So you must have some belief or info that says the drug test will be negative. I heard from a student that they were caught with drugs and both were off the team. As a former coach I know you do not have kids under control when things happen at practice such as one kid choking another until he passes out or another player throwing his gear onto the sidelines after he has been ejected from a game. IMO your players actions on and off the field are a direct reflection on you as a coach!! Sure some things will happen but all it takes is to make an example of one or two and problem solved. Making kids run or sitting them for one or two games is a joke for such serious offenses. Just as I have said in another thread discipline will be the deciding factor in the success of MC's football program. Do whatever it takes to win even if it means compromising your beliefs and values for a winning season.

from what i heard today that the reciever is not kicked off the team...he is suspended indefinitely...he can come back if his drug test comes back negative. from all i have heard he will be back soon. if not, then thats too bad. what a waste of raw tallent, and someone will step up and do the job that he had.

i agree. coach derrick has this team in control..it isn't derrick's fault what the two recievers decided to do here! just look at what he has done...last year central was 3-7...now they are on there way to the best season in recent history. he is doing everything right, and dicipline is one of them. derrick is the best up and coming coach in the area.

Does Coach Derrick random drug test like other coaches in this region? /popcorneater.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":popcorneater:" border="0" alt="popcorneater.gif" />

So you must have some belief or info that says the drug test will be negative. As a former coach I know you do not have kids under control when things happen at practice such as one kid choking another until he passes out or another player throwing his gear onto the sidelines after he has been ejected from a game. IMO your players actions on and off the field are a direct reflection on you as a coach!! Sure some things will happen but all it takes is to make an example of one or two and problem solved. Making kids run or sitting them for one or two games is a joke for such serious offenses. Just as I have said in another thread discipline will be the deciding factor in the success of MC's football program. Do whatever it takes to win even if it means compromising your beliefs and values for a winning season.

As a former coach you know you can't watch these kids 24-7. What happens at school and on the field you can control.. We as adults make bad choices, and no one is perfect. Let's just wait until we have all the facts... Remember some of the dumb things we did at 16, and 17..

As a former coach you know you can't watch these kids 24-7. What happens at school and on the field you can control.. We as adults make bad choices, and no one is perfect. Let's just wait until we have all the facts... Remember some of the dumb things we did at 16, and 17..

Sorry but doing or possessing crack was not one of them. Yes you can control your players if they know their high school career is over with if they get caught. By the facts do you mean those that can't be kept hush hush? If they were caught it should be in black and white either guilty or not.

I feel sorry for these kids, but you have to think of the other 40+ players on the football team as well as the other 700+ students. Set an example and get these kids help AWAY from the program. A small suspension is not example. This IMO is a perfect opportunity to gain some respect from not only the students, but from the community.

No... I have never heard of any coaches at central do randon drug tests.. Do they at Polk????

Yes, my son has randomly been tested twice

So you must have some belief or info that says the drug test will be negative. I heard from a student that they were caught with drugs and both were off the team. As a former coach I know you do not have kids under control when things happen at practice such as one kid choking another until he passes out or another player throwing his gear onto the sidelines after he has been ejected from a game. IMO your players actions on and off the field are a direct reflection on you as a coach!! Sure some things will happen but all it takes is to make an example of one or two and problem solved. Making kids run or sitting them for one or two games is a joke for such serious offenses. Just as I have said in another thread discipline will be the deciding factor in the success of MC's football program. Do whatever it takes to win even if it means compromising your beliefs and values for a winning season.

If they were caught with drugs the coach should not even have a choice. Does'nt Mcminn have a zero tolorence policy.

Sorry but doing or possessing crack was not one of them. Yes you can control your players if they know their high school career is over with if they get caught. By the facts do you mean those that can't be kept hush hush? If they were caught it should be in black and white either guilty or not.

I do respect your opinion but really don't want to debate this in and open forum.

As for as hush hush, two people two different chargers.. Right now I'm to close to these two boys to debate it..