MID TN Top 5 preseason in AA.

Sumner County

1.) Sycamore: Mitchell, Dempsey, & Coffey headline the best frontcourt in Class AA.

2.) Harpeth: Kevin Giltner & both Trey and Tyler Curruthers return for the Indians this season.

3.) White House: Gaines is back but the adjustment to the new coach will take time.

4.) Pearl Cohn: Mason, Venoy, Carter, & Cox return from last year's substate squad for Wharton.

5.) CPA: Zach Mason & Hunter Miller lead Coach Drew Maddux's Lions this season.

With Sycamore & Harpeth in District 11, Pearl Cohn & CPA in District 9, AND White House & Station Camp in District 8 there is no mistaking that Class AA Basketball is very good in Middle-TN this year.

I don't think you can say Pearl-Cohn is ahead of CPA at this point with the loss of the Rashad Mason and everyone that CPA is returning.

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

ah once again the Dyer County Choctaws are not mentioned anywhere. Returning all 5 starters who went from three games in two years to a state tournament appearance.. i do believe they also put out White House in a nail biter cause i was there. /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" /> /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

ah once again the Dyer County Choctaws are not mentioned anywhere. Returning all 5 starters who went from three games in two years to a state tournament appearance.. i do believe they also put out White House in a nail biter cause i was there. /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" /> /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

There's a perfectly good reason no one else has mentioned Dyer Co. Everyone else on this board knows the school is in west Tennessee as opposed to Middle Tennessee which is what the topic is about.

There's a perfectly good reason no one else has mentioned Dyer Co. Everyone else on this board knows the school is in west Tennessee as opposed to Middle Tennessee which is what the topic is about.

/roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" /> /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />

I was about to give a geography lesson too coach /rolleyes.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":rolleyes:" border="0" alt="rolleyes.gif" />

/roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" /> /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

I agree !!! /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

I agree that CPA is not a one man team. In addition to Z Mason, who is great, they return three guards that went for over 200 3s between them. Point guard Hunter Miller had over half of those. It will tough to know who to guard. Expect this now older team to be much tougher on the defensive end of the floor with a lot of size and speed. I also suspect some surprises from other members of this team who have grown and improved dramatically. Drew will full court press with this bunch. Lots of speed and experience coming your way. It will make for some great play around the state in AA.

• 3 weeks later...

1.) Sycamore: Mitchell, Dempsey, & Coffey headline the best frontcourt in Class AA.

2.) Harpeth: Kevin Giltner & both Trey and Tyler Curruthers return for the Indians this season.

3.) White House: Gaines is back but the adjustment to the new coach will take time.

4.) Pearl Cohn: Mason, Venoy, Carter, & Cox return from last year's substate squad for Wharton.

5.) CPA: Zach Mason & Hunter Miller lead Coach Drew Maddux's Lions this season.

With Sycamore & Harpeth in District 11, Pearl Cohn & CPA in District 9, AND White House & Station Camp in District 8 there is no mistaking that Class AA Basketball is very good in Middle-TN this year.

CPA scrimmaged Sycamore this past saturday and dominated them and that was without mason