DII AA's Best

itzme

I see that you are new to the board. I would suggest that if you are going to ask an open question to everyone on just about every post, you shouldn't be insulting when it is answered.

If I wanted your opinion, I would ask for it, I don't care for it though. Now answer my question /flower.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":flower:" border="0" alt="flower.gif" />

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If I wanted your opinion, I would ask for it, I don't care for it though. Now answer my question /flower.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":flower:" border="0" alt="flower.gif" />

Good point - you would not hesitate to "ask". I am going to tell you what, I bet, your Dad tells you all of the time. No, not, "clean your room". Here it is: "Look it up!!".

Nice recovery putting the "K" with UT, so you seem like you are in the know /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" /> . People often think "UT" is a reference to UT Martin around here - right? /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />

Only UT I know of is in Austin, TX.

The way the league is structured, it really screws west TN over. (Hear me out). In the east you have the powers that be (MBA, FR, McCallie, BA, Baylor) continually playing each other and fine tuning their game plans in the regular season. And also the newer teams (Ensworth, Webb, PJPII, BGA) being able to mix in with each other. While in the west they are limited to a basically 3 team system and the other 2 who are involved. There is not a true race in the entire west region. It will be predicted the 3teams will be CBHS, mus, and ecs...the only variation is placement. None of these teams are ever truly tested outside of the region games and could possibly be in for a long ride during the playoffs, whereas the east teams will have some playing knowledge of each other before playoff time comes.

The way the league is structured, it really screws west TN over. (Hear me out). In the east you have the powers that be (MBA, FR, McCallie, BA, Baylor) continually playing each other and fine tuning their game plans in the regular season. And also the newer teams (Ensworth, Webb, PJPII, BGA) being able to mix in with each other. While in the west they are limited to a basically 3 team system and the other 2 who are involved. There is not a true race in the entire west region. It will be predicted the 3teams will be CBHS, mus, and ecs...the only variation is placement. None of these teams are ever truly tested outside of the region games and could possibly be in for a long ride during the playoffs, whereas the east teams will have some playing knowledge of each other before playoff time comes.

You make valid points, but the east has these disadvantages:

1. A good team beats another good team, and this becomes a pattern. Eventually one good team, like McCallie or Baylor, cannot enter the playoffs because they lost to better teams but you KNOW they are a good team.

2. Injuries. Games become very physical when teams play each other, and they have to play good teams week in and week out. This results in more injuries.

Lastly,

3.Travel. I think traveling has a huge physcological effect on any team when they go to Memphis or vice versa. Driving far instances really drains the player of energy, and they really dont get a good level of intensity until they get flattened on the field. This really comes into effect during playoffs, when one team must travel a long way to play another team good enough of getting in the playoffs, which usually means they're a force.

There are advantages and disadvantages, depends how you take them.

You make valid points, but the east has these disadvantages:

1. A good team beats another good team, and this becomes a pattern. Eventually one good team, like McCallie or Baylor, cannot enter the playoffs because they lost to better teams but you KNOW they are a good team.

2. Injuries. Games become very physical when teams play each other, and they have to play good teams week in and week out. This results in more injuries.

Lastly,

3.Travel. I think traveling has a huge physcological effect on any team when they go to Memphis or vice versa. Driving far instances really drains the player of energy, and they really dont get a good level of intensity until they get flattened on the field. This really comes into effect during playoffs, when one team must travel a long way to play another team good enough of getting in the playoffs, which usually means they're a force.

There are advantages and disadvantages, depends how you take them.

True, true. All good reasons. I especially agree with the travel. I'm only a year removed from taking those day long trips so Im still familiar with them. The one thing is that I enjoyed those trips......I just hate that you never get a true indication of who's the better team because of the drain of the trip. *Case in point....Father Ryan-CBHS series in 2006. or the CBHS-Brentwood Academy of 2003)

True, true. All good reasons. I especially agree with the travel. I'm only a year removed from taking those day long trips so Im still familiar with them. The one thing is that I enjoyed those trips......I just hate that you never get a true indication of who's the better team because of the drain of the trip. *Case in point....Father Ryan-CBHS series in 2006. or the CBHS-Brentwood Academy of 2003)

It's unfortunate that we are stuck with this structure at all, but I think the DII coaches/ADs came up with the best solution they could under the circumstances. I can't remember a year where travel has been less, which is an important factor. My son's senior year at BA, they had road games in KY, IL, two trips to Memphis and one to Chattanooga (if I remember correctly). That was ridiculous! In some respects, it adds to the enjoyment of playoff games as well, since it will be fewer rematches.