Landers @ Rangers

Bluengoldblood

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Landers 21 rangers 20.

Rangers won turnover battle big but not game

Whew!, these are the true cardiac kids! Nothing against Unaka but we tried to give it away for the 2nd week in a row. I'll say one thing about these Landers even when they make a mistake they fight their tails off to make up for it. If you would have told me before the game that we would turn the ball over 4 times tonight I would have said there was no way we would win, but we have a resiliant bunch of kids. The goalline stand on the 2 point conversion try was AWESOME! But guys, come on, my heart can't take much more of these type games! Secure that ball! If we turn it over like that this next week Grace's offense will take advantage of those types of mistakes. Again, good job tonight. A good team finds a way to win. A great team doesn't have to. I can see that the greatness is there so bring it next week!!Congratulations Landers you are Playoff bound but never be satisfied.

we showed alot of character tonight to come away with a BIG W against a very good unaka D with 5 turnovers and at least 2 of those came in the redzone. Both teams played hard , clean football and kept their mouthes shut until the last play of the game when a unaka linemen punched our rb in the face. while on the ground with 5 seconds left in the game. But i'm willing to bet the farm that he doesnt even think about doing the again. HC ensor looked pretty P*&&%$ OFF when told his team that they dont play like that. To Coach Ensor and the rest of Unakas staff you got my respect tonight after the way your team plays but more importantly the way you teach the game of football. ESTEP is the real deal, he is all over the field making plays whither its 5 yds deep in the backfield or 40 yds down the field. and for boosting his stats dont buy into it. Our stat tracker had him with 20 tackles thats impressive. Great Game. Good luck rest of the season.

we showed alot of character tonight to come away with a BIG W against a very good unaka D with 5 turnovers and at least 2 of those came in the redzone. Both teams played hard , clean football and kept their mouthes shut until the last play of the game when a unaka linemen punched our rb in the face. while on the ground with 5 seconds left in the game. But i'm willing to bet the farm that he doesnt even think about doing the again. HC ensor looked pretty P*&&%$ OFF when told his team that they dont play like that. To Coach Ensor and the rest of Unakas staff you got my respect tonight after the way your team plays but more importantly the way you teach the game of football. ESTEP is the real deal, he is all over the field making plays whither its 5 yds deep in the backfield or 40 yds down the field. and for boosting his stats dont buy into it. Our stat tracker had him with 20 tackles thats impressive. Great Game. Good luck rest of the season.

I'd say!, it seemed like he was in on every tackle and if he wasn't he was the reason somebody else was free to make the stop.Tough Kid, excellent football player.

Im glad that we dont have to get on a bus for atleast the next 2 weeks . To play our last two "R" games(and we all know who that is) at home. which will be our first home "R" games this season. Its hard to go on the road and play 3 "R" games and come out 3-0. Odds on winning 3 straight "R" games on the road, arent too good. Way to work guys but we still need to continue 2 work on the small stuff that usally dicides the game, speacial teams and not putting the ball on the ground. Were playoff bound after tonight and you guys have earned it but first lets get ready for this week only and take care of bussiness (Grace@ORR FIELD)!!!!!!!!!!!!! Dont settle on the way were playing. work hard on the small stuff and those Turnovers will start to disappear and turn into alot of points

Way to go Landers !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Im glad that we dont have to get on a bus for atleast the next 2 weeks . To play our last two "R" games(and we all know who that is) at home. which will be our first home "R" games this season. Its hard to go on the road and play 3 "R" games and come out 3-0. Odds on winning 3 straight "R" games on the road, arent too good. Way to work guys but we still need to continue 2 work on the small stuff that usally dicides the game, speacial teams and not putting the ball on the ground. Were playoff bound after tonight and you guys have earned it but first lets get ready for this week only and take care of bussiness (Grace@ORR FIELD)!!!!!!!!!!!!! Dont settle on the way were playing. work hard on the small stuff and those Turnovers will start to disappear and turn into alot of points

Way to go Landers !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Couldn't of said it better if I tried!

Good job, Landers. I'm like Blueandgold, my heart can't take anymore games like this. I'm glad we came out with the W. No one would have ever thought we would have turned it around this year. I apologize for losing faith. I honestly didn't think we would do this well, but look at these guys. They are the most positive bunch I've seen in a long time. Last nights win was special in more ways than one. We continued to make Goddard field our home away from home. Unaka still hasn't beat us on the creek in more than 25 years. Last year proved that unaka could only beat us when we're way down, but any time we field a normal Highlander team, the creekers ain't gonna stay on the same field. Good luck and it will be great to finally be home. Whoooo!!