Wilson Central @ Riverdale

CantStopTheChop

Quite honestly, I did not think they would be 7 - 0 when they played Riverdale. WC is a very good finesse football team with probably as much speed as anyone in the league (on both sides of the ball)...............They can run fast!!

I really thought they would be in trouble with physical teams, but they have played 3 of them OK. Riverdale however is probably numero-uno in that dept...............they are a big strong powerful football team with a great offensive line AND a very sound offensive plan (*note..........I know some of you do not like what they do...ie Wing-T), but they do it well AND they win. Stats really do not mean crap; only thing that counts is that number in that left-hand column!!

I absolutely know that if WC was not in their similar offense...............they would have a different record. (see last year).

I think..........repeat........... think it will be a good game, but I still think that is truly real acomplishment that WC is where they are (everyone...... and I mean everyone did pick them as the "Ugly Betty").

My hat is off to them (players & coaches) for one of best turn-arounds in recent memory.........how did they do this?

I really love under-dogs /flower.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":flower:" border="0" alt="flower.gif" />

toga-toga

Things have changed a lot since WC arrived on the scene. I remember how slow those first few teams were and now people post about how fast they are. No doubt about it...speed kills. They've done a great job over there and deserve the success they are having. Hopefully we can slow that down a bit on Friday night.

Gonna be a great game. Man, you gotta just love big games.

TDNTN, we need the students to make their presence felt Friday night! I usually sit up high above the student section but I may try to find something different this week so I don't have to stand up all night.

Go Warriors!!!

• Replies 180
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

wc will run sweep right then sweep left the sweep right etc etc

I have never seen a team run so few plays with such great success

riverdale should win because of their depth and size. I am just under 6 ft and wc only has 2 players taller than me and against lebanon they only dressed around 40. Every player plays both ways

I tip my hat to wc but Im afraid cinderellas slipper will come off this friday.

The main thing is anytime you see riverdale run sideways they are playing right into wc's hands. if riverdale would go power eye with a fb and run it they would win going away but the wing t will do what its designed to do keep it close.

Noticed that WC has about 50 players on their roster with 23 of those listed as 6' or taller. I sense a little bit of a disinformation campaign going on here. Earlier it was 30 players, now it's around 40. The roster says 50.

Sounds like a pretty well-stocked program to me. The results say nobody has been able to wear them down.

the WC roster from their web site:

Wilson Central Roster

Noticed that WC has about 50 players on their roster with 23 of those listed as 6' or taller. I sense a little bit of a disinformation campaign going on here. Earlier it was 30 players, now it's around 40. The roster says 50.

Sounds like a pretty well-stocked program to me. The results say nobody has been able to wear them down.

the WC roster from their web site:

Wilson Central Roster

nope its a fact

I stood between them and the tunnell when they played lebanon and #52 and #89 were the only 2 taller than me

you can ck it your self friday.

I also counted the players I counted 40 players dressed out at home

I guarantee you it is a fact

Although the official school address says "Lebanon", the WC kids are really MJ kids. I've got to pull for MJ kids. WC by 3. Barn burner. AND they have to earn it. Any and all wins are earned against Riverdale - much respect to the Riverdale machine. /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

if you realy wanna get technical the kids are from the glade. (gladeville) but considering half the people on here are like where we can stick with mj lol.

Her? What are you talking about dude? Riverdale no longer has a head coach, or an offensive line coach that knows what they are doing. All that wing-t stuff is old school and is very limited.

you are pathetic all you do is hate on everything about riverdale, do u even post on smyrna threads u stay on riverdales and all you do is run your mouth about how horrible our offense is has anybody stopped us no has ppl stopped the all mighty smyrna yes so stop hating

you also hate on our coaches but u seem to know alot about football you have picked against us all year long but how many times have you been right ????

nope its a fact

I stood between them and the tunnell when they played lebanon and #52 and #89 were the only 2 taller than me

you can ck it your self friday.

I also counted the players I counted 40 players dressed out at home

I guarantee you it is a fact

I see these guys everyday, I stand at 6 feet even myself, I can assure you that there is more than 2 people that stand over me. /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

Im telling you I stood there and I did not see but 2

ok lets say for argumenst sake that I missed one or heck 2. I think my point is still very valid in that wc is winning with one of the smallest teams I have ever seen in 5a football.

it is not a knock but a compliment.

I also counte 40 if I missed a couple the above still applies - they are not very deep and virtually everybody plays boht ways.