Top 5 teams DI and DII

Dragon Fly

DI

1. Soddy Daisy (superb program)

2. Otewah (spelling) (Could win it all this year. I love their team)

3. Bradley (always a threat to win even in their down years)

4. Cleveland (they sure are putting the effort in with all the new coaches)

5. Franklin (somehow gets a lot out of its kids)

DII

1. Baylor (no one can stop them)

2. Father Ryan (Is this their year?)

3. CBHS (My surprise team this year)

4. Brentwood Academy (many studs in the stable)

5. McCallie (They always seem to have their kids ready at the end)

• Replies 17
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

DI

DII

do not forget clarksville, or tullahoma, both will be very good this year.

also MBA in divII they are always tough.

DI

DII

Your DII is off. baylor is by no means an unstoppable team this year. i would say Ryan is the favorite with so many 2nd and 3rd place guys returning.BA behind them and you have to give credit to their coach for turning that program around they didn't lose many wrestlers this year. Then it's a toss up between McCallie and Baylor. No team out west will ever win the duals so CBHS will not be a surprise team.

DI

DII

and in DI Franklin is definitely the top team as of right now with Ooltewah and Bradley behind them.

MWR,

You don't give Baylor their due credit. Have you ever heard of "the stable if full". Well, they can graduate a number of kids each year and then those boys are replaced by someone else of equal quality. There system is very good. As far as Brentwood Academy goes, they have improved but will they keep improving? I believe CBHS will do very well this year and you might even watch out for St. Benedict as well. They are getting better each year. I understand McCallie graduated most of their good kids and will have to rebuild this year. I think that Baylor will continue to dominate, and the rest will fight it out for 2nd place.

Let's see, Dragon Fly said:

1 Soddy

2 Ooltewah

3 Bradley

4 Cleveland

5 Franklin

1 Baylor

2 Ryan

3 Christian Brothers

4 Brentwood Acad.

5 McCallie

Hmm... first off, I don't know about Soddy this year. They were the best last year but lost a lot of seniors. Ooltewah is definitely a possibility if they keep improving like they have been as of late. Bradley has a few studs- David Mang returning. Cleveland... yes, I agree, they seem to have a ton of wrestlers this year, but do we know if they are good wrestlers?

And Franklin? Being familiar with their school I can give you a heads-up about their team. Franklin is going to be relying almost entirely on their squadron of seniors. Why is this? The Franklin studs come from Grassland Middle School. If you're from middle Tennessee you might remember how dominant GMS used to be. Grassland, coached by Rodney Cash at the time, was the feeder school for Franklin High School. After the 2003-04 season, Cash switched schools (and now coaches Brentwood Academy). Since then, Grassland hasn't been able to produce top-quality wrestlers like they used to. So Franklin's class of 08 is the last set of the Cash era studs. Oh, and Zarbo- I heard he finally did move, but I don't know for sure, just a rumor.

I still say watch out for Ravenwood, Red Bank, and Tullahoma.

Division 2: Baylor ranked top, Ryan second? Maybe. Statistically Father Ryan should be the best this year but it wouldn't surprise me at all if the red raiders took the title(s) again. I don't see how Christian Brothers is going to be that good this year. Brentwood Academy- I say third in the individual and maybe even first or second in the duals- all depends on how the cards play out. McCallie- yep. Don't ever underestimate them. They were getting creamed at the beginning of last season and then at the end they somehow ended up as one of the top teams.

Well, my rankings are still up on one of the topics around here. I'll leave it at that for now.

Let's see, Dragon Fly said:1 Soddy2 Ooltewah3 Bradley4 Cleveland5 Franklin1 Baylor2 Ryan3 Christian Brothers4 Brentwood Acad.5 McCallieHmm... first off, I don't know about Soddy this year. They were the best last year but lost a lot of seniors. Ooltewah is definitely a possibility if they keep improving like they have been as of late. Bradley has a few studs- David Mang returning. Cleveland... yes, I agree, they seem to have a ton of wrestlers this year, but do we know if they are good wrestlers?And Franklin? Being familiar with their school I can give you a heads-up about their team. Franklin is going to be relying almost entirely on their squadron of seniors. Why is this? The Franklin studs come from Grassland Middle School. If you're from middle Tennessee you might remember how dominant GMS used to be. Grassland, coached by Rodney Cash at the time, was the feeder school for Franklin High School. After the 2003-04 season, Cash switched schools (and now coaches Brentwood Academy). Since then, Grassland hasn't been able to produce top-quality wrestlers like they used to. So Franklin's class of 08 is the last set of the Cash era studs. Oh, and Zarbo- I heard he finally did move, but I don't know for sure, just a rumor.I still say watch out for Ravenwood, Red Bank, and Tullahoma.Division 2: Baylor ranked top, Ryan second? Maybe. Statistically Father Ryan should be the best this year but it wouldn't surprise me at all if the red raiders took the title(s) again. I don't see how Christian Brothers is going to be that good this year. Brentwood Academy- I say third in the individual and maybe even first or second in the duals- all depends on how the cards play out. McCallie- yep. Don't ever underestimate them. They were getting creamed at the beginning of last season and then at the end they somehow ended up as one of the top teams.Well, my rankings are still up on one of the topics around here. I'll leave it at that for now.

well said i agree with your predictions your more accurate than dragon fly who thinks Baylor is always going to be 'unstoppable' every year and that CBHS will somehow be a surprise team. father ryan will be the favorite if they stay healthy. I also still think Franklin will be the favorite in DI even though Zarbo did indeed leave.

Let's see, Dragon Fly said:1 Soddy2 Ooltewah3 Bradley4 Cleveland5 Franklin1 Baylor2 Ryan3 Christian Brothers4 Brentwood Acad.5 McCallieHmm... first off, I don't know about Soddy this year. They were the best last year but lost a lot of seniors. Ooltewah is definitely a possibility if they keep improving like they have been as of late. Bradley has a few studs- David Mang returning. Cleveland... yes, I agree, they seem to have a ton of wrestlers this year, but do we know if they are good wrestlers?And Franklin? Being familiar with their school I can give you a heads-up about their team. Franklin is going to be relying almost entirely on their squadron of seniors. Why is this? The Franklin studs come from Grassland Middle School. If you're from middle Tennessee you might remember how dominant GMS used to be. Grassland, coached by Rodney Cash at the time, was the feeder school for Franklin High School. After the 2003-04 season, Cash switched schools (and now coaches Brentwood Academy). Since then, Grassland hasn't been able to produce top-quality wrestlers like they used to. So Franklin's class of 08 is the last set of the Cash era studs. Oh, and Zarbo- I heard he finally did move, but I don't know for sure, just a rumor.I still say watch out for Ravenwood, Red Bank, and Tullahoma.Division 2: Baylor ranked top, Ryan second? Maybe. Statistically Father Ryan should be the best this year but it wouldn't surprise me at all if the red raiders took the title(s) again. I don't see how Christian Brothers is going to be that good this year. Brentwood Academy- I say third in the individual and maybe even first or second in the duals- all depends on how the cards play out. McCallie- yep. Don't ever underestimate them. They were getting creamed at the beginning of last season and then at the end they somehow ended up as one of the top teams.Well, my rankings are still up on one of the topics around here. I'll leave it at that for now.

well said i agree with your predictions your more accurate than dragon fly who thinks Baylor is always going to be 'unstoppable' every year and that CBHS will somehow be a surprise team. father ryan will be the favorite if they stay healthy. I also still think Franklin will be the favorite in DI even though Zarbo did indeed leave.

I like that you're all completely disregarding Clarksville, who is year-in and year-out a top tier team. Granted, Cleveland may surprise people, but are we really throwing them in the top 5 after a 24th place finish last year at state and Clarksville finishing 5th with several returning placers and several others who got close? I may be biased, but this seems ridiculous to me.

Also, I wouldn't put Cleveland above Greeneville, Ravenwood, or even Notre Dame. Not to insult any team, but I don't see from where this prediction came.

I think Clarksville will be in the top 10, but I don't know about top 5.

As of now, my top 10 predictions look like this

D-I

1) Bradley

2) Franklin

3) Ooltewah

4) Ravenwood

5) Soddy

6) Red Bank

7) Clarksville

8) Cleveland

9) Notre Dame

10) Tullahoma

Watch for: Greeneville, Independence, Brentwood, Sceince Hill, Collierville, Germantown, Antioch (no, really)

D-II

1) Father Ryan

2) Baylor

3) Brentwood Academy

4) McCallie

5) MBA

6) Christian Brothers

7) St. Benedict

8) Ensworth

9) Briarcrest

10) BGA

Or something like that