McMinn vs. William Blount

jethro

well to me steven stansell is the deciding factor in a close game that will come down to who makes the least mistakes on a rainy night. the defense lead by #31,#22,and #32 will give the govs fits. just ask farragut!!! the offense lead by senior qb #8 and senior wr #31 will at least put up 24pts.

mcminn 24

billy blount 21

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The local forecast for Athens @ game time is partly cloudy and 68 degrees.....the rain is forecasted to be out of here before lunch.

Another interesting tid bit of information for all of you:

WB win / loss record of the teams they have played is 34-16 ...... McMinn win / loss record against the teams they have played is 30-18....They both have identical records when it comes to common opponents win / loss records which is 19-8.....

One more thing....Againist region common opponents:

WB averages 29 ppg and gives up 13 ppg.......McMinn averages 20ppg and gives up 19 ppg

Over the past two years WB is 6-4 on the road while McMinn is 8-1 at home.....

With this said it appears that WB should be a 7 point favorite but then you have to take into consideration that McMinn is at home and WB is on the road so now it is a 4 point advantage for the GOVS.....

The official line on this game from Tribefan is McMinn is the dog in this one and should get 4 from WB....

Like most everyone has said this has the possibilities of being a close one.....

GO TRIBE!!!!

The local forecast for Athens @ game time is partly cloudy and 68 degrees.....the rain is forecasted to be out of here before lunch.

WB win / loss record of the teams they have played is 34-16 ...... McMinn win / loss record against the teams they have played is 30-18....They both have identical records when it comes to common opponents win / loss records which is 19-8.....

WB averages 29 ppg and gives up 13 ppg.......McMinn averages 20ppg and gives up 19 ppg

GO TRIBE!!!!

Well you seem very well informed... ( for a Democrat... /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" /> Just kidding... /flower.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":flower:" border="0" alt="flower.gif" /> ) ...Thanks for the info.. You have very good posts....

GO GOVS

BTW : Fred's the man... Wife not hard to look at either.....

GO TRIBE!!!!

Go TRIBE! Owlfanatic is pulling for you. WIN and WIN BIG

With this said it appears that WB should be a 7 point favorite but then you have to take into consideration that McMinn is at home and WB is on the road so now it is a 4 point advantage for the GOVS.....

The official line on this game from Tribefan is McMinn is the dog in this one and should get 4 from WB....

Like most everyone has said this has the possibilities of being a close one.....

GO TRIBE!!!!

Very good post. I do have a question. How in the world did you beat Farragut and lose to a very poor Oak Ridge Team?

GO TRIBE!!!!

TribeFan, thanks for your info. As usual you are a treasure-trove of data.

You've posted numbers for public consumption, so I'm going to take an opportunity to respond.

Past year's records mean absolutely nothing to this game. Different teams for the most part.

Won-loss records for home fields vs. opponents road games means nothing as a meaningful statistic, unless you play the same teams that year. In fact, of your home games, WB only played Soddy on the road. So that is the only comparison that could be made for a home field advantage. And McMinn won by a 22 at home; we beat 'em by 25 on their turf.

In fact, in the last two years, the home team has lost this game.

I do agree that this has all the makings of being a good game.

tservies a.k.a. Jethro

Very good post. I do have a question. How in the world did you beat Farragut and lose to a very poor Oak Ridge Team?

Tribefan thought that OR was a pretty good football team.....they made the big plays and McMinn never did.....and when McMinn had a chance too our backup QB made a poor decision......realize as bad as McMinn played we were still only down 7 with the ball and 3:30 on the clock at our own 25.....As everyone knows OR is a difficult place to come away with a win.....

The front office at McMinn has sold close to 2K general admission tickets since Monday morning and has prepared to have one of the largest crowds in some time at this game. The stadium will seat approx. 6200 with unknown standing along the fence.....get there early is all I can tell you if you don't have a reserved seat or a parking pass or you will be parking off of the campus.

Tribefan thought that OR was a pretty good football team.....they made the big plays and McMinn never did.....and when McMinn had a chance too our backup QB made a poor decision......realize as bad as McMinn played we were still only down 7 with the ball and 3:30 on the clock at our own 25.....As everyone knows OR is a difficult place to come away with a win.....

The front office at McMinn has sold close to 2K general admission tickets since Monday morning and has prepared to have one of the largest crowds in some time at this game. The stadium will seat approx. 6200 with unknown standing along the fence.....get there early is all I can tell you if you don't have a reserved seat or a parking pass or you will be parking off of the campus.

Well dang Tribefan..............

Sounds like were going to have a big party... It's tough to get that far south real early but would you care to suggest a time for me to arrive... I'm usually early anyway because I like to watch the teams warm-up.

You didn't comment on Fred's wife... You think the ole boy may have out kicked his coverage???? /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />

Well dang Tribefan..............

Sounds like were going to have a big party... It's tough to get that far south real early but would you care to suggest a time for me to arrive... I'm usually early anyway because I like to watch the teams warm-up.

You didn't comment on Fred's wife... You think the ole boy may have out kicked his coverage???? /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />

The season ticket holders usually are a late arriving crowd at McMinn.....and so are the general admission ticket holders. I say be there around 6 and you should be in good shape as far as a seat goes...now on the parking I have no idea as I park in the season ticket holders parking area which is right there beside the stadium.

As far as old Fred out kicking his coverage....I say NO WAY.....have you ever seen him in person? He is about 6'4" and 240 lbs. Yes he did over achieve when he married but I would say that several of us have done so....

TribeFan, thanks for your info. As usual you are a treasure-trove of data.

You've posted numbers for public consumption, so I'm going to take an opportunity to respond.

Past year's records mean absolutely nothing to this game. Different teams for the most part.

Won-loss records for home fields vs. opponents road games means nothing as a meaningful statistic, unless you play the same teams that year. In fact, of your home games, WB only played Soddy on the road. So that is the only comparison that could be made for a home field advantage. And McMinn won by a 22 at home; we beat 'em by 25 on their turf.

In fact, in the last two years, the home team has lost this game.

I do agree that this has all the makings of being a good game.

tservies a.k.a. Jethro

If it in fact means nothing then why does ESPN Gameday and ABC and CBS and the VolNetwork and everbody else that broadcast games refer to stats from 2 to 10 years ago? I got it.....these networks love spending their money on has beens like Holtz, Flutie, Currey, and all the others that add their 2 cents worth of actual experience.

I was trying to come up with some unique numbers and look in depth into the history of this series.....

And if past teams don't mean anything you are on crack!! If not the same team it becomes a mental thing for the program itself.....McMinn went 19 years before we finally beat Cleveland and since that has happened in '97 we have won 7 of the last 10 years.....so there is some logic behind the stigma of playing a certain team.

I hope we have a good clean game and that the officials don't play a part in the outcome and the best team on the field Friday night wins the game.

GO TRIBE!!!!