Red Bank @ Rhea County

MRSTUD

We all know RB isn't as good as the past years, there isn't a team in region 4-4a that is as good as the past the region lost most of the play makers that was in it. But RB still has a quite a few play makers and Rhea has maybe 3 players that are good play makers. Sharp which is going to put the ball on the ground, Moffett which is not used at all even though he is most likely the biggest threat for Rhea, and Anderson which is mostlikely the best possession receiver in the region. RB has alot of good players and I know they have more than those 2 receiers. And even if Ledbetter can't throw past 15 yards accurately alls he has to do is throw it up and they will run under it. Rhea can't stay eith those receivers.

• Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yes it does. Because I know you have watched Rhea but not Red Bank. If you would have gone and watched Red Bank, say the Soddy or Canadian Game or both, you would have seen that they are not as good this year as in the past. Infact I would say the only good lineman on their front 5 is tyler chambers the rest are just average. They are one dimensional all they do is throw the ball to two players maybe 3 if one of the first two is having a bad game, and Ledbetter can't throw deep so why play back. Look at all the pass plays they have ran in the last few years. Most of them are less than a 15 yard throw, but look longer than what they are on paper because of yards after the catch. The running backs do play into the offense but only in short yardage situations or one once they are closer to the endzone. The main component of Red Bank's defense is out. I wasn't surprised to here those first few scores from the Cleveland game last friday because they are not as good as everyone makes them out to be. Oh and I would like to make one thing clear to get this ref thing clear the refs that will be at the game will be from Athens the same that has made bad call after bad call against Rhea. Athens refs don't like us. But being at home will favor us.

yea athens officails are absolutly terriable, two years ago the opening kickoff went in the endzone but they allowed the man to bring it out of the endzone, in high school you cant do that, what about the famous inadverted whistle in 1982 i believe, first offensive play 72 yard touchdown called back cause the ref was fooled red bank loses 14-13, they are horrible its as simple as that!

It's a wonder that you RB fans and players talk like you do and you beat a Clevland team that is obvoius inferer to teams of the past by only a touchdown or a little more. Now with Tracey Sims being out I don't see RB being able to stop RC's line they are too powerful.

first off if you saw the game you would understand that other than the first quarter red bank had control, it was 33-14, then clevland scored late went for two and made it sound closer key word is sound, first quarter was close, and you cant go on how bad a team beats another that does not even matter, red bank 77 brainerd 8, then maryville barely sneaks past maryville in the playoffs,so red bank was better than maryville last year, not quite, if you know about sports then you look not at the score but the game, stats, everything, score determines the outcome of one game and thats it!so yea 36-22 two touchdowns look at more than that next time and be able to back up what you say, good try though!put that in your pipe and smoke it!!!!!!!!!!!!!

We all know RB isn't as good as the past years, there isn't a team in region 4-4a that is as good as the past the region lost most of the play makers that was in it. But RB still has a quite a few play makers and Rhea has maybe 3 players that are good play makers. Sharp which is going to put the ball on the ground, Moffett which is not used at all even though he is most likely the biggest threat for Rhea, and Anderson which is mostlikely the best possession receiver in the region. RB has alot of good players and I know they have more than those 2 receiers. And even if Ledbetter can't throw past 15 yards accurately alls he has to do is throw it up and they will run under it. Rhea can't stay eith those receivers.

Yes the talent in the whole region is down but I think Rhea and Red Bank have the two most talented team in the region. I also think yes there is areas on both teams where each team is better for example Rhea's lines are better but RB's receivers are better. However I think Ryno, moffet, AJ, Hack, and Randy can run with RB's recievers. As for play makers I would throw in AJ, Finch, Talent and Newt and maybe Duny and Davis. AJ has had 2 great games in a row and has been Highlight of the night the last two weeks with his punt returns for TDs. They may have more receivers but they don't throw to them hardly. I also have to thank the players that filled in for Chris friday. But if Ledbetter has to throw it up deep that will give RC's corners and Ryno the chance to pick it. So I don't see RB changing the playbook.

First off no team including RB is faster than Brainard. They may be as fast but not faster and they didnt run by anyone but they were more physical than we were. Loosing Chris really hurt and it showed against Central. We will struggle with the pass if we do not get pressure against the QB which is going to be hard with three lineman, Central showed us that. The passing game is coming around for us since the QB switch which is going to keep people honest ans if we run for over 200 yards again and have 0 and I mean ZERO turnovers then we will have a chance. Special teams are playing better than they have in awhile so that wil help. All in all should be a good game, should stay close and I can see it going either way. One thing to remember RB is undefeated for a reason. One other thing for the RC fans did anyone see J Swafford about run down the long pass play in the first quarter against Central? Why do we not us him as a receiver with his size and speed? AM I wrong about his speed? He looked a step ahead when he was in and looks like an athlete that doesnt need to be sitting. Dont get me wrong I think we made the correct decision by changing him at QB but he just looks like he needs to be playing somewhere. His size would help against the taller wide outs but they dont swap sides on D. Just my thoughts. What you guys think?

Those players can't hang with RBs receivers come on those receivers are as good and fast if not better and faster than Brainerds receivers and they blew by Rhea come on

I can guarantee in a 40 yard dash between Brainerds Orlandis Harris 4.4 , Orlandis Jackson 4.5, and Bryant 4.5, vs. RB's Benford 4.6 McDuffie 4.5 and Mitchell 4.6 Brainerd would take at least 2. And if you want to dash the linemen Brainerds line would win hands down.

I can guarantee in a 40 yard dash between Brainerds Orlandis Harris 4.4 , Orlandis Jackson 4.5, and Bryant 4.5, vs. RB's Benford 4.6 McDuffie 4.5 and Mitchell 4.6 Brainerd would take at least 2. And if you want to dash the linemen Brainerds line would win hands down.

I guarantee at a combine where there is true testing happening Brainerds players do not run that. Coaches always time wrong every where. And I would also bet that RB got tested at one of the sports gyms in Chatt, I do not know that for a fact but I more likely than not they got tested at an actual gym. Brainerds players don't run as fast as they are posted. And lets pretend they do, Brainerd don't have the coaching that RB does to put them in the right place to dominate people. RB is too good.