Red Bank @ Rhea County

MRSTUD

• Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

One other thing when dealing with speed is no matter how you were clocked or where or by whom we all know there is track speed and game speed and we will not see another team faster than Brainerd as far as game speed goes this year. Not only that they were on a mission when they came to town which is where we had better be come Firday. And yes Brainerd did out coach us well. Shocking I know! The entire team and coaching staff has to play and call our best game or we will not win. Hard to say that but thats what we have to do every time out. We do well in certain areas this week then in other areas next week and it seems not all areas come together on the same night. No chioce this week.

One other thing for the RC fans did anyone see J Swafford about run down the long pass play in the first quarter against Central? Why do we not us him as a receiver with his size and speed? AM I wrong about his speed? He looked a step ahead when he was in and looks like an athlete that doesnt need to be sitting. Dont get me wrong I think we made the correct decision by changing him at QB but he just looks like he needs to be playing somewhere. His size would help against the taller wide outs but they dont swap sides on D. Just my thoughts. What you guys think?

I got to correct you on this one that was not swaff that almost ran down that first big pass play. That was #12 Ryne Anderson. But swafford is a big kid and with the proper work he can be a good corner or safety. He does have speed, and I believe swaff will have the chance at corner from time to time the rest of the year. He just need to learn the new position a little better before he is thrown in there every down.

I guarantee at a combine where there is true testing happening Brainerds players do not run that. Coaches always time wrong every where. And I would also bet that RB got tested at one of the sports gyms in Chatt, I do not know that for a fact but I more likely than not they got tested at an actual gym. Brainerds players don't run as fast as they are posted. And lets pretend they do, Brainerd don't have the coaching that RB does to put them in the right place to dominate people. RB is too good.

So basically you are say that all coaches are wrong in timing 40, and that means Red Bank too. I would be surprised if some of those Brainerd players don't go to D1 or another gym like it to get some training along with RB players. I know Brainerd is a poor part of town but still that dosn't mean their players don't go to gyms like D1 to train. And yes from seeing Brainerd and Red Bank inperson Brainerds players are faster. They may not have the complete coaching staff as RB but they still are good enough to put together a game plan to win. And also a whole RB is ok but their receivers are what make that team good.

So basically you are say that all coaches are wrong in timing 40, and that means Red Bank too. I would be surprised if some of those Brainerd players don't go to D1 or another gym like it to get some training along with RB players. I know Brainerd is a poor part of town but still that dosn't mean their players don't go to gyms like D1 to train. And yes from seeing Brainerd and Red Bank inperson Brainerds players are faster. They may not have the complete coaching staff as RB but they still are good enough to put together a game plan to win. And also a whole RB is ok but their receivers are what make that team good.

Exactly. Benford and Mcduffie are the glue that holds RB together. They are good but if you take them away RB can be stopped.

What exactly happened to Tracy Simms and how long will he be out?

From what I was told today he got two personal fouls, which is a automatic ejection. One was a late hit where he drove a player to the ground on the track, and the other was for punching a player. Which there is no need for that type of play in high school football. Now I was also told that he punched another two players at the Brainerd game but the refs didn't call it so he won't be punished for the Brainerd game. He is out only for the Rhea Co game and the school will be fined $250 by the TSSAA. Now I have heard the school is going to appeal the fine, but he will still be out for the Rhea County game and the earliest they can appeal is two weeks.