Hudson you want to coach MCHS

maconballmom11

It is rough to sit and read all of these negative things that are being said in here. I was on my way home the other night from the Station Camp game and if I am not mistaken the radio annoucers said if MC won the last three games that they WOULD make the playoffs. I am not happy about our record, but I am proud of those boys who go out week in and week out and give their all. I will travel to Sycamore this week, as I have been every week that we have played away. I will cheer as if the Tigers are undefeated and headed for the state championship, if we win wonderful...and if we dont...oh well there is always next week. So keep your heads high Tigers there are still the ones of us out here who are behind you 110%! Regardless of the score Tiger Pride is still alive!!!

If Macon Co. wins their next three games they will be a playoff team UNLESS the Greenbrier Bobcats find a way to BEAT BOTH Pearl Cohn this week & White House in the final week.

I have all of the respect in the world for Greenbrier's football program but that would be an amazing feat if it were to in fact occur.

Outside of Greenbrier at home next week the other two wins for Macon Co. would have to come against Sycamore & DeKalb Co. (both on the road). THAT IS NOT TOTALLY IMPOSSIBLE FOLKS!!!!!

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It is rough to sit and read all of these negative things that are being said in here. I was on my way home the other night from the Station Camp game and if I am not mistaken the radio annoucers said if MC won the last three games that they WOULD make the playoffs. I am not happy about our record, but I am proud of those boys who go out week in and week out and give their all. I will travel to Sycamore this week, as I have been every week that we have played away. I will cheer as if the Tigers are undefeated and headed for the state championship, if we win wonderful...and if we dont...oh well there is always next week. So keep your heads high Tigers there are still the ones of us out here who are behind you 110%! Regardless of the score Tiger Pride is still alive!!!

Wonderful post in this cesspool of crap that some are persistent to wallow in around here. If you whiners and crap-slingers had any idea what you were doing to our program by making a public spectacle of yourself you surely would do the right thing and leave these forums. I know you have as much right to be here as I do but, it burns my a** to know that a few idiots spouting off here gets more attention and brings more ridicule to the rest of our fans than they deserve. You have no shame. You haven't earned the right to put your thoughts into the forefront of conversation about Macon Co. football.

Angel I'm not talking about you there. But I would like for you to understand that these coaches have a real good idea who are their best play makers. Plus, If you truly understood how it works, coaches play and don't play kids based on many things. Go ask them. It is up to a coach to make sure he puts the team in the best position to win. There are times when other things might trump that. Being a coach is a very challenging job with very little incentive. Most do it because they want to make a difference in your kid and my kid's life.

I have tried to coach, but I soon realized how many parents behaved and I had very little tolerance for them. I gave it up after a couple of years and it made me more determined to back my coach up. This is what I'm doing now.

So BACK OFF and find somewhere else to show your ignorance. I kinda like it here. I'm even missing the threads where Smith Co. faithful poke and jab at us tiggers up here on the ridge.

Wonderful post in this cesspool of crap that some are persistent to wallow in around here. If you whiners and crap-slingers had any idea what you were doing to our program by making a public spectacle of yourself you surely would do the right thing and leave these forums. I know you have as much right to be here as I do but, it burns my a** to know that a few idiots spouting off here gets more attention and brings more ridicule to the rest of our fans than they deserve. You have no shame. You haven't earned the right to put your thoughts into the forefront of conversation about Macon Co. football.

Angel I'm not talking about you there. But I would like for you to understand that these coaches have a real good idea who are their best play makers. Plus, If you truly understood how it works, coaches play and don't play kids based on many things. Go ask them. It is up to a coach to make sure he puts the team in the best position to win. There are times when other things might trump that. Being a coach is a very challenging job with very little incentive. Most do it because they want to make a difference in your kid and my kid's life.

I have tried to coach, but I soon realized how many parents behaved and I had very little tolerance for them. I gave it up after a couple of years and it made me more determined to back my coach up. This is want I'm doing now.

So BACK OFF and find somewhere else to show your ignorance. I kinda like it here. I'm even missing the threads where Smith Co. faithful poke and jab at us tiggers up here on the ridge.

/roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />

/roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />

You are the guy who couldn't even get last year's win total correct on here last night. Are you un-informed or can you just not count to five????? NO INSULT INTENDED JUST A SIMPLE QUESTION /dry.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid="

Some of us Smith County folks pull for the Tiggers all but one game a year. I have a great deal of respect for the coaches in Macon Co. They have a daunting challenge every season before the two a days begin. Go Tigers.

I finally came to realize that. Just want you to know that I wasn't dragging ya'll into this mess. It is painfully obvious Smith Co. fans have more class as a whole than we do. I'm really embarrassed for our town and our program for all the screw balls that lurk on here. /blush.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":blush:" border="0" alt="blush.gif" />

Oh gosh. Another Macon Co. coach bashing thread. Pathetic! Do you people not realize your players will read this crap? Since they are kids and do not know any better, some will actually believe this. If you think they are playing bad now, wait till they lose respect for their coaching staff by reading this garbage. Then they will stop taking responsibility for their mistakes on the field and just blame their own coach. Then they will grow up and...............well then the cycle starts all over apparently. Do something positive to make a player better, not blame everything on the coaching staff.

/excl.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":excl:" border="0" alt="excl.gif" />

original you got it exactly right with that post!!! I have always been a fan of tiger football when they weren't playing the jackets of course. But this crap just sickens me and i'm not even from MC!!! If i was a true tiger fan i would be outraged that i had such idiots that proclaimed to be fans of my team!! Listen players and coaches pay no attention to all these fools slamming your coaches and program. Just go out there and hit somebody for 48 minutes and everything else will take care of itself.

I have tried to coach, but I soon realized how many parents behaved and I had very little tolerance for them. I gave it up after a couple of years and it made me more determined to back my coach up. This is what I'm doing now.

Oh I know that wasn't intended for me. I think people know where I stand even with a bad season I always still have hope that it will turn around and I do right now. I hope it does and those boys need it too as well the coaches. I feel for Coach Cook I really do cause if we were winning right now he would be a good coach in people's eyes. They can't blame everything on Coach Cook nor blame all the boys. I have saw some of the guys and it is sad the looks on some of their faces and talking with some of them is even worse. I ask one last night what about Friday and the look in his face said it all. I said "Na, no giving up not yet". I too miss the threads of the "JAW TALK". I think I even miss Antwan picking on me actually I wished he would that would make me feel better.

All in all these last 3 games need to be played to their fullest and their best. If they win wonderful if they loose and did their best they have nothing to be ashamed about. They will still be loved an we will still have PRIDE in our team. Ok boys you just do your best Friday with your heads held high cause you still have people that believe in you I promise.

I totally agree with you!! I haven't posted to these "coach bashing" threads because I don't like whats being said. The coach is hired to coach to his best ability, but for some reason parents and some fans can't get this through their thick skulls /ph34r.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":ph34r:" border="0" alt="ph34r.gif" /> I go to all the games (home and away) and I will always support the the Tigers.

GO MACON

This entire thread is a total disgrace to the players, coaches and entire community of Lafayette. This is WITHOUT a doubt the most ridiculous thing I have ever read on the T. I promise you the coaches know who the best players are on the team. If little Willie isn't playing enough, maybe he should step his game up in practice. That's where a coach's head will get turned. And don't even start with the whole this group has done such and such over the last 100 years in pee wee and Jr. High. It is not even close to the same in high school. MC has always had great Middle school teams. You all know that. It doesn't carry over because of VERY APPARENT reasons. I used to really wonder about that. My questions have been answered. If you back stabbin, non supportive, negative, IGNORANT parents want to coach, I suggest you go do it. This is still pretty much a simple game. It's about blocking and tackling. However, it still comes down to winning one on one battles. If you can't do that, you can't win. It doesn't matter what play is called if it's not executed. Sure the kids are taught fundamentals there but HEY!, GUESS WHAT? they are at other HIGH SCHOOLS too!!!!!!!! Sometimes you get out athleted. Sometimes you get outplayed. Sometimes you even get outcoached. Sometimes YOU LOSE!!!!!! That isn't the purpose. The purpose is to learn to be a man. Learn to handle adversity. Learn to be a teammate. Learn the chain of command, honor, integrity, discipline. If the worst thing that ever happens to little Johnny is that his high school football career wasn't a shining moment then I would say he lived a pretty dog gone happy life. This is ludicrous!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Players, I am from Smith County. You do not need to listen to this CRAP. Go play and have fun and love your teammates and respect your coaches. They are the ones who are out there in the heat with you and in the weight room with you and worrying about your grades. Every day. Don't take that for granted. Don't take your teammates for granted. Fight with them in practice but for them on Friday nights, give THEM all you've got. They are the ones you have to look in the eye when you get back in the huddle. And when the game is over all that matters is your teammates' respect. Your parents aren't gettin hit every play and workin out and runnin. It's you and your teammates. DON'T LET THEM DOWN!!!!!