Powell vs Central

jlancaster

One thing that all teams have to deal with at this point in the season is injuries. Central was missing the whole left side of their line during the South Doyle game and had to rely on back-ups for most of the game. Not saying bad things about their replacements, but it hurts not having regular starters in the game.

I've heard the same things about Powell being weak and not playing anybody......but who really knows????

This should be an interesting game with a lot on the line. There are always bragging rights when these two play, but now the stakes are much higher than they have been in the past.

2nd through 4th in the region is a toss-up and I agree that it will be interesting once week 10 rolls around.

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Injuries have been devastating for the Bobcats this year. During the early 2000's they seldom had injuries and as a result they were one of the top teams in the area. Speaking of injuries rumor has it Wilson is not 100% again this week?

I talked to some of my friends from Halls and they said Powell was very weak .Defense looked good against Halls but Halls didn't execute very well and offensively they were shocked at how poorly the Panthers played. That gives me a glimmer of hope for C.H.S. tonight. Because up until last night all i heard was what a potent offense Powell has.

I look for Central to have fire in their eyes after last weeks debacle. So I will recant my previous prediction and go with the Cats. 23-8 Powell can't score on Halls how can they score on Central.

Should be a good game! Both teams know the play-off implications. Central needs to control the ball offensively with their running game if in full-tack and powell needs to stretch the field vertically with passing but stay balanced with the run mixed in. Powell has some key players with bumps and bruises that need to heal quickly and anticipate central bouncing back after last week for the region home stretch!

Who from powell needs to heal quickly?

Injuries have been devastating for the Bobcats this year. During the early 90's they seldom had injuries and as a result they were one of the top teams in the area. Speaking of injuries rumor has it Wilson is not 100% again this week?

I talked to some of my friends from Halls and they said Powell was very weak .Defense looked good against Halls but Halls didn't execute very well and offensively they were shocked at how poorly the Panthers played. That gives me a glimmer of hope for C.H.S. tonight. Because up until last night all i heard was what a potent offense Powell has.

I look for Central to have fire in their eyes after last weeks debacle. So I will recant my previous prediction and go with the Cats. 23-8 Powell can't score on Halls how can they score on Central.

Powell is a ticking time bomb in my eyes.... if they go off tonight ... central may be down by 4 scores! Powell will score at least 24 points...

Who from powell needs to heal quickly?

Powell is a ticking time bomb in my eyes.... if they go off tonight ... central may be down by 4 scores! Powell will score at least 24 points...

I think both of these teams are ticking time bombs, which could lead to some fireworks tonight. Powell offered a glimpse of that in the South Doyle game a few weeks ago.

Powell wins 31-21. Any comments from those who attended?

Great game for the Panthers. I will say that they gave me a little scare in the beginning, but when they settled down; it was on.

My hats off to the coaching staff for making the corrections that proved to be deadly for the Bobcats. For all of you that continue to judge Powell from the past, you need to back off a little bit. These boys played a heck of a game and those receivers that (s u c k ) as some of you say can enjoy that CROW.

My son and his receivers went out and showed all of you that Powell will be a team to reckoned with for the rest of this season and next year. Good game boys and bring on those REBELS!!!

I will tell ya what, Powell has a TEAM, coach lowe said it best on the radio, they may not be the best athletes or the best players, but they darned sure play as a team....

Powell was killing me in the first Q they could not move the ball much less do anything on defense. Coach must have said something and they just blew up with 31 points straight.

This was the best 2 q's that powell has played in a heck of a long time.

One thing I really liked the 2 guys who last week kept jawing and showing off, made there plays and went to the sideline. thats the way the game needs to be played.

congrats powell, go get another 1

I will tell ya what, Powell has a TEAM, coach lowe said it best on the radio, they may not be the best athletes or the best players, but they darned sure play as a team....

Powell was killing me in the first Q they could not move the ball much less do anything on defense. Coach must have said something and they just blew up with 31 points straight.

This was the best 2 q's that powell has played in a heck of a long time.

One thing I really liked the 2 guys who last week kept jawing and showing off, made there plays and went to the sideline. thats the way the game needs to be played.

congrats powell, go get another 1

I believe the coaching staff did a heck of a job down 14-0. Good job powell. Receivers did a great job! Houston had good time most of the game to throw the ball. Defense settled down and play fairly decent.

Wow crazy... i never would have thought it before the season.... /popcorneater.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":popcorneater:" border="0" alt="popcorneater.gif" />

Central have had numerous injuries but like I said before if you can pass against them then you can win. Pitty the coaching staff at Halls hasn't figured that out yet. Oh well. Maybe after ten more years of humbling they will.

Still Powell a big thanks from a Red Devil fan.

One thing that all teams have to deal with at this point in the season is injuries. Central was missing the whole left side of their line during the South Doyle game and had to rely on back-ups for most of the game. Not saying bad things about their replacements, but it hurts not having regular starters in the game.

I've heard the same things about Powell being weak and not playing anybody......but who really knows????

This should be an interesting game with a lot on the line. There are always bragging rights when these two play, but now the stakes are much higher than they have been in the past.

2nd through 4th in the region is a toss-up and I agree that it will be interesting once week 10 rolls around.

South Doyle had injuries also - 1st & 2nd team QBs were hurt for starters.