Powell vs Central

jlancaster

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Must win for the Bobcats. I was shocked to say the least that they were defeated by S.D. Motivation, focus, and mental toughness is a big question mark. Central is not good enough to just show up and win. I am very disappointed to say the least.

The importance of the Powell game is now magnified. If the Cats aren't ready to go the Panthers will hand another L on Central. Central is in real danger of not making the play offs. With Powell and West on the horizon they could have 4 Region defeats.

Powell was good on defense against a very one dimensional Halls team but couldn't score. Powell has been a very good offensive team all year will they show up against Central? Will Central play with a sense of urgency?

Who knows?

I thought Central would come out of their funk. Maybe they just aren't as good as I thought they were.

If Powell bring their A game on offense I am afraid the Cats will take another one on the chin.

Upset shocker. Powell over Central.

Why?

Powell stymied Halls running game all night except for some bonehead personal fouls and a great run by Kitts when it mattered. Linebackers look good and should keep McMillian in check. Didn't really know much about the Panthers secondary Halls is lame passing the ball so the Bobkitties could exploit that.

Houston is a player. Good receivers and two good running backs. I look for a big upset here.

This really is huge for both teams. Both Powell and Central have been sloppy, but Central has definitely been the underachiever. Powell is right where most people thought they would be at this point in the season. 4 wins to bad teams and 3 losses to good teams. Central has been very up and down this year. This one could go either way. Still, Powell hasn't beaten a "good" team yet. Their best win was a blowout win against SD. Still, Central should be upset after what happened on Friday, and if that doesn't fire those guys up, nothing will. The SD loss should motivate Central enough to win by a TD.

Upset shocker. Powell over Central.

Why?

Powell stymied Halls running game all night except for some bonehead personal fouls and a great run by Kitts when it mattered. Linebackers look good and should keep McMillian in check. Didn't really know much about the Panthers secondary Halls is lame passing the ball so the Bobkitties could exploit that.

Houston is a player. Good receivers and two good running backs. I look for a big upset here.

Powells receivers s u ck! Powells offense was a disapointment last friday... They really made me sick.

Powells receivers s u ck! Powells offense was a disapointment last friday... They really made me sick.

Hey bud i hate to burst your bubble but powell has decent recievers, Jonathon Price, Tyler Drummer, Devon Collins are all good. and not only that but Devon and Tyler are only juniors and will be a force next year... I mean this year they are pretty effective but next year...watch out.. and then you got Keir throwin the ball I dont know if we win this week but i say if nothing else the offense gets motivated and scores quite a bit.. I just don't know if we can outscore McMillan and Styles

Central has some problems. Don't know exactly what they are but is evident from their record and poor performance on defense. I think they have the talent they just can't seem to get it together. To give up that many points to S.D. is inexcusable. If S.D. can score that many Powell is definatly able to put up big numbers on the Cats.

I am very concerned that for the first time in many years Central will not make the play offs. Not much help on the Freshman and J.V. teams either. Reminds me of the early-mid 90's when Central struggled so much.

As much as I would like to I can't pick the Cats this week. Powell 23-18 Hope I am wrong.

Hey bud i hate to burst your bubble but powell has decent recievers, Jonathon Price, Tyler Drummer, Devon Collins are all good. and not only that but Devon and Tyler are only juniors and will be a force next year... I mean this year they are pretty effective but next year...watch out.. and then you got Keir throwin the ball I dont know if we win this week but i say if nothing else the offense gets motivated and scores quite a bit.. I just don't know if we can outscore McMillan and Styles

You are not busting anyones bubble. If Tyler Drumer was so good then why does he drop so many balls not to mention a TD pass that would have won the Halls game? Jonathen Price gets thrown around by DBs. He is SOFT! He should know what to do since he is a corner to begin with. geez. Devin Collins may be the better of the three but you even said.... they have DECENT receivers.... so there not so hot in your book either. Powell needs some sure handed receivers to beat Central friday. I just dont think they will execute.

Central has some problems. Don't know exactly what they are but is evident from their record and poor performance on defense. I think they have the talent they just can't seem to get it together. To give up that many points to S.D. is inexcusable. If S.D. can't score that many Powell is definatly able to put up big numbers on the Cats.

I am very concerned that for the first time in many years Central will not make the play offs. Not much help on the Freshman and J.V. teams either. Reminds me of the early-mid 90's when Central struggled so much.

As much as I would like to I can't big the Cats this week. Powell 23-18 Hope I am wrong.

You are wrong. The Bobcats will win this ballgame. Central held SD to 1 TD until under 1 min to go in regulation. The other points came in the OTs where it was evident that the Bobcats were not going to win. This may not be the team fans are accustomed to seeing, but the Bobcats can still get 2nd in the district with wins over Powell, Clinton, & West.

You are wrong. The Bobcats will win this ballgame. Central held SD to 1 TD until under 1 min to go in regulation. The other points came in the OTs where it was evident that the Bobcats were not going to win. This may not be the team fans are accustomed to seeing, but the Bobcats can still get 2nd in the district with wins over Powell, Clinton, & West.

It won't be the first time I am wrong. The fact that Central couldn't stop S.D. in overtime indicates to me the defense needs work. Yes the Cats can still get 2nd by winning all three. But after the S.D. game they could also be defeated in all three games. All though highly unlikely if Halls wins out Central can't get second.

The Cats better regroup quickly if they are going to make the play offs.

I hope I am wrong and the Cats can turn it around. But at this point I am not very optimistic.