7AAA Girls Basketball

PHargis

Blackman 46-45 Siegel. Wow, what a game. Very intense, exciting game. Hate to see my girls come up short. Had the ball with 12 seconds and had three shots but couldn't connect. Looked like there was a foul on each one but at the end of the game I guess that's a good call. This siegel team seems to be the wildcard. They pull out a win in riverdale then lose 2 straight. Then almost beat this blackman team that blew them out 3 weeks ago. Once they get the chemistry going with wright back in the lineup, this team will be even a bigger threat. Keep it going ladies! Go stars!

• Replies 813
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

great job tonight by my lady warriors a lot of players got to play i wish coach had put them in a little sooner...number 10 had some nice shots i am sorry i forgot her name if it comes to me i will put it in...natilie is playing really strong like now she is looking like she wants to be out there and her play is showing it she is shooting well and playing solid defense and it is fun to watch..morgan great job shooting tonight burgess good job on your overall play nicole had a great block that was pretty sweet lol all of our girls played good tonight and all played hard

great job ladies

GO LADY WARRIORS

Blackman played a typical Battle of the Boro again tonite and the quick, undersized, Blaze, outplayed and out defensed Siegel and won 46-45. Critical mistakes by Siegel all during the game made the difference. Overton and Brown led the Blaze who kept the Stars mismatched and many times drove around, thru and about the taller stars and really won the game on shots around the basket. The Starshad 18 turnovers. Chad Hibdon's game plan was executed to perfection as the Blaze made shots around the basket and changed defenses often not allowing the stars to get set up.. Faulkner and A. Wright led the Stars with 11 and the Stars had a chance to win the game at the end but again execution was lacking as has been the case in the losses Siegel has had lately.

I am a bit surprised that Blackman was able to pull off the season sweep of Siegel, but the other games all went as expected. Cookeville continues to smoke everyone in their path and are in the drivers seat for the top spot. It looks like Riverdale and Lebanon will be fighting it out for the 2 & 3 spots so their game at Lebanon Friday will be a huge game for both teams. Siegel is the mystery team, as it is hard to tell how they will play from one game to the next.

Also, a note to PHargis: I'm not sure who you think the BadHat is, but I am definitely not the person you were describing in a previous post. I am just an interested observer with several connections to 7-AAA basketball.

Hold on to your seats everyone THE SWAMI HAS ARRIVED !!! The swami sees the games of tues. Jan.29th going like this : Warren County goes to Riverdale and will find themselves chasing after the Riverdale ladies layups all game. Riverdale wins this one by 25. Lebanon will go into Sparta and get the win in a close hard fought game. Lebanon by 4. Cookeville will play at Oakland and the coach for Cookeville will decide how much to run the score up on a completely outmanned Oakland team. Cookeville by 33. Blackman goes into Siegel and comes up a little bit short in a crosstown brawl. Siegel by 10. The swami has spoken, Read em and cry like a baby !!!!

Hmmmmmm. Riverdale won by 28, Cookeville by32, Lebanon by 10, and because of last night's storms in the area , looks like the "STARS" weren't able to come out !!! Never question the all insightful swami, "PHargis " The swami has spoken !!!

Hmmmmmm. Riverdale won by 28, Cookeville by32, Lebanon by 10, and because of last night's storms in the area , looks like the "STARS" weren't able to come out !!! Never question the all insightful swami, "PHargis " The swami has spoken !!!

14, good post. Usually Stars are in the heavens and are in some formation and guided by a Creator and they are a result of a Plan. That was not seen last night nor was much chemistry.

lol top five dumbest posts ever on coach t,cookeville is only team that should be close ha wow thats all i can say!!!!Roberts played well congrats to her.Yboa lol you dont seriously believe this garbage well anyone that has an ounce of basketball sense knows your crazy.

I dont think that post was dumb at all. It made perfect sense to me, Cookeville is the only team in our district that is better than us.

Sometimes the truth hurts spartaboy!

lol top five dumbest posts ever on coach t,cookeville is only team that should be close ha wow thats all i can say!!!!Roberts played well congrats to her.Yboa lol you dont seriously believe this garbage well anyone that has an ounce of basketball sense knows your crazy.

You have all of the top five dumbest posts SpartaBoy. Was you even at the game last night? TruckerBuddy, I agree with most of the stuff you said last night. We had a chance last night,but when I was watching the game you cant bench Cash to long. She is your playmaker.

Mr Phargis,

I can only speak about one game and that is White Co....Lebanon most definetly has the big guns, but, they also are a very good coached team, UNLIKE SPARTAS!!!!!!!!!!!!when the people in the stands get in the game at SPARTA, Haley will take the excitement right out of the game by doing HIS usual silly moves. He dicides to take CASH out of the game, Played PAGE 3.5 minutes all game, and I guess hes been looking at the forums here in this section because he did play the underclassmen tonight but had the same boring results. a big L in what should've been a W. I'm not downing any of the players on this team, Lord knows they get it from him enough,but I do think that he should be held liable for some of this teams losses. Cookeville should be the only team and I mean the only team in this district that should be close to Sparta! period...I know for a fact that all these girls have played basketball their entire childhood and made it to the National championship games both in AAU and YBOA. but they cant win a district game??????you tell me, I'm a nobody with nothing to say..By the way, if it weren't for Roberts, SPARTA would have lost by 20!!!!!!!!!!!!!!PERIOD. go S P A R T A , and replying to someone elses statement,"quote" if a fan at Sparta doesn't like a coach, they want be there long....I say to you " L O L ".

Playing underclassmen is good as long as they are good enough to play right now which some of them are. He is going have to figure out how to make his player rotation better.Wilson plays very good. I don't see a problem having her in at all. But you have to play and find a way to get Paige an open shot. Take the playbook back to Big Lots and hopefully he can find one on the internet.If not call the bloomingidiots.We are more than welcome to help. Don't sit Cash unless she gets to carried away and then you just sit her to calm down. REMEMBER the reason we play is to WIN. We don't play to lose.Heather Roberts played very well as well as Jessica Wilson.If you cant reach us at our 1-800 number try www.these2arebloomingidiots.com. /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

LOL your right we are ten points better than everyone state here we come!!!!!Because we came in 18th in the world training league aau and we won byob wow you three are amazing.

Its been a while since Ive posted, but Ive been reading for weeks now and I cant take it any longer.

Spartaboy, heres your problem you think our girls arent any good and we have the best coaching staff in the state. The only time you have anything to say is when the coach is getting badmouthed. We have a very talented team, a team that should be winning 95% of their games easily.

Brian Haley does not know basketball, plain and simple. As deep as our girls are,what we lack in talent we should more than compensate for in depth. We could all-out press for the entire game and not miss a beat, by the time the fourth quarter comes the other team should be completely wore down. (Depth......I can hear you now.) Yes WC girls are by far the deepest team in the district, but Haley doesnt know how to use it, which is why we havent got to see some of the girls Im about to name off. cash, roberts, daniels, yslas, delaney, paige, sims, wilson, simpson, alspaugh, thats ten easy and maybe another on the bench that sould see some more time. Lets face the facts we have the worst coach in the district and if something doesnt give some of the players wont be back next year. Would you continue to play knowing that your coach couldnt coach his way out of a paper bag? No. Its humiliating.

Just like truckersbuddy said, everytime Sparta gets some excitment going, getting the crowd into the game he throws on the brakes.

Defend him all you want spartaboy but WC girls have plenty of talent to win these games they are loosing, theyre just not getting put in position to win.

What happened to Simpson and Alspaugh Spartaboy, are they terrible? No. Then why arent they in the games?

Spartaboy, next time you talk to Haley, and I know you do, tell him about coacht. Maybe he could get on here and pick up some tips.

Till next time I get ticked..........C-ya later!

Its been a while since Ive posted, but Ive been reading for weeks now and I cant take it any longer.

Spartaboy, heres your problem you think our girls arent any good and we have the best coaching staff in the state. The only time you have anything to say is when the coach is getting badmouthed. We have a very talented team, a team that should be winning 95% of their games easily.

Brian Haley does not know basketball, plain and simple. As deep as our girls are,what we lack in talent we should more than compensate for in depth. We could all-out press for the entire game and not miss a beat, by the time the fourth quarter comes the other team should be completely wore down. (Depth......I can hear you now.) Yes WC girls are by far the deepest team in the district, but Haley doesnt know how to use it, which is why we havent got to see some of the girls Im about to name off. cash, roberts, daniels, yslas, delaney, paige, sims, wilson, simpson, alspaugh, thats ten easy and maybe another on the bench that sould see some more time. Lets face the facts we have the worst coach in the district and if something doesnt give some of the players wont be back next year. Would you continue to play knowing that your coach couldnt coach his way out of a paper bag? No. Its humiliating.

Just like truckersbuddy said, everytime Sparta gets some excitment going, getting the crowd into the game he throws on the brakes.

Defend him all you want spartaboy but WC girls have plenty of talent to win these games they are loosing, theyre just not getting put in position to win.

What happened to Simpson and Alspaugh Spartaboy, are they terrible? No. Then why arent they in the games?

Spartaboy, next time you talk to Haley, and I know you do, tell him about coacht. Maybe he could get on here and pick up some tips.

Till next time I get ticked..........C-ya later!

Sounds like to me, somebody's "cupcake" isn't getting enough playing time. I for one take "Spartaboy" side, he's just telling it like it is. Sparta's year will be next year. Their junior class is the glue to this team, but everyone who watches 7aaa basketball will tell any Sparta fan, that is smart enough to listen, You have a lack of size. And with most teams returning their main playmakers for next year, don't look to lock up that district titlle, or for that matter state title just yet. Believe me when I tell you, I know your team probably better than most sparta people who post on here, YOU DO NOT HAVE A STATE CHAMPIONSHIP TEAM in waiting. The SWAMI has spoken, read it and cry like a baby !!