7AAA Girls Basketball

PHargis

While there were none on the recently Coaches poll of 7AAA players, this poster would like to recognize 4 players along with probably others who represented their schools in Girls Basketball this past season. Oaklands King and Davis and Warren County's Frazier and Bowman did a very good job in the task. In fact, the last two were in double digits for the season. this poster commends the schools, their coaches and these players for having the work ethic to do something that they evidently love to do.

• Replies 813
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

While there were none on the recently Coaches poll of 7AAA players, this poster would like to recognize 4 players along with probably others who represented their schools in Girls Basketball this past season. Oaklands King and Davis and Warren County's Frazier and Bowman did a very good job in the task. In fact, the last two were in double digits for the season. this poster commends the schools, their coaches and these players for having the work ethic to do something that they evidently love to do.

Hey Phargis, check your PM inbox

While this poster does not have all of the asst coaches of 7AAA teams, it might be good to recognize the fine coaches of the teams in 7AAA. They have done a great job and the product of their work along with the support they have been give by their schools have made their seasons a success. Please excuse the spelling if THis poster happens to hit the wrong keys.

Cookeville Mindy Odem

White Co. Coach Hailey

Warren Coach Eades

Lebanon Coach Devin Brown

Blackman Coach Chad Hibdon

Oakland Coach Grandstaff

Riverdale Coach Burt

Siegel Coach Bush

If any would like to recognize the asst coaches of these teams, please do so.

Since there are evidently many popcorn eaters at the games, there are some schools that put that extra touch on that product and make the game more enjoyable. If you have a school that has done that extra special job, please post the name of that school. As a note, my special favorites are Riverdale, Blackman and Siegel, and yes there are others 85, and I think you may have some choices.

I cant speak for Warren Co.'s peformance, but I was not offended in the least by having no Oakland players on the all-district team. I never like to bash players, but I am seriously dissapointed in how Sarah King's career panned out. She never improved and the same mistakes she made as a freshmen were the same mistakes she was making as a senior. And I wish she was the only one I could say that about but that seems to be the case for most of the team unfortunately. Jennifer can try to coach these girls up till she is blue in the face, but sometimes they players have to hold themselves accountable to get better in the off-season.

District 7-AAA 1st Round Match-ups:

8)Oakland @ 1)Cookeville

7)Warren Co. @ 2) Siegel

6)Blackman @ 3)Riverdale

5)White Co. @ 4)Lebanon

Predictions for the tournament O Great Swami?

Yes !! Yes! Yes!! the "SWAMI" has arrived !!! Please !! Please !! everyone be seated !! The all insightful "SWAMI" sees Thurs. games going like this: Top seeded Cookeville will make short work of Oakland ending the Lady Patriots season with a 27 point home victory. Siegel will eliminate my Lady Pioneers by 31. Riverdale will be too strong on their home court for Blackman, Riverdale continues their defense of the state crown, with a 14 point victory. And finally, in the best game of the night White County will go into Lebanon and pull the upset with a 3 point hard fought victory. The "SWAMI" has spoken !! Read em and weep !! And make plans for Shelbyville winners !!!!!!

Some explaination please, It's always been my understanding that the top four teams from the district tournament advance to the region. I was informed by two people yesterday that the regular season winner gets a automatic bid to the region.

That could possible knock out the fourth place team from the tournament. Example: if Cookeville was to stub a toe and lose to Oakland and then Oakland finishes fourth in the tournament they would still not advance to the region.

One more question, where are the regions being played this year?

Thanks for your time and attention. /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

Some explaination please, It's always been my understanding that the top four teams from the district tournament advance to the region. I was informed by two people yesterday that the regular season winner gets a automatic bid to the region.

That could possible knock out the fourth place team from the tournament. Example: if Cookeville was to stub a toe and lose to Oakland and then Oakland finishes fourth in the tournament they would still not advance to the region.

Thanks for your time and attention. /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

According to TSSAA site:

1st Rnd. @ Higher Seed .... Feb. 22 - 28 .... Shelbyville Central H.S.

Not sure if that is correct since the 4A information is incorrect.

Thats correct. They started giving the district champion a automatic bid to the regionals last season, so a #8 seed would have to finish 3rd if they were to make it to the regional tounrament. It makes things a little complicated, but the regular season champion needs to be rewarded for what they did in the regular season.

I cant speak for Warren Co.'s peformance, but I was not offended in the least by having no Oakland players on the all-district team. I never like to bash players, but I am seriously dissapointed in how Sarah King's career panned out. She never improved and the same mistakes she made as a freshmen were the same mistakes she was making as a senior. And I wish she was the only one I could say that about but that seems to be the case for most of the team unfortunately. Jennifer can try to coach these girls up till she is blue in the face, but sometimes they players have to hold themselves accountable to get better in the off-season.

Oakland, This poster is concerned about the whole situation concerning Girls basketball at Oakland. The atmosphere is just exactly like the situation at LHS 3 years ago with a notable exception that there are some top notch people running the program. Usually when there is noting coming out of a program, pro or against, and there is no excitement concerning the team, players, etc, things are not going right. At the games, there does seem to be excitement in the stands but its not sure if it is because a a Legendary Boys team or something else. The other situation is you are the only one who has posted, for or against Oakland this whole year with one exception. There is no passion as far as the team is concerned and that rolls over to the school. You can disagree with that statement but since LHS has gotten better, a lot of communication about the program has gotten much better and the passion is good. There seems to be a lot of interest. This poster does not think it is only evident on this site but the program seems to have very little interest. Oakland, you have been a pretty constant poster and this poster has seen your posts on the boys thread. At this time the bsketball team is living off of boys basketball and if it is ever down a year or two, yu will have a hard time with attendance. Good thing you have had a great Booster Club in years past. Grandstaff is there because she loves coaching and oakland is a prestegious school, do doubt about it. Other 7AAA schools are talking about their Freshman teams this past year and their players and i wonder how the freshman class, in girls basketball, has done this year or is it just an extension of the Varsity. Light a fire Oakland Girls Basketball.

One more day and the 7AAA Tournament is in swing and while the 1-8 thru 4-5 formant is normally a ho-hum event the first day, the whole tournament may be full of surprises this year. It's very obvious Cookeville will be the odds on favorite but there are some teams that may make the journey uncomfortable. From years past thru this year, this poster would definitely hate to have White county, Blackman, and Lebanon as a first round opponent or for that matter a second round opponent. Blackman has given everyone fits with their defense, White has a way of coming up at Tournament time and scare someone to death and Lebanon,if they can get their turnover situation taken care of, has the talent if they are on to beat someone soundly but the question might be, will they play smart. While Oakland seems down, Warren, while not playing great, has shown some signs of making that final effort. So what does all of that mean? Cookeville is favored, and someone is going to have to beat Riverdale to put them out in District. As usual, Burt will not let that happen. Riverdale will be in Region. And the Wild Card is Siegel. They should beat Warren but the Riverdale/Siegel game will be a major Battle of the Boro and the Burt/Bush Battle goes on with two teams on a mission. it will be Allie Wright, Shanice Cason and Morgan Faulkner and Clair Waggoner playing hard against Morgan

Swope, Burgess, Clarke, and Lanning in the Lebanon High School Gymnasium and it will be one of the best games of the year. Yes Riverdale IS the defending AAA Girls Champion from last year.

And on the other side, if the seedings mean anything, Lebanon High school's London Elie will have as an incentive, to want to continue on and she and Icelyn and a group of LHS players who the last two years have put LHS back on the map, will try to finish up what they started and win the District Tournament.

So everyone has incentive to do their best and it is a time that 7AAA looks forward to each year. its a time that is a team thing because thats the only way you get where you want to go. These teams have played each other twice this year and know each other better than if they were sisters. ther are no secrets. The LHS gym will be full and its a shame it's not twice that large. The city of Lebanon is fortunate that LHS has made their comeback but the High School is proud that the City has supported the High School. Yes, its 7AAA tournament time in Middle Tennessee.

One more day and the 7AAA Tournament is in swing and while the 1-8 thru 4-5 formant is normally a ho-hum event the first day, the whole tournament may be full of surprises this year. It's very obvious Cookeville will be the odds on favorite but there are some teams that may make the journey uncomfortable. From years past thru this year, this poster would definitely hate to have White county, Blackman, and Lebanon as a first round opponent or for that matter a second round opponent. Blackman has given everyone fits with their defense, White has a way of coming up at Tournament time and scare someone to death and Lebanon,if they can get their turnover situation taken care of, has the talent if they are on to beat someone soundly but the question might be, will they play smart. While Oakland seems down, Warren, while not playing great, has shown some signs of making that final effort. So what does all of that mean? Cookeville is favored, and someone is going to have to beat Riverdale to put them out in District. As usual, Burt will not let that happen. Riverdale will be in Region. And the Wild Card is Siegel. They should beat Warren but the Riverdale/Siegel game will be a major Battle of the Boro and the Burt/Bush Battle goes on with two teams on a mission. it will be Allie Wright, Shanice Cason and Morgan Faulkner and Clair Waggoner playing hard against Morgan

Swope, Burgess, Clarke, and Lanning in the Lebanon High School Gymnasium and it will be one of the best games of the year. Yes Riverdale IS the defending AAA Girls Champion from last year.

And on the other side, if the seedings mean anything, Lebanon High school's London Elie will have as an incentive, to want to continue on and she and Icelyn and a group of LHS players who the last two years have put LHS back on the map, will try to finish up what they started and win the District Tournament.

So everyone has incentive to do their best and it is a time that 7AAA looks forward to each year. its a time that is a team thing because thats the only way you get where you want to go. These teams have played each other twice this year and know each other better than if they were sisters. ther are no secrets. The LHS gym will be full and its a shame it's not twice that large. The city of Lebanon is fortunate that LHS has made their comeback but the High School is proud that the City has supported the High School. Yes, its 7AAA tournament time in Middle Tennessee.

Riverdale does not match up well with Siegel. Neither Lanning, nor Swoape can handle Cason. Faulkner has also be very difficult to defend.