1. Clarksville 14-0

2. Springfield 12-2

3. Henry Co. 8-6

4. Northeast 6-8

5. Northwest 5-9

6. Rossview 4-10

7. Dickson Co. 4-10

8. Kenwood 3-11

I think Springfield will drop this year, and Northeast, Rossview, and Dickson should be better. Hopefully the district will be more competitive in the region. Clarksville has been the only team to have success in recent years.

I expect this district to be pretty strong from top to bottom, so I think they'll have some success in the region tournament this year. Clarksville, Rossview, and Northeast are all capable of beating most of the other teams from 9-AAA. Gallatin will be tough for all of them, but I don't think you can say Gallatin will easily beat all of them. But after Gallatin, I think these three teams can beat any of those other teams on any given night. Should make for an exciting region tournament.

I will agree that they do have more athletes and more size due to a bigger population, and if you read correctly which obviously you didn't, I did not dispute that they had not had the advantage in the past, what I said was I think the gap is getting smaller. But we'll see this year as there is several games between the two districts.Lavergne enrollment = 2654Clarksville High = 1259

9-AAA has dominated 10-AAA the last five years with the exception of Clarksville. Clarksville won the region last year and was runner-up the year before. Dickson County is the only other 10-AAA team to win a region tournament game in the last 5 years, when they upset Beech two years ago in the quarterfinals.

2006 Region 5-AAA Enrollments:

Springfield High School - 977

Beech Senior High School - 1,109

Kenwood High School - 1,162

Northwest High School - 1,234

Henry Co. High School - 1,338

Rossview High School - 1,356

Gallatin High School -1,358

Clarksville High School - 1,362

Hendersonville High School - 1,389

Northeast High School - 1,435

Dickson Co. High School - 1,436

Mt. Juliet High School - 1,465

Wilson Central High School - 1,506

Smyrna High School - 1,594

LaVergne High School - 1,826

Thanks for the valuable infor Mid-State. I know La Vergne's enrollment is up over 2,000 this year. By far the largest school in the region.

I think this region will be very competitive...and it seems like in the future 9-AAA could push even more teams through. I think this year I would still give the nod to 10-AAA, BUT again, that's why they play the games.